1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Hydrohs, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Discuss the new Mega Evolution being added in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
    New Mega Evolutions

Please do not post fanart.
    There is a thread for that.
    If you made the fanart yourself you can always use the Fan Art forum.

Make sure all posts can actually contribute something to the discussion. One liners such as "I want x to get a Mega" or "x looks so cool!!!!" etc. are pointless and will deleted and infractions handed out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  2. DANdotW

DANdotW Previously Iota

As everyone wished (or at least the majority), Sceptile becomes Grass/Dragon. What kind of difference does this make, other than the new 4x Ice weakness and a Fairy weakness? Is it pretty game changing?

Also, I'm assuming since nobody has mentioned it, Swampert is keeping its original typing?

Diancie, Kyogre, and Groudon look awesome. One thing I'm more interested in is seeing what their new abilities are, if any.

3. Mikkely

Mikkely New Member

Mega Swampert looks really bulky now. It looks part fighting though.

4. MattySadler

MattySadler Well-Known Member

Love that Mega Sceptile is Grass/ Dragon, and I really like how Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert look. Really happy with today's news.

5. Firebrand

Firebrand Indomitable

Okay, thoughts on the new reveal:

Mega Sceptile actually looks pretty cool. I think I might go with Treecko this go around because wow, yeah, I'm really liking the look of that and I haven't used a Sceptile in a while. Mega Swampert is... cool I guess, but not really what I was expecting. Looks like it's bulk increases a lot, and I'm wondering how much it's attack is going to be buffed. Also, I hope it gets a good mega ability, it could really use one after the disappointment that is Damp.

6. Mays

Mays Well-Known Member

Looks amazing. Mega Kyogre and Groudon look great too!

7. Hydrohs

I really like the look of Mega Swampert, no typing yet as the scans just came out but if they revealed Mega Sceptile's typing I'm sure Mega Swampert's is in there somewhere.

I am definitely surprised that Groudon/Kyogre are megas, very minor changes compared to other Megas but oh well.

8. Rykel22

Rykel22 Info Gatherer

Oh you beautiful megas, why must you make it hard to choice a starter.

9. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Jukain being Grass/ Dragon would be great although it got one double weakness. But it also has two double resistance too due to being part Dragon. For Laglarge I think it will keep original typing since being a Ground type eliminates Electric attacks. I wonder whether there will be variations of Mega evolutions to Pokémon other than Lizardon and Mewtwo.

10. Munchy

Munchy =)

So it did happen... Mega Sceptile looks awesome, Mega Swampert is cool too!

Mega Diancie - the first Kalos-Pokémon to get a Mega! Very Sailor Moon -esque. I like it.

11. dragontamer44722

dragontamer44722 Pokegyms Owner

I'm very happy with the designs of Swampert and Sceptile, though I am curious to see what stat changes they will receive. For Sceptile I would assume a boost in Speed/ Special Attack or Attack, and for Swampert, based off of its appearance, looks like it could feasibly get a defensive boost. As for the Grass/Dragon typing, don't know how happy I am about it.

EDIT: Posted this before seeing the news on the homepage, so my mistake they are real XD

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  12. Hydrohs

They are real, anything you see posted on the main site is real. Serebii is very careful with that sort of thing.

13. ECM

ECM Well-Known Member

I am ecstatic about Mega Sceptile. I am stoked. Like no idea. As far as other new Mega Evolutions, I'm holding out for Mega Tropius for sure.

14. kemal07

kemal07 Well-Known Member

How awesome do they look. Sceptile was my least favourite of the Hoenn starters but its Mega evolution has just made it my favourite!

I'm just waiting on clearer images so that we can have a closer look at Mega Swampert, I can't see much of its design. Probably because it is facing forward.

15. maskofsanity1998

maskofsanity1998 Dead Friend

oh god, I can't believe those are real. I Don't like mega swampert personally but whatever. I'm really surprised Diancie got a mega evo. I wonder if they will give the other event legends(Volcanion/hoopa) mega evos? Also wonder what's up with the "atomic regression"

16. Rykel22

Rykel22 Info Gatherer

Mega Sceptile, Physical, Special, or mix?

17. butterxcup

butterxcup Member

I ALWAYS HAD FAITH IN YOU TREEKO!!!! Seriously though, I'm loving Mega Sceptile like no tomorrow! I'm not a competitive battler so the whole typing situation doesn't really affect me, I'm just glad he looks awesome :D

Mega Swamper looks like a tank that will roll over anything in its path ._.

18. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Jukain is famous for being the fastest Grass type. So I think the increase in base stats will be Speed first.

19. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

Okay, so it's absolutely clear now. They weren't worried about the fact that X & Y had only a certain number of Mega Stones. Either it will work like Origin Forme Giratina did in D/P, or they will update the games.

And Sceptile gets a Mega Evolution and it's the first Grass and Dragon type? That's really cool!

Also, did they actually confirm, yes, these new designs of Kyogre and Groudon are, in fact, Mega Evolutions?

20. venom1950

venom1950 Ace Trainer

mega swampert + trick room = destruction of entire universe!
    mega swampert is the next big thing i tell ya! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.