• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Hisui Web Anime

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
WIT Studios is so goated
The entire episode was beautiful and well animated
So far, I like the storylines they are potentially setting up, just hope it goes somewhere
Sucks that it's so short though
This ep is more of a setup than anything, hope the series delivers!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Do people even have an interest in this anymore?
I lost interest once the episode length was revealed to be only 6 minutes long

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I really liked this episode! It was a bit short paced ^ I agree, but I also think it was more thematic moments then just wasting time, it gave a pause to almost reflect and wonder whats about to happen. Insanely impressed by the quality in this and I am very excited for the next episode although just like this one, I'll forget by the time it comes out lol.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The second episode was slightly better, but I still wouldn’t say that I’m overly impressed.. right now I’m debating abandoning ship, but then I also hate missing anything Pokémon-wise..

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The second episode was slightly better, but I still wouldn’t say that I’m overly impressed.. right now I’m debating abandoning ship, but then I also hate missing anything Pokémon-wise..
it doesn't come out often enough and theyre short so youll stay on the ship i know it :p

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yeah today's easily could have cut a lot of it. I know they're going for a languid worldbuilding but it feels like it was too slow. Is it normal for Zorua to know how to use medicinal leeks on humans? Was showing the canon characters it did going to serve a purpose or was it just to give us a time frame?

I feel like if they were going to take a long time, they could show us more of a flashback to establish some backstory with Alec's father. He seems an odd character.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah not feeling this web series
I was really rooting for it to be a limited series with proper full length episodes like Origins, but yeah the short length and short number of episodes really ruins any lore/story potential they could have done. It's pretty to look at and the animation is very good, but it feels underwhelming
Esp since Hisui is such a vast lore filled region, with so much storytelling potential, and it wasn't even adapted in the anime

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Telling its own story can easily work as well, even without involving any of the game characters (I doubt the ones we saw will have any impact). Heck, even in a three episode format. Tell us the story of a newcomer to the region, a Pearl member, and a Diamond member. Split it between them. It'd be a neat story about how the world is changing for everyone. As it stands we know nothing of Alec and we only have one episode left.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I'm happy it was twice as long as episode one...but not happy at the pacing.

We get it. Pokemon and Humans were enemies back then. You can tell that story better without trying to be slow and atmospheric at the cost of losing viewers' interest.

Don't try to act like Ghibli with a series of shorts instead of a movie.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The fact they wasted the best part of a minute on the kid looking at Zorua with tears in his eyes after he fell really bugged me. We get it, he’s injured and in pain.. move on with the story.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Some people can't really understand the decisions of certain scenes and don't accept that's how reality works.

Reminder that Alec was pretty much just about to give up when he was injured, left stranded on a small cliff, in an area with no people, with a Pokemon that he barely knew about, and his father thought he never wandered off too far. He was very, very afraid to die in the cold, until he got a bit of a second wind by at least helping the Zorua go.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Some people can't really understand the decisions of certain scenes and don't accept that's how reality works.
We understand it *in reality*. But in reality we don't need to concern ourselves with things like pacing and story structure.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Huh? What?