• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Graphics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Arcticwolf10

Hmm, the ones between Duskull and Chimeco are Dusclops and Tropius. I'm guessing the cross-(pre)evolutions are gonna be added when you receive the Nat Dex.

Ooh, that too. Then I'd guess the recognition you get from completing the Regional Dex has been changed to catch all Gen III 'mons.

Phoebe has Dusknoir in her first battle,

Aetius

Yeah, I too love the new layout of the Dèx's "front page", also because, as Wulava said, it's quite handy when it comes to know which Pokèmon you're missing. :D

Looks a little bit different from X&Y, they have definitely made some improvements!

Rapiido

The transition rooms between the Elite 4 members holy jeeeez Over9000/10

Leyniar

So far this game looks stunning! Hoenn feels so immersive! Night actually looks dark! The camera angles are much better than XY!

Also, did anyone noticed that you can't pick berries from the sides? You have to be facing the plant. Hehe, that animation is so over the top I love it!

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm kind of disappointed that the game still lacks 3D in most areas of the overworld. It would've been really nice to see Hoenn in 3D, since it's the most visually impressive region so far. It was nice seeing some of the cities revamped, though, especially Mauville City, which looks AMAZING!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I have to say, the visuals in this game are STUNNING. The fact that just about every unique place has a unique battle background is insane. Mt. Chimney, Meteor Falls, Rusturf Tunnel, Mt. Pyre, New Mauville, Sky Pillar, Sky Pillar summit and all the amazing backgrounds for special trainer battles are incredibly well done. X/Y had some fantastic backgrounds but nothing to this degree. It got the point where going to a new area made me eager to see what the battle background looked like. This isn't including the overworld either, this game gets a perfect 10 for graphics.

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
I have to say, the visuals in this game are STUNNING. The fact that just about every unique place has a unique battle background is insane. Mt. Chimney, Meteor Falls, Rusturf Tunnel, Mt. Pyre, New Mauville, Sky Pillar, Sky Pillar summit and all the amazing backgrounds for special trainer battles are incredibly well done. X/Y had some fantastic backgrounds but nothing to this degree. It got the point where going to a new area made me eager to see what the battle background looked like. This isn't including the overworld either, this game gets a perfect 10 for graphics.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. You can see the amount of time and devotion Game Freak spent going over every little detail in ORAS to make the game as beautiful as possible. I love the occasional Wingulls you see flying around, the stunning battle backgrounds, and the overworld. I was wondering how Game Freak would be able to convert a 2D Gameboy Advance Game into a Nintendo 3DS game without it feeling or looking awkward, but it seems that Game Freak found the perfect formula for success with these game's graphics.

Keovix

The graphics are amazing in this game, right now I'm on route 113 and the battle backgrounds with the trees covered in ashes is just beautiful, also the little cutscenes before a random encounter happens are so good, my favourite is the one with the rocks flying everywhere.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
The ending part of Route 120 at night, with all the stars reflected in the puddles and the lake, is probably my favorite overworld scene in the series to date, just passing Bellchime Trail in HGSS.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
I love the overworld, it's nice and colorful and gives Hoenn a distinct feel like Unova or Kalos.

I am only miffed that inexplicably the battles still have some slowdown. You'd think they would've figured it out by now!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I get that the 3DS is technologically the equivalent of a toaster and that I clearly need to buy a PS Vita, but seeing those cheap chibi models used in the overworld, especially in close-ups during cutscenes, just makes me cringe every time (Birch and Archie look notably more ridiculous than the rest), particularly compared to the few cutscenes using crisp, full-size models.

PokéStig

Mewtwo Finder
New graphics is of course cool, but for me it is like an upgrade of X and Y. What about the textures? How many polygons do they have?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's a small thing, but I just noticed that the large trees in Littleroot Town sway slightly. I think it's a really nice touch since it gives off the illusion of a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.