• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Honestly if they're nostalgia-servicing then the final boss is clearly
Nightmare

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm not really interested in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe either, it wasn't really that fun in Planet Robobot so I won't be bothering with the expanded version. I did like 3D Rumble though, so I'll definitely be getting Blowout Blast. Great to see them doing more with that gameplay style and expanding on this with larger and longer levels, hopefully this means they're building up to a full scale 3D Kirby game sometime in the future. It's astounding how in 25 years this series has never had a proper 3D game.

As for the mystery game, again, I wouldn't expect much. We just had a big Kirby game last year, and now they're expanding on two of its mini games. All of that plus BYE-BYE BOXBOY and another full scale Kirby game seems like too much for HAL.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Honestly if they're nostalgia-servicing then the final boss is clearly
Nightmare

Turns out they decided to go for a double dose of nostalgia by reviving Shadow Dedede from Triple Deluxe...except this time he's fused with/possessed by Dark Mind to create what's probably the most nightmarish incarnation of the king to date.

Last edited:

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Does anyone know what it means if a Kirby is sparkling? One of the adventurer's I've summoned is like that. I don't think he's wearing anything special...

R_N

Does anyone know what it means if a Kirby is sparkling? One of the adventurer's I've summoned is like that. I don't think he's wearing anything special...

when you beat
Taranza, you unlock the ability to forget DX equipment. It's normal equipment, but it sparkles, I believe

Rakurai

It's silly how overpowered Beam's time stop feels once you get one of the sets with high charge speed bonuses.

However, it seems like it's practically required for the "Beat in under X seconds" challenges for most of the bosses, as many of them waste so much time with their background attacks that you simply can't afford to ever let them use them at all.

That and the true final boss is OP in its own right and can OHKO with almost all of its attacks even if you're using the best equipment, meaning it needs to be kept stopped as much as possible if you don't want the AI to be dead weight.

R_N

Only issue I have with time stop is even with the high charge equips, it can be difficult to charge it in time before a boss does something awful. Grand Doomer in particular is a giant pain, because it can at any moment rise JUST above its radius. Blocky's a pain too, it can turn invinicible at any time.

Beam in general is pretty great though, it even has pretty good DPS with the running jump attack; you can even do it twice in a row without touching the ground.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've been rolling with Sword since I'm running through the game with my brother who's using Beam to make the most of the advantages both roles provide. AI Healer + secondary of the party leader is usually okay enough but having competent Time Beam and shield use has helped a lot as is, not to mention upgrading equipment without needing to focus on upgrading multiple roles a ton. Now that I've been going through some of the tougher enemies it's becoming more apparent how annoying the AI can get otherwise, namely when they waddle around you trying to revive you but taking 5 seconds before doing so. The 1.5x EXP boost is also great, needless to say.

R_N

Seeing the AIs fidgit back and forth is always fun. It's like you can see them trying to resolve their priority algorithms in real time!

btw a pro tip: healer's best gear is the 7th rarity set. The charge boost it gives is obscene meaning even the AI will be shooting off the full heals in short order.

Genos

TTYD
As for the mystery game, again, I wouldn't expect much. We just had a big Kirby game last year, and now they're expanding on two of its mini games. All of that plus BYE-BYE BOXBOY and another full scale Kirby game seems like too much for HAL.
It's an multiplayer action game, it won't be that big. Though I have hopes for it.

I know there will be a Kirby game for the Switch. Question is will it be a main or spin-off title.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
People would be all-in on a fighting game with different characters anyway.

DDD and MK are one thing, but now they finally have a pseudo #WaddleDeeForSmashBros victory. Then there's similar-sized antagonists from recent games like Galacta Knight, Magolor, Taranza, and Susie, allies in Prince Fluff, then potential HSQ characters like Dark Meta Knight, Shadow Kirby, Adeleine, Drawcia, etc.

That alone would get interest piqued.

R_N

I was going to say since its the 25th anniversary, I hope they go all out in gathering characters from all over the kirby series but I guess that's kind of redundant because the current creators love referencing like every game in some fashion. Like obviously there's a lot of Return to Dreamland bias since they're all same engine, but old bosses/characters, abilities, music, and side things like the keychains and stickers. It's nice rather than say I don't know, focusing on the first game and literally nothing else.

KFD, if nothing else, went out of its way to include stuff from Kirby's Adventure, Nightmare in Dreamland, Super Star, Dream Land 3 (including the first appearence of Rick, Coo & Kine in 3D outside the stone transformations in 64) & Kirby's Air Ride. A retail fighting game title would ideally let them go even further

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I've been rolling with Sword since I'm running through the game with my brother who's using Beam to make the most of the advantages both roles provide. AI Healer + secondary of the party leader is usually okay enough but having competent Time Beam and shield use has helped a lot as is, not to mention upgrading equipment without needing to focus on upgrading multiple roles a ton. Now that I've been going through some of the tougher enemies it's becoming more apparent how annoying the AI can get otherwise, namely when they waddle around you trying to revive you but taking 5 seconds before doing so. The 1.5x EXP boost is also great, needless to say.
Ah, I wish my old 3DS wasn't waiting for me to get a new battery. Then my brother and I could play it together instead of taking turns!
It's nice rather than say I don't know, focusing on the first game and literally nothing else.
There would be a surprising amount of things missing if they ever did that. For example, Copy Abilities and Meta Knight were not in the first game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
A Kirby Smash wouldn't be so bad an idea, they do have a sizeable amount of characters to play as (especially villains). Wouldn't mind playing as Magolor or Susie.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
A Kirby Smash wouldn't be so bad an idea, they do have a sizeable amount of characters to play as (especially villains). Wouldn't mind playing as Magolor or Susie.

Now that sounds more fun than Kirby Fighters/Kirby Fighters Deluxe. I have Kirby Fighters Deluxe on my old 3DS, but I can't play it since I need to get a new battery...

R_N

Ah, I wish my old 3DS wasn't waiting for me to get a new battery. Then my brother and I could play it together instead of taking turns!

There would be a surprising amount of things missing if they ever did that. For example, Copy Abilities and Meta Knight were not in the first game.

I'm just bitter at Pokemon & Fire Emblem's continued insistence on referencing the first of their series' over almost everything else. FE at least balances it a little better since Awakening saved the series it gets a lot of play and Fates probably will moving forward.
So don't mind me in that regard.

But I really appreciate how kirby for the past what 6 years has made a show of celebrating the entire series in assorted ways while also doing its own new thing for whatever game. Or taking old things and totally transforming them (Robobot's final boss, for instance). It's a nice balance!