• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Speaking of filler games, I wonder if they might do a remake of Kirby 64 using Star Allies' assets? I mean think about it, Star Allies already has a combo system and several of the same abilities as Kirby 64, they could whip one together quickly and easily. Maybe throw in some extra abilities while they're at it like Water or Leaf (I know Leaf wasn't in Star Allies, but it probably wouldn't be too hard for them to include it).
Well in past remakes, Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby Super Star Ultra, these games feature all abilities from their originals, Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star, without any new Abilities although some Abilities have been renamed since the release of their originals e.g. Fireball into Burning. Because of that, if there is a Kirby 64 remake for the Switch, I doubt that it will feature any Abilities outside of what was in the game although Kirby could be given Ability hats for his Abilities and possibly even his Combo Abilities.

R_N

Speaking of filler games, I wonder if they might do a remake of Kirby 64 using Star Allies' assets? I mean think about it, Star Allies already has a combo system and several of the same abilities as Kirby 64, they could whip one together quickly and easily. Maybe throw in some extra abilities while they're at it like Water or Leaf (I know Leaf wasn't in Star Allies, but it probably wouldn't be too hard for them to include it).
Kirby 64 wouldn't be as easy an asset flip as you think and the combo systems are entirely different. Star Allies is more like squeak squad but better thought out: you apply an element to the ability and it has some changes to accomodate it (ie: marx's balls will leave water puddles, burst into flame, or go flying) that goes through msot of the moveset, but is still overall the same ability.
Kirby 64 power mixing took 2 one-usage abilities and made an entirely different ability.

I think if they do any remake as a filler game it'd be one of return to dreamland, triple deluxe or robobot. They share more assets to begin with and it's probably, comparatively, easier to take what unique assets they had and spruce them up so they look nice in the new engine.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Those would be more HD remasters/ports than true remakes though. While I can see Triple Deluxe and Robobot getting Ultra treatment, RttD would like tons stuff added in to be any relevant since it is virtually identical to Star Allies content-wise.

R_N

^Those would be more HD remasters/ports than true remakes though. While I can see Triple Deluxe and Robobot getting Ultra treatment, RttD would like tons stuff added in to be any relevant since it is virtually identical to Star Allies content-wise.
yes sorry i meant remasters not remake. had remake on the brain

I guess to put it another way, I don't think at this point a remake would be filler even if they could reuse some assets here and there. Just feels it'd require more effort that is thought
I was going to float by a full remaster collection of RTD/TD/RB but even that might take more effort than I think depending on the number of assets and how easy/not easy it is to make them look nice.

in 4 years they should release Dream Collection again but this time just throw everything in there

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
IDK that I would buy a remaster of the three most recent main series games. I enjoyed some of them (except Triple Deluxe, which I didn't play because it just didn't do enough different to interest me), but IDK that I would pay another $60 to replay them unless they added something major to those games that completely changes the experience. Which they probably won't.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Perhaps the 30th Anniversary will bring us Kirby's Dreamier Collection... with all the original Dream Collection games and the Return quadrilogy?

R_N

Perhaps the 30th Anniversary will bring us Kirby's Dreamier Collection... with all the original Dream Collection games and the Return quadrilogy?
Return through Robobot probably would, yeah. No reason not to. The second screen isn't as big an issue since there was clearly no qualms about putting DS games on Wii U. Just put a nice border up there and shove the second screen to the corner for if you want to use an item or a gimmick or w/e. They could add Squeak Squad too.

Suppose the only main line Kirby they wouldn't bother with would be Amazing Mirror. Probably since they'd want to include the multiplayer and that'd be a bit awkward even with the switch.
.....the collection never came to europe? weird.

Ambyssin

^True. Alternatively, they could just designate a button to let you use your item. Since, really, that's about all the bottom screen was good for in Triple Deluxe and Robobot.

Ambyssin

What about Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad?
I mean, I'd like to see them included (or remade). Problem is that HAL didn't actually develop either of them, a now-defunct Capcom subsidiary did (and Dimps did the music for Amazing Mirror). And I have no idea if that would mean that HAL and/or Nintendo would need to shell out some sort of royalty payment. My guess is no, since Amazing Mirror basically got two stealth sequels in Triple Deluxe in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. But I'm no game dev or industry expert.

R_N

I mean, I'd like to see them included (or remade). Problem is that HAL didn't actually develop either of them, a now-defunct Capcom subsidiary did (and Dimps did the music for Amazing Mirror). And I have no idea if that would mean that HAL and/or Nintendo would need to shell out some sort of royalty payment. My guess is no, since Amazing Mirror basically got two stealth sequels in Triple Deluxe in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. But I'm no game dev or industry expert.
Flaghip doesn't matter, Nintendo (HAL, whatever) owns the games. It's why there were no issues putting squeak squad on wii u or amazing mirror as the ambassador game.

Amazing Mirror probably wasn't put on because of the heavy multiplayer aspect. Squeak Squad probably because of the second screen and probably not wanting something awkward like that in there.
Amazing Mirror sans multiplayer was done as an ambassador title and SS was put on Wii U, so they're probably more okay with it these days. Though, maybe not amazing mirror...it never went on wii u VC.

I feel like there's always a lot of confusion about this when extra developers get involved and I put the blame solely on SMRPG which at this point feels more like an outlier than anything else.

Rakurai

Thanks to dataminers, it seems there's a fairly high chance we'll be getting

Hyness as a dream friend in the future, since pallete-swapped models for his multiplayer colors already exist in the game.

I, for one, eagerly welcome our insane big-nosed overlord. Hopefully the three Mage Generals will come along with him.

R_N

Thanks to dataminers, it seems there's a fairly high chance we'll be getting

Hyness as a dream friend in the future, since pallete-swapped models for his multiplayer colors already exist in the game.

I, for one, eagerly welcome our insane big-nosed overlord. Hopefully the three Mage Generals will come along with him.
Found the tweet
spoiler,s obviously!
https://twitter.com/Fruib_/status/984628057288986625

Also from the same dude, he ripped the Ripple Star cameo you can see in the final world's background
DaoSHz9XcAIUvIP.png

adorable!

Incidentally, Taranza's clash deluxe boss theme is also in the game, unused for now.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Actually I suspect he will be in later wave.

R_N

^Actually I suspect he will be in later wave.
I'm doubtful
the dlc characters are literally listed in the game as DLC2____ and DLC3___
DLC3 is the only one that breaks that pattern, giving it a fourth character. That seems like something you'd do for the last wave, especially since it's the "star allies" representative. It's also strange that none of the mages have their alternate colors, but Hyness does despite having no listing where they found these ones.
I just keep thinking of Hyness' boss fight where he used the Three Mages as weapons. or if he was just sort of in the background puppeteering a mage at a time, something like that.

But we'll see, wave 2 I bet comes out this month and there might be more extra data that clarifies their plans. I wouldn't object to a "spin off" wave or a "runner up" type wave + Hyness to wrap things up, certainly!

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I don't have the money for new kirby games right now and i don't want to risk switching games in my 2ds handheld just yet since it gets extremely glitchy :/

But I used to be extremely into Kirby when I was 17-18 years old. He was even all I liked, pretty much, kinda like korrina, at times xD I used to have kirby related daydreams, too, and I collected emulated versions of all the classic kirby games. Bummer the computer they were all on broke down years ago.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I love the Kirby series and Star Allies is definitely in the top five best Kirby games. All the games are great but if I had to choose which ones were the weakest, I’d have to say Squeak Squad because the whole keeping chests until the end of the level gimmick was not handled that well and Mass Attack because of how hard it was to keep moving the stylus fast enough to get some medals. My hand got some pretty bad cramps from attempting to get enough medals to fight the Volcano level boss which i never was able to do even after four months of trying.