• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe why Kirby 64 sold so well on its first week was because one selling point of the game was the combination Copy Abilities and it was the first game to feature those Abilities.

Rakurai

Finished Soul Melter for the first time using Water earlier in 15:32 (Because Driblee is my favorite helper).

Probably could get sub-15 minutes if I handled the shooter phases of the final boss better.

Rakurai

The only move he hasn't been shown using now is my personal favorite, the mouth laser.

Hopefully it's tied to the fire or ice element so he can be truly complete.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
They kept all of Marx's demented facial expressions. I love it. Now, where are Adeleine and Magolor?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I guess Morpho Knight will also be replaced later due to power creep. Galacta Knight survived 10 years, so I guess Morpho Knight will be similar.
I hope they have some proper expansions to Star Allies besides DLC characters in the future, because we are unlikely to get a new main-line Kirby until 2020 the earliest. While I wouldn't mind another spin-off, remake or "Curse" game, the game certainly feel underwhelming in regards to sub-games and alternate modes.

R_N

DLC's always possible but they'll probably just do another spin off game in the mean time. They seem content with the free helpers for now. Maybe the friend update will have some fun stuff to datamine though?

Also apparently sometimes you can see Ripple Star float by in the background of the final world, that's pretty cute.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I guess Morpho Knight will also be replaced later due to power creep. Galacta Knight survived 10 years, so I guess Morpho Knight will be similar.
I hope they have some proper expansions to Star Allies besides DLC characters in the future, because we are unlikely to get a new main-line Kirby until 2020 the earliest. While I wouldn't mind another spin-off, remake or "Curse" game, the game certainly feel underwhelming in regards to sub-games and alternate modes.

I feel like if they do level pack DLC it would feel like a case of charging extra money for things that should've been in the game to begin with. Nintendo's been pretty careful not to implement that kind of DLC in their games, so this would probably cause an uproar. Although that's more because the base package is underwhelming, but still.

R_N

I feel like if they do level pack DLC it would feel like a case of charging extra money for things that should've been in the game to begin with. Nintendo's been pretty careful not to implement that kind of DLC in their games, so this would probably cause an uproar. Although that's more because the base package is underwhelming, but still.
how much of an uproar would probably depend on how much is added and for what price

Pokemon Power

I just thought of something. Do you think it's possible for them to add characters from the anime as Dream Friends? They put Escargoon in Triple Deluxe, after all.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Escargoon appeared in Mass Attack's Kirby Quest sub-game, alongside Chef Shiitake and Max Flexer, not Triple Deluxe. But largely speaking, no, though Lololo and Lalala could appear.

R_N

I think they're going to stick to just mainline kirby stuff, so no one from spin offs or the anime or anything. It works out a little too nicely that you can have 2 more batches of 3 when you exclude things like canvas curse or epic yarn.

incidentally, treehouse put up a post for Marx https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/172311916667/kirby-star-allies-patch-part-iii-marx
Thought this was interesting
P.S. When playing as these new Dream Friends, a certain mode might have changes

P.P.S. Additionally, there are some new stone transformations, try turning them to see some amazing details
Guessing there will be some slight layout/puzzle changes to the extra mode to accommodate their skill sets?
Adding new stone transformations is also nice

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
how much of an uproar would probably depend on how much is added and for what price

Eh, to some degree it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. If there's a large amount of content for anything more than free (which it almost certainly will be), it'll be seen as something that should've been in the game to begin with. If it's not a lot of content, it'll be seen as not enough. They could still limit the damage, but because the base package is seen as unsatisfactory, the value's already been ruined to some degree.

R_N

Update is live, apparently they did add new level bits to the extra mode if you use the characters. Not sure if they're just little puzzle rooms or new actual chunks of level.
They also added a new puzzle and some new songs to go with, though I haven't checked them out yet.

Rakurai

The bits of level exclusive to the new Dream Friends are oft based on portions of the games they hail from. For Marx, at least, I noticed the portion of Dyna Blade's first level where Chef Kawasaki makes his first appearance and the two windy sections of Halfmoon.

As far as the friends themselves go, Marx (Somewhat unsurprisingly) is rather broken, as his Ultima Dive/Shadow Uppercut combo does a ridiculous amount of damage while remaining invincible the entire way through, which makes him a good choice for cheesing Soul Melter if you haven't finished it yet. He's definitely the most fun to play as by virtue of having more then twice the number of attacks as the other friends, though his ball moves feel like a novelty because of how good his aerial moves are. Amusingly, while he lacks his mouth laser as a standard move, if you play multiplayer and have him participate in a piggyback attack, he'll least make the appropriate expression while firing that laser instead.

Gooey is my second favorite, because his moveset, while not as big as Marx's still covers all of the bases so you never end up in situations where you feel at a loss as to what to do. You have get up in a boss' grill and spam Stone right next to them to do maximum damage, though.

Rick/Kine/Coo are fun to use in levels as they're basically designed to be able to traverse their respective domains quickly (Rick in particular flies up walls at speeds unrivaled by any other ability/helper with his wall jumps). However, they feel a bit...lacking when to comes to dealing with bosses, as none of their moves are particularly powerful and their two attacks with invincibility can't be spammed as easily as those of other abilities, which makes timing more of an issue for them.

Last edited:

R_N

Yeah Marx is genuinely impressive. They really made you feel like you're controlling a final boss, he's insane.

There's a few other changes as well. The other 3 dream friends now have their own music stings when selecting them (& I think now make special grunts), the very final level's final bit was updated to include all the dream friends, stone now has statues for the DL2 trio, Gooey & Marx, there's new main menu animations and
Morpho knight, when specifically fought as one of the new dream friends in guest star mode & the arena, will change out the music to all new remixes of Vs Marx, Hyper Zone 1 and......uh....whatever DL2 has. I've heard the song but I don't know DL2's soundtrack off the top of my head.

Hopefully that keeps up, I'd love new remixes for whatever the other games bring in.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Okay, wow. Marx is hilariously fun to play as. I just went through level 1 of The Ultimate Choice to test his moves (as I heard they required a bit more finesse) and I was shocked to learn the Black Hole of Doom is a chargeable attack that you can use as many times as you want. To the best of my knowledge, it gives you invincibility frames for the whole attack, too. I used it twice on Meta Knight and he couldn't do a thing to me. And if you spam his spit up attack while airborne, he pretty much controls like UFO Kirby. Gotta try out Soul Melter and see if I can break it and get a crazy score.

This just makes me all the more anxious to get Magolor and Taranza. They're my favorites of the characters eveyone's speculating to be in, and I'd love to see what HAL could do to them. Pretty please, HAL. :3

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Speaking of filler games, I wonder if they might do a remake of Kirby 64 using Star Allies' assets? I mean think about it, Star Allies already has a combo system and several of the same abilities as Kirby 64, they could whip one together quickly and easily. Maybe throw in some extra abilities while they're at it like Water or Leaf (I know Leaf wasn't in Star Allies, but it probably wouldn't be too hard for them to include it).