1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Heart Gold team

Discussion in '4th Gen RMT' started by Pierce571, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Pierce571

Pierce571 Well-Known Member

I am gonna start a new game on Heart Gold and I was thinking of using this team. What do you guys think of it?

Typhlosion @ Wise glasses
    Calm nature

Sunny day
    Flamethrower
    Solar Beam
    Focus Blast

Raichu @ Choice scarf
    Modest nature

Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Signal beam
    Hidden power / Nasty plot (Depends what type hidden power is gonna turn out to be)

Gallade @ Muscle Band
    Adamant nature

Brick break
    Psycho cut
    Ice punch
    Night slash

Skuntank @ Life Orb
    Adamant nature

Poison Jab
    Night slash
    ?????
    ????? (I could definitely use some help with these 2 moves. Especially since I don't want to use explosion)

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Modest nature

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Signal beam
    Extrasensory

Aerodactyl @ Choice band
    Jolly nature

Earthquake
    Rock slide
    Dragon claw
    Fly

2. Aura Sensei™

Aura Sensei™ User Title

Gallade @ Muscle Band
    Jolly / Steadfast
    • Psycho Cut
    • Stone Edge / Shadow Sneak
    • Close Combat
    • Swords Dance

Use Double Edge > Dragon Claw on Aerodactyl if it has Rock Head.

3. koosbane

koosbane master breeder

Skuntank's last two moves can be flamethrower and slash or return. his movepool is lacking.

go with grass knot over signal beam on raichu.

4. La Parka

La Parka Best In The World

Lead with Aerodactyl to set up rocks. And maybe a taunt. Focus sash him for the full effect. Other than that it seems like a team of sweepers. I'd give Skunktank the Sucker Punch and Toxic. Toxic is great when your opponent goes for the switch and gets their pokemon nailed with some toxic. I'd swap Raichu's Signal beam to Grass Knot since you have Suicune with the Signal beam. Maybe throw a wall in. Like Skarmory, or Blissey. Of course this is just competetive and if your just playing against the AI then this is fine :p

5. ShinyUmbreon189

ShinyUmbreon189 RealTalkRealFlow

It looks good but you'd wanna have a Typhlosion with Timid or Modest nature. Your team seems to be a sweeping team but make sure you EV train to get the best stats.

6. Pierce571

Pierce571 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice all, even though I am only gonna use this team in game and not competitively. But still, I finally made up my mind which moves Skuntank should have so thanks

7. koosbane

koosbane master breeder

Yeah, those other guys don't know what is up. its in game, they were talking semi-competitive.