• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Houka

I didn't know blast was available yet, I don't think they ever said a release date (Beside sometime in Summer).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Guys, no one would believe that Kirby was diagnosed with stomach cancer, even if they posted the article here. I find it kind of funny that we are pointed out the Onion logo more than the actual article.

Whatever...

I'm looking forward to the new teammate Kirby game. Return to Dreamland was really fun, and this one seems good with its new twist.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I didn't know blast was available yet, I don't think they ever said a release date (Beside sometime in Summer).

Yeah, that's what's curious, no one is talking about Blowout Blast. There's only been a handful of reviews and no one's really discussing it online (although the latter I can't really blame because the game just isn't that noteworthy). What the hell's happening?

R_N

Yeah, that's what's curious, no one is talking about Blowout Blast. There's only been a handful of reviews and no one's really discussing it online (although the latter I can't really blame because the game just isn't that noteworthy). What the hell's happening?

Short (even for kirby standards) score-attack based eshop title released with little fanfare. Not everything makes waves. Drum Dash DX didn't really either, honestly.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Short (even for kirby standards) score-attack based eshop title released with little fanfare. Not everything makes waves. Drum Dash DX didn't really either, honestly.

Yeah, but a lot of gaming sites don't even have reviews for it, which is curious since it's been out everywhere for a week. Most gaming sites should have at least that much by now.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
it's not like Nintendo could send out review copies early for a digital game

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I wanna comment on the new Kirby game coming for the Nintendo Switch.

HAL is really bringing back old features for it. Such as combining two abilities from Crystal Shards. This was a thing in Squeak Squad but just the swords. Next is having enemy AIs as partners from SuperStar (I always wanted this feature to return in future Kirby main games). Not to mention having 3 AI partners was originally going to be in that cancelled Kirby game for the Gamecube back in E3 2005. I'm glad they remember it since the Switch has much more CPU to handle it.

So yeah I'm excited for the Switch game. I hope the game comes out in the first half of 2018!

Rakurai

I feel like this thread needs some life now that the Star Allies demo is out.

The game is wonderful both visually and gameplay-wise. My only gripe is that they very much intended for you to constantly have a team of helpers around, and they're totally overkill both in levels and boss fights, as the enemy density/durability isn't any different from a typical Kirby game, so anything that shows up is going to get wiped out almost immediately, and the two bosses in the demo can be floored in under 30 seconds even if you're playing solo (They also apparently don't have defense scaling based on the number of players like Return to Dreamland did, either).

However, with the datamine making mention of
both a helper-focused speedrun mode along the lines of Dededetour and Meta Knightmare Returns from the 3DS and an improved Arena-esque mode with several difficulties (The toughest being called "Soul Melter"), I don't think the game will be lacking in challenge in the end.

The bosses all apparently have three versions as opposed to just normal and EX this time around, too.

R_N

The bosses also have weaknesses to help them go down faster which, honestly, I'm fine with?
So the rtd, td and robobot bosses were all great but they definitely got long in the tooth. Robobot took this to sheer extremes...honestly that final boss was entirely too long.

So short but sweet bosses are a-ok.

Coolest thing from the datamine is
You can unlock Dedede, Metaknight & Bandanna Dee (With a spear moveset, dont know why they didnt just go ahead & bring that back) for use in it

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My only real problem with the demo is how slow and clunky Kirby feels, which I think is because it's only running at 30 fps. Otherwise seems like a pretty good game. Probably not going to be a favorite of mine, but it's serviceable.

Rakurai

Robobot's final boss did drag on.

It's largely because of the fact that most of your damage comes from absorbing the boss' attacks, which means there's very little you can do to speed up the fight overall, unlike the shooter boss in Return to Dreamland where mashing hard enough for charged shot spamming can let you take it out in seconds.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Man, this is going to be the most loaded Kirby game ever. King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee, Animal Buddies, and Marx? Are they literally going to stuff every Kirby character in this game?

Susie next plz.

R_N

Robobot's final boss did drag on.

It's largely because of the fact that most of your damage comes from absorbing the boss' attacks, which means there's very little you can do to speed up the fight overall, unlike the shooter boss in Return to Dreamland where mashing hard enough for charged shot spamming can let you take it out in seconds.

also it was like 6 phases for no good reason. I mean one hell of a spectacle but the final boss literally takes half to 3quarters of your total arena time

Also they announced post-launch free dlc support adding more characters to star allies which is very cool. The first batch will be Rick, Coo, Kine, Marx & Gooey. If they do at least 2 more batches of 5 I can see themdoing something like:
-Dreamland 3 buddies, Adeline (Artist), Daroach
-Prince Fluff, Magolor, Landia (well, maybe), Taranza (Spider), Suzie
Maybe Dark Metaknight somewhere in there as amazing mirror representation. And maybe Drawcia (or Claycia?) if they dont do Adeline. The Kirby 64 rep could be someone like Ribbon instead, that'd be cool too.
especially since unfinished maglor is in the demo's datamine. no model, but there are references for him

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Forgot about Daroach. Yeah, he would be cool too. Although I think if they include Daroach they'd also include Storo, Spinni, and Doc too.

R_N

Forgot about Daroach. Yeah, he would be cool too. Although I think if they include Daroach they'd also include Storo, Spinni, and Doc too.

I think they'll stick to notable characters, especially if the game wasn't super loved. Or at the very least not give 4 characters to Squeak Squad. That said, since they're also giving original move sets I could see Daroach summon Spinni & Doc (Storo idk, he's kind of big but maybe shrink him down to bonkers or bugzy size?) as part of his moveset. Sort of like how Clean references all the animal buddies.

e: Also hah, didn't notice that the DL2 animals are acting as "one" character. Though it seems like you actually switch between the 3 of them? And there's a point where you can ride Rick and that's super cool

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Man, this is going to be the most loaded Kirby game ever. King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee, Animal Buddies, and Marx? Are they literally going to stuff every Kirby character in this game?

Susie next plz.

If so, I'm hoping for Ribbon from Kirby 64. I think she'd be a good character with her flying capabilities.

Rakurai

I'm hoping they'll have Landia as a dream helper eventually with a Wing/Fire-inspired moveset.

With the four-player gameplay and piggyback function, it would feel only natural to have them around.

R_N

I'm hoping they'll have Landia as a dream helper eventually with a Wing/Fire-inspired moveset.

With the four-player gameplay and piggyback function, it would feel only natural to have them around.

If they stick to 1 helper per game (except adventure and DL1 it seems) then it will probably just be magolor

Real question is if they acknowledge any spinoffs and how they consider canvas and rainbow curse