• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Graphics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePingu

I just hope we can select which arena we fight in WiFi Battles like in Battle Revolution ;_;

That, and the ugly conjoined circles they had for double and triple battles leave...

Chaos Rush

Am I the only one who's not "super duper amazed" at how each Gym has its own battle background? It was like that in X/Y too, so that's something that should be expected. This is nothing new to me.

ebevan91

Am I the only one who's not "super duper amazed" at how each Gym has its own battle background? It was like that in X/Y too, so that's something that should be expected. This is nothing new to me.

I don't really pay attention to that kinda stuff.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Can I just say that I still think it's awesome how:

[spoil]
july_p08_07_ehd.jpg

EVERY

july_p10_05_uqb.jpg

GYM

july_p12_05_iif.jpg

HAS A

july_p14_10_oem.jpg

UNQIUE

july_p06_06_ycn.jpg

BACKGROUND
[/spoil]

I'm pretty sure that each X/Y Gym battle had different backgrounds as well. I love Brawly's Gym's design in general; the addition of exercise equipment is pretty fab.

Chimchar15

I really love how they redesigned the gym badges they're so much more vibrant and colorful. It bothered me how the stone badge and the dynamo badge were both just gold colored so I'm glad they have a bit more flair to them.

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Yeah the Gym Badges do look brighter and more colourful-the graphics in general look much better than XY IMO

Abit off topic,but does anyone know what moves make Typhlosion ignite his mane and roar while on his hind legs in XY? Ive tried everything i can think of with no luck:(

Zoldakin

Yeah the Gym Badges do look brighter and more colourful-the graphics in general look much better than XY IMO

Abit off topic,but does anyone know what moves make Typhlosion ignite his mane and roar while on his hind legs in XY? Ive tried everything i can think of with no luck:(

I believe eruption.
I love the petalburgh gym. The squeaky clean shiny wood floor is my type of place, although a little strange that it's a battle floor and never gets scratched XD

Kymbo

omlette du fromage
I'm really, really looking forward to the Slateport beach and the Lavaridge hotsprings. Idk, Hoenn was just such a beautiful, tropical, unique region to me and those environmental features never showed in any other region. I'm so psyched!!View attachment 13074

Last edited:

thatdude53

I'm really, really looking forward to the Slateport beach and the Lavaridge hotsprings. Idk, Hoenn was just such a beautiful, tropical, unique region to me and those environmental features never showed in any other region. I'm so psyched!!View attachment 13074

Ah! Such a perfect screenshot. Mudkip I choose you to battle on the beach!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's a shame that landscape is only on Route 9 (Slateport Beach).
I'm really interested in seeing Route 13 battle landscape (Ashfall route)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's a shame that landscape is only on Route 9 (Slateport Beach).
I'm really interested in seeing Route 13 battle landscape (Ashfall route)

Did they change the Hoenn route numbers or something? I thought they went from 101 to 134 and didn't include single digits unless I'm mistaken.

But Slateport's beach does look fab even if it's a minor area in the games.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Did they change the Hoenn route numbers or something? I thought they went from 101 to 134 and didn't include single digits unless I'm mistaken.

You are not mistaken. They are numbered 101 to 134 in Hoenn.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

But Slateport's beach does look fab even if it's a minor area in the games.

Sorry. I meant 109 and 113. I got used to Kanto, Johto, Unova and Kalos routes....

diakyu

Does anyone recognize like the three seconds of music when Steven is talking to the player? Might help us place it on the map.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Does anyone recognize like the three seconds of music when Steven is talking to the player? Might help us place it on the map.

It's really hard to distinguish because the cast are too noisy...
I wish the official websites post a cleaner version of the footage they just showed today.

Anyway, if we are to locate waterfalls on a grassy terrain, that would only be Route 119.
There's a waterfall at Route 114 too, but the terrain is reddish, not green. So that couldn't be it.
Some routes and towns doesn't really have rivers on them too.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I was kinda disappointed when we first saw that the Magma/Aqua Grunts didn't have a 3D model in the intro like everyone in Team Flare did. But the effect with the Magma emblem materializing from within the lava pillar and and the Aqua emblem diving as if it was underwater both look fantastic. And then for Maxie/Archie, having their sillouhettes within that makes them appear much more intimidating than before. In regards to the bits of music we heard, it sounds like they did a great job of remixing the music without deviating too much from the original melodies, I like it.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
...Wasn't that a good thing? And, the point of remade remixes?

I thought it was to be expected, personally. We can't have totally different compensations, ala Black/White 2. While they sound good, mind you, it's too different.

On subject...I'm in love. Give me more tracks. I nearly died when Maxie/Archie showed up.

While they just sound enhanced; this guy over here thinks they done it WELL.

Status
Not open for further replies.