• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaFila

#2L2Q
Dear god, Mega Swampert is the definition of tank..

Firebrand

Indomitable
I really like the look of Mega Swampert, no typing yet as the scans just came out but if they revealed Mega Sceptile's typing I'm sure Mega Swampert's is in there somewhere.

I am definitely surprised that Groudon/Kyogre are megas, very minor changes compared to other Megas but oh well.

Do the scans actually say they're megas? Not that I'm doubting it, but it seems strange that they don't have the "mega" prefix. Atom is cool and all but are we certain they aren't just form changes? It's hardly as dynamic a change as the other megas... and GF has used mega evolutions to really overdesign other pokemon forms. This kind of restraint seems out of character for them.

Bardische

Elegance.
Apparently Swampert keeps its typing.

Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile is surprising. I didn't know people really wanted that. Huh, fine, I guess.

So now the Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters get Mega Evolutions. When is it time for the other starters?

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Jukain is famous for being the fastest Grass type. So I think the increase in base stats will be Speed first.

Oh I know that, it's just that normal Sceptile can focus on both attack stats so I'm wondering if they'll make Mega Sceptile focus on one or remain as flexible mixed attacker.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So we actually get new Megas, then. That confirms one mystery. They all look great, but Mega Blaziken is still my favorite of the three. But let's be honest, that was going to be my favorite regardless. The new Mega to impress me the most is Diancie, though. That's not a Mega anyone expected, that's for sure. The fact that they're keeping the ability hidden is interesting, maybe it will get something better than Clear Body.

Now to wait for Rayquaza, but that probably won't be for another few months. I know it's a premature assumption, but that's more than likely going to happen.

pimpditto

Mega Sceptile looks awesome! Even better than what I imagine or want it to be. Now to contain my hype, did the ability got posted as well in the scans?

Mega Swampert looks amazing as well, and now it's looking more like a tank. Love it!

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
OMG, I love Mega Sceptile! Grass/Dragon is great typing, even it has now 4x weakness to Ice-type. Mega Swampert looks...interesting, not a huge fan of it. Now it is sure that i will choose Treecko over Mudkip. Can't wait this game!

Do the scans actually say they're megas? Not that I'm doubting it, but it seems strange that they don't have the "mega" prefix. Atom is cool and all but are we certain they aren't just form changes? It's hardly as dynamic a change as the other megas... and GF has used mega evolutions to really overdesign other pokemon forms. This kind of restraint seems out of character for them.

From what I can read the title at the top of the scan does say "mega" when introducing their forms

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Awesome Desgin Choices on Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile. Best let in my opinion. Mega Swampert looks like a real Bruiser. I bet he gains Hammer Arm somehow. Mega Diance was a suprise since its not even released normally let.

Ilan

Saw those megas coming people were like "no more megas cause the code said so" but seems they were wrong.
mega sceptile will probably be a new MVP in OU looking forward to it... I am still waiting for the day I will have a 3DS to really play the games sigh..
looking forward to see their abilities
if mega swampert gets sap sipper I expect him to uber.. so tany without weakness .. dammit.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Ah I see, Mega Swampert is meant to be used as a tank; a further increase in Attack, Defences and HP and it'll be an amazing sight.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
As much as I didn't think we would get megas this time, I am very happy to be proved wrong because they all look amazing.

I'd already decided to use Treecko as it is my favourite Hoenn starter and I used it originally so I am looking forward to using one even more now Mega Sceptile has been revealed. Also, I have to say Mega Swampert looks pretty good too, looks very defensive. Also, now Atom Groudon and Kyogre have been revealed, I wonder how they differ from other Mega evolutions as they don't have the 'Mega' like the others.

The one I'm most surprised about is Mega Diancie. This one is very unexpected for me but I like these surprises!

EDIT: Now Groudon and Kyogre are revealed to be prehistoric, it seems even more intriguing. So possibly this is not a Mega Evolution but to tie into the story, Magma/Aqua have been testing the legends and have found a way to send Groudon and Kyogre into a prehistoric form where they were less controlled and as a result more powerful. This game just sounds better and better every time.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
New Megas look awesome, now I'm expecting Metagross and Rayquaza to get one, Metagross because Steven is looking for dem stones and he is his star pokemon(like Diantha) and Rayquaza because of the connection to the other two legends.

I dont know who to use right now loving Sceptile and Swampert evos a lot.

Now Gamefreak gods give me my Typhlosion mega evolution.

zhixun

Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has Swift Swim I believe

I think Laglarge should be the one having Lightning Rod ability. Since it is part Ground type and this can protect the team from taking any damage from Electric attacks.

It is really interesting that Mega Swampert has Swift Swim. Unless they just gave him a ridiculously crummy Ability, that would tend to indicate that its Speed is boosted from normal Swampert.

And Sceptile with Lightning Rod is just really interesting and unexpected. Maybe it'll be all about Sp. Atk., or maybe it will be able to effectively use physical and special.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Wondering what the ability of M-Sceptile et M-Swampert will be, if for the later is Sap-Suppier since many have wished for, he will be a powerfull Tank/Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.