• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Kirby Wii game announced!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Finally, a new true Kirby game after Epic Yarn. (Yes, I don't like Epic Yarn; shoot me.)

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/59896/

Seems like each power has a "Final Smash"-like move to go with it. They showed the Fire and Sword ones, and they look epic.

I spy three new powers: Water, Whip, and some kind of cannon thing.

Also, it looks like Kirby can suck up a ton of stuff at once for a 1-Up. Maybe this is his "final smash" move when he has no power. Of course, this is pure speculation on my part.

Dattebayo

Banned
Sweet! A new Kirby game right after the last one. Water Kirby has already been part of the series since the anime and what was it, Squeak Squad? The whip ability looks cool.

inb4indianakirbyjokes

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Sweet! A new Kirby game right after the last one. Water Kirby has already been part of the series since the anime and what was it, Squeak Squad? The whip ability looks cool.

inb4indianakirbyjokes

I don't think there ever was a Water ability in the games. There was a Bubble ability in Squeak Squad, perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

I always thought it was weird he never had a Water ability, but I guess they avoided it because he sort of becomes Water Kirby when he dives underwater anyway.

woot21

super noob
I just noticed something has me a little disturbed about this game. Not once did I see a partner in that trailer.

woot21 out dawgs

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wasn't too interested in Epic Yarn. This looks more like my playstyle.

cmitch25

Well, It's about time. I can't wait!! :D

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Holy Halberd, this is incredible! I was only expecting the new DS Kirby game, but this is a complete shock! My favorite thing in the vid is the water ability. In the canceled GameCube game, we only see the Water ability as a projectile, but here Kirby is using it to surf and make rainbows; how creative! I wonder if the special move for water will be flooding the screen?

Jigglychu said:
Also, it looks like Kirby can suck up a ton of stuff at once for a 1-Up. Maybe this is his "final smash" move when he has no power. Of course, this is pure speculation on my part.
I thoght I saw Kirby inhale a round Pink object; maybe those are 1UPs in this game?

Also, this is the first appearance of Mumbies since K64.

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
I was not expecting a new kirby game so soon after epic yarn but im happy that they are coming out with a real kirby game not an epic yarn 2.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
article from IGN

Hope it's good! Also if there's one thing about the trailer, it's this.

enemy:
His power level's over 9000!

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
WOOT.

I had no interest in Epic Yarn to be honest. I don't like the weird Kirby games as much as the classic original ones (Canvas Curse .. although that was actually fun .. and Yarn).
My favorite would be Crystal Shards for the N64 and then .. Magic Mirror for GBA I believe.

I was stoked when they announced a similar type of game for Gamecube, and wondered years later where the hell it was. It looks like this might be it, but for the Wii?

I really hope this doesn't suddenly disappear like the Gamecube one did, and I hope it's as good as the trailer is making it seem. :3

Waldorf

ungrateful
I didn't see that coming. Epic Yarn was such a bore (least it looked cute), and this reminds of The Crystal Shards, which, while I recognize is far from being the best Kirby game ever, is a pet favorite of mine. More than anything I'm glad that copy powers are back.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
It looks good. Yarn looked like it was fun, but I heard that it still had some annoying aspects, like not dying.

I hope this is as good as it looks.

I've played Epic Yarn a bit, and I have to say it's not fantastic. A normal Kirby game will be great, so I'll be picking this one up for sure 8D

Torpoleon

I thought Epic Yarn was a pretty cool Wii Game. I'll probably get this new Kirby Wii Game since I haven't played a classic Kirby Game in a long time and it looks cool.

I'm assuming no indication was given for the US Release Date.

Either way, it looks like a great game. Hopefully there will be information revealed at GDC & E3.

EDIT: I just noticed that there is talk about a Kirby DS Game. I don't know if it has been 100% confirmed that this awesome game is a Wii Game. Maybe it is a DS Game, or both? Some games (like Olympic Games, Olympic Winter Games, Sonic Colors and others) have been released for the home console and the handheld.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Saw this on Kotaku a couple of hours ago. I'm psyched! It has a very "Crystal Shards" look to it, which was one of my favorite (and few) N64 games.

Great to see that they're bringing more of Kirby to the Wii after his entire console absence on the Game Cube (minus Air Ride, of course).

Very excited.

/CL

BCVM22

I concur that this looks like Kirby 64 on steroids. And I am so very okay with that.

EDIT: I just noticed that there is talk about a Kirby DS Game. I don't know if it has been 100% confirmed that this awesome game is a Wii Game.

The DS is capable of some very great things in the right hands, but in watching the footage linked above, there is no way this is running on the current DS hardware.

Furthermore, while it is true that companies will release different builds of the same game on different platforms, it is tremendously uncommon that Nintendo themselves do it, and even more uncommon that they split a title between a console and a handheld. I would not put money on this being the case.