• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Idea

My last team was all fine and dandy, yet it didn't seem to live up to expectations. Here's one I've been sitting on for a few weeks now, and pardon me if some things seem odd, I'm reciting this from memory:

dpmfa468.png

(Modest) @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 SpDef / 6 HP
-Aura Sphere
-Nasty Plot
-Wish
-Air Slash

dpmfa467.png

(Modest) @ Choice Specs
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-???

dpmfa448.png

(Adamant) @ Choice Scarf [Steadfast]
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Close Combat
-Blaze Kick
-Crunch
-Stone Edge

dpmfa348.png

(Adamant) @ Choice Band
252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace/Brick Break
-Knock Off

dpmfa350.png

(Calm) @ Leftovers
252 SpDef / 252 SpAtk / 6 HP
-Surf
-Rest/Recover
-Hypnosis
-Ice Beam

dpmfa227.png

(Impish) @ Leftovers
252 Def / 252 Atk / 6 HP
-Drill Peck
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Stealth Rock

cfc-4-eva

My last team was all fine and dandy, yet it didn't seem to live up to expectations. Here's one I've been sitting on for a few weeks now, and pardon me if some things seem odd, I'm reciting this from memory:

dpmfa468.png

(Calm) @ Life Orb
/ 200 SpDef / 150 hp. rest in sp atk
-Aura Sphere
-Nasty Plot/ Thunder wave
-Wish
-Air Slash

dpmfa467.png

(Modest) @ Choice Specs
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Solarbeam/Focus blast

dpmfa448.png

(Adamant) @ Choice Scarf [Steadfast]
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Close Combat
-Blaze Kick
-Crunch
-Stone Edge

dpmfa348.png

(Adamant) @ Choice Band
150 Atk / 252 Def / 108 HP
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace/Brick Break
-Knock Off

dpmfa350.png

(Calm) @ Leftovers
252 SpDef / 252 SpAtk / 6 HP
-Surf
-Recover
-Hypnosis
-Ice Beam

dpmfa227.png

(Impish) @ Leftovers
252 Def / 252 Atk / 6 HP
-Drill Peck
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Stealth Rock

10charlimit

Shiny Seeker

Psychic Trainer
What's 10charlimit?

boxchan

there's a 10 character limit on posts, and some rates are just quotes with edits to the main team so you post "10charlimit" if you don't want to add anything else.

Overheat / HP ice or grass / Thunderbolt / Cross Chop magtar.
Mild.

10charlimit just means that you must post at least 10 characters in your post, excluding those in Tags and Quotes and such.

@cfc-4-eva: I agree with some of what you changed (Milotic, Magmortar) but as for Togekiss, why put so many EVs in HP? And for Armaldo same question?

cryotem

AshxMorrison?......
Skarm doesent need that many evs in attack. Oh and, take out spikes or stealth rock for roost. Without roost, skarm is just a punching bag with drill peck as its only option for attack.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
HP means you can take hits better, take Shuckle for example, its has beyond uber defenses yet it cant take hits that well because it has low HP, when it comes to walls HP is 1st then,why else would the Standard Blissey from the experts at smogon have 252 HP and 6 S. Def?

EDIT:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash

The ParaFlinching set will help you out more seeing how all ur pokes are all slow (excluding Luke), the Paralysis hax will help with that problem

Magmortar should be holding Choice Scarf and have Overheat > Flamethrower for the power and HP Ice for Dragons so it can hit fast and hard, its also sneaky since most dont use CS

Skarmory should be your lead poke, I know it fails to SpecsMence, Infernape and Gengar leads but you might get lucky enough to stop Metagross, Gyrados leads which you can wall and Phaze out, Spike > Stealth Rock, since if you can set 3 layers then you can get 25% of any switch-ins HP. Besides the others dont work too well as leads

Milotic works best w/ a Bold Nature imo an all S. Defensive Milo can easily be taken care of w/ a physical move, use the Sleep Talk set since that one can absorb statuses and abuse marvel scale better

Armaldo is a Rapid Spinner not an AOA sweeper, hes way too slow for that anyway, youll get hurt by Stealth Rock and Spikes yourself by keeping him like that, plus you dont need 3 pokes who are limited to 1 move only:

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Stealth Rock/ Toxic
Rapid Spin
X-Scissor
Stone Edge

And Skarm should have Spikes like i said

also walls need to have 252 HP in order to take hits well like i said, reverse the EVS on Milo (S. Atk for HP), Skarm (Atk for HP), and Togekiss (S. Atk for HP)

Last edited:

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
HP means you can take hits better, take Shuckle for example, its has beyond uber defenses yet it cant take hits that well because it has low HP, when it comes to walls HP is 1st then,why else would the Standard Blissey from the experts at smogon have 252 HP and 6 S. Def?

Aside from that, Togekiss is right up there with Gyarados as a good bulky sweeper, maybe even better. Once it paralyzes the opponent, it can wish and proceed to flinchhax to its heart's content.

HP means you can take hits better

Well yes, thanks for that, I know that. -_- But thanks, I just wanted to know why to put more HP EVs into Togekiss and Armaldo, I understand that they should last, but wouldn't something like a 252 SpAtk / 128 SpDef / 128 HP spread work for Togekiss just as well?

Aside from that I'm pretty okay with your choices on attacks, but I doubt I'll have HP on anyone, it's too tedious for me. Although If I get lucky or bored with Magmortar I'll try for it.