• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
oh man i just realized we're absolutely getting a 02 remix for morpho knight

summer update cant come soon enough
Well that’s cool at least. Because Adeleine paints healing items and 1UPs in Kirby 64 maybe there’s a chance she paints these as well as puzzle pieces.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Coulda sworn a placeholder for a Miracle Matter remix was found in the sound files, so that would be the Morpho Knight song.

R_N

Coulda sworn a placeholder for a Miracle Matter remix was found in the sound files, so that would be the Morpho Knight song.
I don't recall any placeholder songs being found, aside from Taranza's battle theme being in the game.
iirc there's some stuff for stages, the character place holders and some other stuff like hyness' colors but no music. But I haven't kept up with the datamine scene and tcrf is super slow to update sometimes

Anyway, the update is coming on the 27th this month and the (japanese) site updated with some extra stuff
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/ah26a/pc/dreamfriends/index.html

DhZAM7MW0AA-uFp.jpg

Daroach does indeed summon the rest of the squad. also the chest is new...

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Anyway, the update is coming on the 27th this month and the (japanese) site updated with some extra stuff
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/ah26a/pc/dreamfriends/index.html

DhZAM7MW0AA-uFp.jpg

Daroach does indeed summon the rest of the squad. also the chest is new...

I'm curious as to why Kirby would be holding a treasure chest from Kirby Squeak Squad. It looks like he's running away from the Squeaks (I'm trying to remember what the game called the group) but since Daroach is player 2, that can't be what's going on.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm pretty happy that Ribbon was included. I also only expected Adeleine.
Yeah me too. Using a painting of a Batamon to showcase one of Adeleine’s attacks was also unexpected and neat. The caption certainly hinted that based on Batamon’s similarities with Kirby.

R_N

I'm curious as to why Kirby would be holding a treasure chest from Kirby Squeak Squad. It looks like he's running away from the Squeaks (I'm trying to remember what the game called the group) but since Daroach is player 2, that can't be what's going on.
It's probably meant to appear like he's being chased, to represent their behavior in the original game.

I've seen it suggested that one of daroach's move is to summon the chest, and then the squaks chase after it. So you could pick it up & get them to move around the screen that way

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So, since the DLC remixes all seem to incorporate final boss themes from the Dream Friends' respective games, my predictions as far as remixes are...

Daroach: Dark Nebula/Squeak Squad mash-up (kind of like the Animal Buddies/Dark Matter medley)
Adeleine & Ribbon: 02
Dark Meta Knight: Dark Mind
Magolor: CROWNED
Taranza: Moonstruck Blossom/Master of Puppetry mash-up
Susie: PROGRAM/The Noble Haltmann mash-up
Team Jambandra: Vocal version of the Song of Supplication that totally should've been the 100% Completion Bonus :V

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Wish I could play the new kirby games. Money situations lol.

But Kirby is so cute and round and pink <3

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
With the upload of the Daroach showcase trailer on the Japanese Nintendo channel, it looks like it's confirmed what's inside the chest Daroach throws over to Kirby, which Kirby throws it later. Considering Dark Nebula was sealed inside a chest in Squeak Squad, it's no surprise there's a decoy Dark Nebula that's more like some jack-in-the-box thing.

R_N

They really should just take all these movesets and make Kirby Fighters 2

They would need to nerf Marx into the ground and rebalance the rest, of course, but still

R_N

And finally we have Adeline's trailer
A really interesting moveset!

The recent switch news post also confirms some neat changes coming to Guest Star:
-You'll be able to have multiple runs going at once. So if you want to start one, then start another later on, you can without erasing the progress.
-It sounds like if you have enough friends at a certain check point, you can skip to that check point as a starting point
-most interesting, it sounds like Friend Helpers' routes are getting "an upgrade"

I doubt they're going to give every helper a set of unique-to-them levels, but if they could iron out some of the subpar sections (that stupid sliding crusher...) and throw a couple unique ones for flavor, that'd be cool.

I wonder if the final update will let all the new levels be playable in single player. Just for kicks.

Pokemon Power

I haven't purchased Star Allies yet, though I want to. Now I'm wondering if I should wait until all the Dream Friends have been released to do it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Really love the Crystal Gun attack! Now that I wish that could be also done to Kirby much more if Ribbon gets to ride on him. It’s also nice to see Waiu make a return as a painting.

R_N

I haven't purchased Star Allies yet, though I want to. Now I'm wondering if I should wait until all the Dream Friends have been released to do it.
For what it's worth this is the second of probably 3 updates, but we have no idea when the third will come around.
Also beyond aesthetic additions, the bulk of changes are relegated to Guest Star Mode. The only real different these updates have added (thus far) to the story mode is that the guest stars get added to the dream roulette

Ambyssin

I appreciate the changes quite a bit. Makes for fun replaying. And now I can do a 64 Squad and a Knight Squad playthrough. There's a small part of me still praying we could get a proper EX Mode (with tougher bosses and everything), but I'm aware that's a fever dream at this point. I know Hyness technically has a slightly more aggressive pattern in Guest Star Mode and The Ultimate Choice's higher levels, but I think HAL could do better. like letting him pilot an evil friend star.

... and, of course, can't wait for Wave 3 so I can have a full squad of adorable bugs (Taranza, Bugzzy, Beetley, Como).

R_N

I appreciate the changes quite a bit. Makes for fun replaying. And now I can do a 64 Squad and a Knight Squad playthrough. There's a small part of me still praying we could get a proper EX Mode (with tougher bosses and everything), but I'm aware that's a fever dream at this point. I know Hyness technically has a slightly more aggressive pattern in Guest Star Mode and The Ultimate Choice's higher levels, but I think HAL could do better. like letting him pilot an evil friend star.

... and, of course, can't wait for Wave 3 so I can have a full squad of adorable bugs (Taranza, Bugzzy, Beetley, Como).
Against my better judgement I can't help but hope that Wave 3 has something significant added to it, like an EX Mode, because
The 3 Mages as one character, and/or possibly Hyness, just feels like it should be more important and require more changes, even though you can take Dedede & metaknight through and still beat up Dedede and Metaknight.

I mean they're even spit out but never seen again in the final boss fight, it feels like they should

But I also know Im just setting myselkf up for a fall. At most, maybe they'l consolidate the new bits of Guest Star into "levels" that you can play in single player.

Ambyssin

@R_N I totally see where you're coming from, there...

... it feels like they should have something different, yeah, but if that data mine really had everything, they'll just get a few unique levels like the rest of the Dream Friends. *sigh*

R_N

@R_N I totally see where you're coming from, there...

... it feels like they should have something different, yeah, but if that data mine really had everything, they'll just get a few unique levels like the rest of the Dream Friends. *sigh*
the stuff for wave 3 was mostly placeholder data and, in fairness, we didn't get any indication of the changes coming to Guest Star with this patch.

So it's possible they add something significant in the last patch, but the safe money is to not get hopes up.