• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New guy with a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moreliac

Hello forum members. I have been away from the pokemon scene for a number of years, but have decided to try getting back into battling. I am currently in the beginning stages of putting together a new team (probably going to be UU), but I have a question I'd like to ask before I actually start putting in the effort to construct it.

Do people still battle on d/p/pt? The only ds version I currently own is platinum, and I'm not sure if its considered obsolete now or what? Do I need a newer version if I want to start battling with people again? I had a white version when it first came out, but I must say I was disappointed with that game and I ended up selling it before I even beat it. All the generations before it were getting better each time, but I get the feeling they just ran out of good ideas for new pokemon with b/w lol.

Anyways, I would pick up a copy of a newer version if its necessary, but if its still realistic to battle people with platinum then I would rather just do that. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Most people have moved on to Black and White. There's a Wi-Fi section here for 4th gen games but they're not very active. If you plan on battling, it's always best to have a current generation game.

Why dont you like b/w

Diamond Darkrai

i still battle in B/P/PT also to Piplup: B/W looks VERY VERY childish, it looks like it's ment to be for kids under the age of 12. The looks on the new pokemon AFTER Gen4 are VERY childish i despise them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.