• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Graphics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I hope they did a nice redesign of the infoscreen because it was really ugly in XY, brownish color and lines everywhere...

I liked the infoscreen in XY, personally. But I like lines, so... :p

One thing that I hope they keep is the weather effects on the Battle menu. That was a nice touch.

Chimchar15

I love how Roxanne's gym looks. Hoenn didn't have a fossil exhibit before and as Wulava said she is a scholar so it fits. Also the 3D fossil statues near roxanne look great.

I wonder what that is in the middle of the town right behind the Mart guy. There was always that empty space in the middle of Oldale so maybe they finally added something into it.
Well, the "old Oldale" does have the sign and some little flowers in the middle, so that's probably just a more detailed version of that (like a big flower bush or something).

Zoldakin

I wonder what that is in the middle of the town right behind the Mart guy. There was always that empty space in the middle of Oldale so maybe they finally added something into it.

They probably just did some refurbishing, moved some stuff around, put some new flowers in, I doubt much more, especially for an early town that has literally nothing in it.

Leyniar

Judging from the screenshots and the trailers so far, do people think the camera angles have improved? I felt that was an issue in X & Y, it just changed too often between areas. It seems now that we are looking at the player from a 45 degree angle most of the time.

acrobike2.jpg
machbike4.jpg
machbike1.jpg
oldaletown.jpg
magma3.jpg
brendan2.jpg

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Judging from the screenshots and the trailers so far, do people think the camera angles have improved? I felt that was an issue in X & Y, it just changed too often between areas. It seems now that we are looking at the player from a 45 degree angle most of the time.

acrobike2.jpg
machbike4.jpg
machbike1.jpg
oldaletown.jpg
magma3.jpg
brendan2.jpg

6 screenshots can hardly tell us what the camera angles are going to be like throughout the game.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
6 screenshots can hardly tell us what the camera angles are going to be like throughout the game.

that is true but i think the fact that they're all pretty consistent says otherwise because XY did have some very different camera angles throughout the game. I like small transitional ones like that long hallway in the factory inside the badlands. i forget what it's called. but i absolutely hate the angles like in azure bay. i mean it's not really that hard to get around the place but when you can't see whats directly in front or behind you it's kind of frustrating. like it's not easy to tell exactly how much of the area you've cleared. also i do like how the camera appears to be significantly zoomed out in the screen caps we have here. small things that make me excited for the remakes.

speaking of the screen caps though hoenn seems to have remained visually the same as the originals. i was expecting a bigger overhaul in terms of aesthtetics but i'm actually really happy with how it looks.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
It's the view of the protagonist exiting the truck... Or at least that's what I see.

Ya I agree the camera is "in" the truck looking out as the main character leaves.

The Mustache

there's only one think I don't like in the games... the grass has an horrible color and the rocks in the cliffs. i PREFERED the XY colors in those aspects

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Well, that's pretty obvious since that's the default camera view.
Surely there are going to be dynamic camera views on certain areas. We've already seen the view from within the truck, and a bit more zoomed out top view when we talk to Steven at Route 119.

there's only one think I don't like in the games... the grass has an horrible color and the rocks in the cliffs. i PREFERED the XY colors in those aspects

Sometimes, screenshots doesn't give the game justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.