• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Hisui Web Anime

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Some people can't really understand the decisions of certain scenes and don't accept that's how reality works.
Reality? I had no idea we were watching reality.. We watched an episode of a Pokémon short that spent a whole tenth of the episode zoomed in on a crying face, which in all honesty was pointless and only served to pad out the runtime so that they write less of the episode..

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I loved it as the cute little story it was
But honestly didnt find it special at all
Would have rathered a different Hisui anime which explores more elements
Didnt like how they kept teasing things and kept them 'shadowy' without proper payoff

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
When was Cyllene part of the Security Corps? I know Zisu mentions something about her being a swordswoman at some point...

Eevee903

You are awesome!
People not liking this are just tasteless. Happy to see some more mature content from Pokémon, it was about time for them to realize not all the fans are 8.
They have done that for a while now with Generations and Evolutions. Maybe this is the path they should walk on when it comes to promoting new games?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
People not liking this are just tasteless. Happy to see some more mature content from Pokémon, it was about time for them to realize not all the fans are 8.

If this was meant to be more mature, then it would help if they’d have written a story that required someone above the age of ‘8’ to understand it..

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
It's not that mature. Tonally, it's different from what we usually get. It's slightly more realistic and less comedic. But it's a very simple story with basic characters, touching on themes we've seen in the franchise before. The animation and art style carry it.

The only one I really liked was the second one. That one felt less generic and had more of an emotional element to it, imo.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
What is the point of introducing a series based on a game and not use half of the introduced characters? Both in PLA and this web series, Hisui just cant win.

Yet, it cant be worse than Galar, who half of the Galarian Pokémon have to be introduced as stadium props in the M8.

Whatever happens in Gen 9, I hope the gen
will use the introduced new Pokémon. Gen 8 did a TERRIBLE job at giving these new Pokémon focus.