• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Harry Potter Movie 6 Trailer

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
A new, and perhaps final, trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came up on Youtube a few days ago, so I'd thought I'd post it here, since I can't find the previous thread. Thank you Tadashi for finding this video and showing it to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUdFnK5snTI

I figured that the sixth movie would be better than the fifth, since it held true in the books, and I think I was right. Just judging on this trailer, I think this movie is going to be really good; it's going to focus much more on the book's events, and not just on major events, and skipping other major ones, like GOF and OOTP did.

Also, it looks like the Hogwarts Battle is going to be in this movie as well. I think I remember reading in the last thread that it was going to be cut out (either that or it was Dumbledore's funeral), so this is a shock for me.

The movie will be out in theaters on July 17, so that's something I can look forward to during the summer.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Way to not credit me for giving you that link :mad:

Anyway, I AM SO FEROCIOUSLY PSYCHED OMG. It's been an eternity since Order of the Phoenix came out and sucked so badly I almost wanted to cry. The visual effects look great, and the bits at the Cave look especially tantalizing =P

The big death scene, as some of us know, is nothing less than the emotional backbone for the whole movie, and if it's not done to perfection, I will never forgive that stupid director. But even if it does suck, I will be in that audience, weeping my little eyes out because of the way I felt when I read it ;;

YAY JULY 17!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I am speachless. This looks epic. I have a feeling that once the battle is over, so will the movie. Leaving the funerul open for the beginning of movie 7. This just made my day a hole lot better.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Looks interesting. I've seen every Harry Potter movie in theatres so far, and I won't miss this one. It's been ages since I read Harry Potter; I'll have to re-read them starting with the fifth book.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!! I'M HARRY POTTER!!! I'VE GOT A MAGIC SCAR AND GLASSES!!!
^That's my imatation of Harry Potter. The books are alright. The Movies are alright. Don't really know if I should go see it. has anyone seen the Harry Potter Puppet Pals, or whatever it is on youtube
ron: HEY EVERYONE! I FOUND THE SOURCE OF THE TICKING NOISE! IT'S A PIPE BOMB!!!
all: YAY!
BAM!
any way My favorite book was Prisoner of Azkaban, and that was a bit of a let down for me. How long will the movie go for?

jorisw

LOL, They put the wrong date at the end of the trailer. The real date is JULY 15!
I'm definately going to watch this movie, it looks great!

Wow six looks really good. I love David Yates, and how saturated the film looks.

My favorites are in order.

1.Prisoner of Azkaban-Simply outsanding, fans of the books didn't like it because it was unfaithful but as movies go it was the best. Nostalgic too
2.Order of the phoenix-Kinda unfaithful to the books but again as a film its quite good.
3.Chamber of Secrets-Extremely Faithful but still I didn't like the direction or acting
4. Philosophers stone- Faithful and nostalgic
5.Goblet of Fire.- Was the weakest but not a bad film...

Among the top critics the films aren't bad either... From rotten tomatoes
OotP-71% gave it a positive review
GoF-89%
PoA-90%
CoS-72%
PS-74%
AVG. of the series 79.2% of the top critics in the world enjoy potter

Among general critics

OotP-78% positive
GoF-89%
PoA-90%
CoS-82%
PS-78%

Average consensus from critics-83.2% positive.

Not bad at all! (again this is from rotten tomatoes)

Profesco

gone gently
I'm excited for it, too, but anything I could say to that emotive extent would flutter to the ground like tuckered-out undies, at least after Tadashi's capsful post up there. XD

Yes, the visuals and effects do look absurdly terrific. The HP movies have a bad habit of always looking dreary and depressing, even during what should be happy moments, so I'm hoping this one tries to match the scenery with the emotional tone a bit better. Of course, it's going to be a very deep and solemn film if it stays true to the book's storyline, so there's some trading off being done, but oh well. :p

And like Tadashi yet again, I adamantly demand they handle Dumbledore's death with utmost precision and care. It is within the top three most poignant and intense moments in the entire septology, and anything less than perfection just can't be forgiven. u_u

Spirit of Darkness

I will watch this movie for sure. It is fantastic. Actually the trailer was put in many sites before, including msn and the official Harry Potter site.

Briankelly130

The movie looks really good but I'm just hoping they keep in the Sectumsempra scene and don't blur over it just because it's a kids movie

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
The visuals look awesome, I think the acting will be stellar. I'm glad to see Hermione was to be seen laughing throughout.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

I'm excited for it, too, but anything I could say to that emotive extent would flutter to the ground like tuckered-out undies, at least after Tadashi's capsful post up there. XD

Yes, the visuals and effects do look absurdly terrific. The HP movies have a bad habit of always looking dreary and depressing, even during what should be happy moments, so I'm hoping this one tries to match the scenery with the emotional tone a bit better. Of course, it's going to be a very deep and solemn film if it stays true to the book's storyline, so there's some trading off being done, but oh well. :p

And like Tadashi yet again, I adamantly demand they handle Dumbledore's death with utmost precision and care. It is within the top three most poignant and intense moments in the entire septology, and anything less than perfection just can't be forgiven. u_u

It's dreary because of the lighting, Prof.

Oh yeah, and Dumbledore's death was just the beginning. Plus, he is a Chessmaster, in a figurative sense.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
LOL, They put the wrong date at the end of the trailer. The real date is JULY 15!

Are you sure? The 15th is a Wednesday. Why would they release a movie in the middle of the week like that? Friday the 17th makes much more sense if you ask me.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I havent really been watching the Harry Potter movies, :/, but I do want to see this movie. So I got to catch up before this arrives in Theatres.

I can't wait, even though i haven't actually read the book
but i love Harry :)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Im pretty lazy to read the book, to be honest. :p I havent really took the time to do so. It's like the Twilight Books to me.