• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Graphics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Rush

IIRC, the reason why none of the 3rd gen games had a day/night cycle had something to do with the internal battery, it's not because of nostalgia.
It was neither nostalgia nor the internal battery. The RSE games had a time system, and it's the sole reason why it had an internal battery in the first place (FR/LG carts don't). They could have easily added some code that would alter the overworld palettes depending on what time of day it was and it would have had no added effect on the internal battery whatsoever that the RSE games as we know them doesn't already - the RSE internal battery not only keeps track of time, but it also counts how many days you've been playing, which means it already does more than it did in GSC.

I'm convinced that the only reason why we didn't get a visible day/night system was because the original model GBA was nearly impossible to see, hence why many GBA games often features bright color palettes, and many SNES-to-GBA ports brightened the colors. This wasn't a problem on the GBC because the screen was more reflective (to the point where late GBC games were able to detect if they were being played on a GBA, and would brighten the color palettes as a result, such as the Zelda Oracle games). The RSE games already keeps track of time and the only thing that needed to be done to "finalize" it was to simply load a different set of palettes depending on what time of day it is. It would not have affected the longevity of the saving feature, because the GSC games relied on the cartridge's own saving battery (all GB/GBC games with SRAM saving have one), which drained it further. GBA games use a different method for saving, and the internal battery in the RSE carts was strictly for the RTC.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Speaking of the day/night cycle, have we actually seen a screen-shot of Hoenn at night yet? I personally don't recall.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I have to agree, I didn't even recognize it when I saw it. It's lacking the spookiness of the original.

I think it's because in the scene that the trailer showed, the fog just started to form, just like in the original.

Remember, in the original, not the entire area of the outside section has fog.

Also, we didn't get to hear Mt. Pyre's spooky BGM either. Speaking of BGM, dat Bicycle theme

anyway

wow

- The water in Sootopolis reflects the sky and the surrounding crater. Would love to see that at night, especially if moon is involved xD

- Diving areas looks awesome, and lol we finally can see the diving gear

- The path on Pacifidlog no longer bounces when stepped on......I hope this is just a beta, I like the bouncing

- Groudon and Kyogre's awakening sequences looks awesome. They actually crack themselves out :p

- They updated the "in town" battle area, it seems. I didn't recall seeing a nearby tree surrounded by flowers, the "floor" for the Pokemon looks different too.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It seems someone already mentioned it in another thread. I was talking about this:

This is either part of the volcano or that one route with all the soot.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
This is either part of the volcano or that one route with all the soot.

Very unlikely, there's no dojo-like building or a bridge in any of the areas you mentioned.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Very unlikely, there's no dojo-like building or a bridge in any of the areas you mentioned.

And they couldn't add a bridge/slash dojo type area to a place why?? Look at the sky, you can see soot or volcanic ash falling which means it has to be near those two places.

aerial_ace

OMG my body cant take this anymore. This game looks stunning, diving spots, awakening scene, mosdeep city, METEOR FALLS!!, Sootopolis gym they all look fantastic. But theres one thing that tops it all. Altaria's special appeal looks almighty and graceful makes me wanna do contests over and over again. also the shrine type building with petals falling down... can't recall any place in Hoenn that could have smth like this. I wonder if thats inside the mysterious cloud.

SurrealistSmeargle

And they couldn't add a bridge/slash dojo type area to a place why?? Look at the sky, you can see soot or volcanic ash falling which means it has to be near those two places.
That... That is outright strange. On the face of it I would have said it was some form of Battle Facility, but you are right, that looks a lot like ash, and perhaps even an ongoing eruption in the background. But there isn't anywhere on the map that clearly shows something like that. The only place I could possibly see it is in the mountain-spine between Rusturf Tunnel and the volcano, which would be do-able if they expanded into it from a new access point in Rusturf Tunnel. Otherwise, I can only assume they have the Battle Frontier a volcano.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looking at it again along with the Hoenn region thread, it's almost definitely the entrance to Sidney's E4 room.

Last edited:

Aetius

I wonder if we will see other Pokèmon phisically appearing in the shaking areas...
I seriously doubt that though...I guess hat only Pikachu will get such treatment...as always after all. XD
Either way this trailer was fantastic! It hyped me up even more for these games' release. :D

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Holy graphical update batman! I was saying it from the start, ORAS was siginificantly better then XY in many ways, good to see them trailers are backing me up so much.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
The Graphics are amazing! Did you see Pacfilog town. And the Space Center! DIVING! they had Corsela swimming in the background. Gamefreak Gamefreak why did you have to make Release Late November.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
The Diving cut-scene is pretty awesome. Seeing Corsola underwater makes me feel hyped. Meteor Falls, Pacifidlog, everything was super great.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Meteor Fall tho.. That waterfall. It was just beautiful.
And Pacfilog looks SICK! Logs actually being in the town?! Awesome!

Castform07

well goodness me!!! looks amazing!!! I am however, saving the game to play around christmas time so its something for me too look forward too as a reward for doing my university assignments :) Loving everything in this game!!! :D

Loving the graphics. Riding on Wailmer underwater is what I hoped for. And the character even has a mask on, cute!

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I wonder if they could replicate somehow specific Legendary Pokémon when they are roaming just like they did with Pikachu. For example, if it was Mesprit we could see its tails appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.