• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New laptop can be slow and freezes.

Volcanic Murk

Stupid Genius
My (relatively) new laptop that I had for a month can be slow and freezes. It used to be fast, but it suddenly started to suck. Every window that's up freezes and says it's Not Responding. When I click the window, it turns transparent white or gray. After a few minutes, and sometimes seconds, it returns to normal. I get frustrated sometimes and close it so it can sleep and work again when I open it, but it takes a long time to sleep. And sometimes it can be painfully slow, especially when staring up. I still have a lot of memory and data left on my computer and I did not download any harmful software. Why does this happen and how can I fix it? My laptop runs on Windows Vista and I'm upgrading to Windows 7 soon.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Do we get any info on what kind of laptop it is? A manufacturer? A model number? Or at leased some specs?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Mine is a M505-S4940.

While I don't know a large amount about computers, I'll try and help.

When was the last time you cleaned out your cookies or defraged your hard drive?

Volcanic Murk

Stupid Genius
While I don't know a large amount about computers, I'll try and help.

When was the last time you cleaned out your cookies or defraged your hard drive?

I clean out cookies regularly, so I don't think that's a problem. What does defragmenting do and does it delete any files or change them?

Edit : The error is called AppHang B1. What is this and how can I fix it?

Last edited: