• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well since the old thread is long gone I thought it appropriate to start all over.

Today I got Planet Robobot as a present.

Anyway this is a general discussion of the Kirby series from the very first game to the most recent one and all future games.

Since today is Christmas I thought it appropriate to ask this question.

What is your favorite winter-themed level in the Kirby series?

I think the one in Amazing Mirror (name escapes me at the moment) is the one for me.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I LOVE Amazing Mirror, but a classic that I come back to again and again is Kirby Air Ride. It's a really fun game for Gamecube (can be played on Wii obviously) and it's one that I hardly see anyone talk about because they don't know it exists. It's a real shame because Air Ride is a gem!

Pokemon Power

I'm hoping that for the 25th anniversary, they remake Kirby 64 on the 3DS. Since they remade the NES game Kirby's Adventure on Game Boy Advance and the SNES game Kirby Super Star on Nintendo DS in the past, I figure they should keep the pattern going.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Well, considering they remade the N64 Legend of Zelda games, it is not out of the realm of possibility that they'll remake a few other N64 games for the 3DS, including Kirby 64.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd love to see a Kirby 64 remake (mainly to see what they could do with combos of newer abilities like Leaf and Water), but usually for a game to be remade there needs to be a lot of fan demand for it and I haven't seen anyone clamoring for a Kirby 64 remake (or any further Kirby remake for that matter). I don't think we're getting anything big for the 25th anniversary in general, we just had Planet Robobot and they probably won't have something major ready for next year. It'll probably be something more like Kirby's Dream Collection and either reuse assets from other Kirby games and/or consist of small minigames.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm currently playing kirby superstar ultra. It isn't as good as my fav snes game superstar but it's still really good and one of my fav ds games =)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Kirby tends to be a late adopter of consoles, like Pokémon, and major 3D titles tend to get released at the end of a console cycle, to send that console off with a nice comfy game. So it should take a lot of time(about two-three years), ignoring a possible anniversary (re)release, of course.

That said, I fully expect a mobile Kirby in the near future.

R_N

Man, not a lot of discussion here. It seems quiet.

Not a lot of kirby to talk about since its been about a year since Robobot

The 25th anniversary stuff is nice but its also basically japan only unless a game comes out of it later in the year

Pokemon Power

Not a lot of kirby to talk about since its been about a year since Robobot

The 25th anniversary stuff is nice but its also basically japan only unless a game comes out of it later in the year

There probably will be a Kirby game this year. Probably announced around E3, for the Switch.

R_N

There probably will be a Kirby game this year. Probably announced around E3, for the Switch.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a compilation. Yearly kirbs aren't uncommon, but usually they alternate between mainline & spin off (2014 was TD, 2015 was rainbow curse, 2016 was robobot, it extends backwards). And having a spin off for their 25th anniversary is probably not the best of ideas?

I could easily see a HD compilation with Return, Triple Deluxe and Robobot with some bonus anniversary features (timeline, concept artwork, etc), for example.

Pokemon Power

During today's Nintendo Direct, they revealed that a new Kirby 3DS game is in production. Plus like Triple Deluxe before it, the sub-games from Planet Robobot are getting Deluxe versions on the 3DS eShop. The one for Team Kirby Quest is out now.

Rakurai

I hope the last boss in Kirby Clash Deluxe is something a bit more...unexpected, because I was a little let down by it just being Landia EX in the original.

Going to take a loooooong time to get there without any micro transactions, though.

R_N

"Multiplayer Action game" is such a weird specification that still manages to be entirely too vague.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I'm curious what the new game is too. I'm also hoping Nintendo did not actually spoil the final boss of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.
I'm under the impression that it is Taranza, who has never even been a boss before. There better be more after him. I don't want a final boss spoiled.

Rakurai

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an EX version of him, but after all the nostalgia bombs they've been throwing lately, I'm hoping for something more interesting.

There is a lot of fanservice with the equipment already, though,
like a Dark Matter Blade set for Sword and Drawcia set for Beam.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Oh yeah, my brother and I had fun trying to figure out what the equipment silhouettes are.
We came to the conclusion that the rarity 9 hammer equipment might be Dark Mind themed. I Googled a few bosses I thought were possibilities and he seemed to match it the best. I'm curious to see if our guess is right since it's the only one so far that I'm not 100% sure on. I don't know how long it will take for me to unlock it, though.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm not really interested in the new kirby game. It looks like smash brothers with just kirby....