• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Can I dream of a vocal version of the Song of Supplication for the Mages' Morpho Knight fight? It feels like that was the 100% completion video we should have gotten a la The Noble Haltmann. :p

R_N

new update is out everywhere
three new panels, i presume one for each dream friend, instead of a single panel

Adeline's new levels are pretty involved, I liked them quite a bit. It also seemed like she had way more levels to herself than last wave, but I'm running on 2 month old memories. Apparently DMK's levels are even more involved.
I could not for the life of me tell what theme was remixed for morpho knight, but that arena is getting out of control and I'm really interested if this is building to anything special.

e: OK finding some videos with headphones makes it clear it is 02's theme. I couldn't make out the iconic part of it for whatever reason without them

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Adeline's new levels are pretty involved, I liked them quite a bit. It also seemed like she had way more levels to herself than last wave, but I'm running on 2 month old memories.
Do you know which levels in Kirby 64 they’re based on? Having that place with the path and the tree stump where Kirby battled a possessed Adeleine would be nice at least.

R_N

Do you know which levels in Kirby 64 they’re based on? Having that place with the path and the tree stump where Kirby battled a possessed Adeleine would be nice at least.
My knowledge of 64's levels isn't great, but one of her final levels is absolutely based on Shiver Star because those weird smiling machines and crushing platforms are in full swing. Sadly no remix of factory inspection to go with.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My knowledge of 64's levels isn't great, but one of her final levels is absolutely based on Shiver Star because those weird smiling machines and crushing platforms are in full swing. Sadly no remix of factory inspection to go with.
Something like this? That’s from Stage 4 of Shiver Star.
latest

R_N

Something like this? That’s from Stage 4 of Shiver Star.
latest
correct, except replace the factory aesthetic with jambastian aesthetic
she has several screens like this alongside some entirely new things, like a follow the paths paint puzzle, in her last stretch

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
correct, except replace the factory aesthetic with jambastian aesthetic
she has several screens like this alongside some entirely new things, like a follow the paths paint puzzle, in her last stretch
I believe the paint puzzle came from Stage 3 of Shiver Star and it looks like this.
hqdefault.jpg

Ambyssin

that arena is getting out of control and I'm really interested if this is building to anything special.
Call me crazy, but I swear the arena's new floor now looks like Dark Star. HAL is just teasing us at this point.

R_N

I believe the paint puzzle came from Stage 3 of Shiver Star and it looks like this.
hqdefault.jpg

I dont remember the stage at all, but if you press buttons (paint pictures) to reveal the proper path through a series of one way doors, then yes.
Call me crazy, but I swear the arena's new floor now looks like Dark Star. HAL is just teasing us at this point.
Apparently the Wave 1 pool looked like Hyper Zone
So I assume the third floor will resemble Another Dimension

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I dont remember the stage at all, but if you press buttons (paint pictures) to reveal the proper path through a series of one way doors, then yes.
I believe the one where Adeleine paints the fruit pictures is also in the same stage. Except these pictures are not coloured in.

R_N

Started playing with Dark Metaknight and yeah people are right, his levels are pretty involved. Split paths, double backs, etc. to capture the spirit of amazing mirror.
Pretty neat

Also, 3 new secret rooms were added to the single player...but I haven't seen any mention of changes to the other guest star levels. Which is weird since they said they would be "upgraded". I assume they're not talking about the secret rooms?

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I did a playthrough as Knuckle Joe and I don't think I saw any noticeable changes. I still had to do all the parts of levels I hate that most of the DLC characters have been skipping. Maybe next I should replay Dedede, Meta Knight, or Bandana Dee and see if anything happens.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn confirmed for the 3DS! It’s similar to the Wii version but it has additional content. No exact release date has been announced for it yet but it is scheduled to release in 2019.

Last edited:

R_N

Epic Yarn on 3DS is such a werid decsision. It's a very pretty game and the 3DS won't really do it justice.

That said, there was something interesting I noticed about the "Devlish" mode. It had a health star! Kirby took a hit and lost one fifth of his health

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That said, there was something interesting I noticed about the "Devlish" mode. It had a health star! Kirby took a hit and lost one fifth of his health
Well that's good at least because Kirby couldn't die in Kirby's Epic Yarn. It feels like the Extra Mode from the other Kirby games.

R_N

A few days of cryptic tweets about opening a path to Another Dimension have culminated in the (likely final) Wave 3 trailer being dropped for Star Allies

Magalor, Taranza & Susie as expected but a pleasant surprise is a new area as well! Not sure how long it goes for, but it seems at least a little meaty. Rooms where you swap into control of different characters, EX bosses and seemignly some story content.
The very end of hte video also has the 3 mages join the crew of Dream Friends, though no gameplay was shown.

Ambyssin

The Japanese Twitter showed that it's called "Another Dimension Heroes" and has its own start screen... it is a good a proper mode. I suppose one could theorize it's the true EX Mode? In any case, it looks like part of the mode sees you hunting down specialized friend hearts by solving puzzles and completing challenges. The HUD in this mode has a heart counter, so it looks like each area will likely have a set number to be collected.

My big question is how many EX bosses will we get? I'd like to see as many as possible... especially if it means getting a secret secret difficulty added to The Ultimate Choice. Also sounds like this mode will give us new music, which is always a welcome sight. As far as the Dream Friends' custom themes go, I'd prefer it if we didn't get medleys this time around. There are three pretty obvious choices: CROWNED for Magolor, Master of Puppetry for Taranza, The Noble Haltmann for Susie. I fully admit I'm biased and just want another CROWNED remix after Rainbow Curse. ^^;

Release date was listed as November 30th on the Twitter account, so time to start counting down the days! At least I'll have Spyro Reignited to hold me over until then.

EDIT: upon closer inspection, sounded like the remix of the boss theme at the end of the trailer... lapses into Masked Dedede's Theme. Because of course it does. That's, like, the seventh remix since Triple Deluxe came out? XD

Last edited:

R_N

The Japanese Twitter showed that it's called "Another Dimension Heroes" and has its own start screen... it is a good a proper mode. I suppose one could theorize it's the true EX Mode? In any case, it looks like part of the mode sees you hunting down specialized friend hearts by solving puzzles and completing challenges. The HUD in this mode has a heart counter, so it looks like each area will likely have a set number to be collected.

My big question is how many EX bosses will we get? I'd like to see as many as possible... especially if it means getting a secret secret difficulty added to The Ultimate Choice. Also sounds like this mode will give us new music, which is always a welcome sight. As far as the Dream Friends' custom themes go, I'd prefer it if we didn't get medleys this time around. There are three pretty obvious choices: CROWNED for Magolor, Master of Puppetry for Taranza, The Noble Haltmann for Susie. I fully admit I'm biased and just want another CROWNED remix after Rainbow Curse. ^^;

Release date was listed as November 30th on the Twitter account, so time to start counting down the days! At least I'll have Spyro Reignited to hold me over until then.
I'd be surprised if we didn't get EX variants of at least the "base" bosses. So maybe not Yggy Woods or Goldon/Silfox...probably not Morpho Knight either, bet he stays in Guest STar.
But Pon/Con, Meta Knight, Void Termina (perhaps with a new form?) and maybe even Grand Mam seem like safe bets.

Not sure about Hyness, though. We don't see him anywhere in the footage with the mages, so maybe this dimension had them take care of him? Could go either way.

by the way the bosses are also labeled like "Another ____" apparently. Makes sense. I could see the localization simplifying things to ____ AD (Another Dimension).

Ambyssin

I'd be surprised if we didn't get EX variants of at least the "base" bosses. So maybe not Yggy Woods or Goldon/Silfox...probably not Morpho Knight either, bet he stays in Guest STar.
But Pon/Con, Meta Knight, Void Termina (perhaps with a new form?) and maybe even Grand Mam seem like safe bets.
Right, yeah, that's what I meant. I expect the minibosses to show up, even if they do already have palette-swapped "deep space" versions. I'd love to see another Void Termina, but I get the feeling that the Mage triple-team boss will be the finale. It takes place in a pretty, uh, Final Destination-y location, based on the screenshot. Though Hyness could certainly crash the party and do something nuts. I always wondered what a fight would be like with him where he turns the Friend Star ability on you instead of the Friend Circle...

by the way the bosses are also labeled like "Another ____" apparently. Makes sense. I could see the localization simplifying things to ____ AD (Another Dimension).
Right, EX boss is just my go-to default. I doubt they'd shorten it to AD given that could unintentionally generate anger. Since the whole BCE vs. AD debate with regards to calendar years has religious connotations and I know Nintendo's not about that. They'll probably do "Another [boss]" or "Alternate [boss]."

R_N

Right, yeah, that's what I meant. I expect the minibosses to show up, even if they do already have palette-swapped "deep space" versions. I'd love to see another Void Termina, but I get the feeling that the Mage triple-team boss will be the finale. It takes place in a pretty, uh, Final Destination-y location, based on the screenshot. Though Hyness could certainly crash the party and do something nuts. I always wondered what a fight would be like with him where he turns the Friend Star ability on you instead of the Friend Circle...

Right, EX boss is just my go-to default. I doubt they'd shorten it to AD given that could unintentionally generate anger. Since the whole BCE vs. AD debate with regards to calendar years has religious connotations and I know Nintendo's not about that. They'll probably do "Another [boss]" or "Alternate [boss]."
I think Void Termina will still be the finale. The (japanese twitter only) lead up to this was talking about Hyness opening Another Dimension to find a piece
https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1060003938173210624
This has yet to be fully understood. As written in certain books, there is a possibility that a fractured vessel of our god might cross over a road from that other world, though unknown…
That the space along this road was once called as such:
“Another Dimension”.
The image looks to depict that mass that void termina appers as before taking the giant's form.

Another interesting translation (courtsey of this good tumblr user https://kirbypost-generator.tumblr.com/ )
tumblr_inline_phuvjfEDa61sis59g_1280.png

Their epitaph is "Avenging survivors"

and the first thing they say is "“Finally, the time to settle an old score has come.“"