• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

Of course, for all we know, a Milotic megavolution could go the opposite way and make Milotic more "ugly," sacrificing grace and beauty, for something.

HAAA!! I could hear the fan reaction now if Game Freak did that! Making Milotic " Ugly" in its Mega Evolution.

HydroBR

I an kinda see Milotic getting a Water/Dragon Mega evolution. She is the counterpart to Gyarados, and Sableye got one, being the counterpart to Mawile
I'v never seen them as counterparts, even though so many people are saying this. What maie them counterparts, only the fact that they're both big sea snakes?

EDIT: Oh, after reading BluePingu's post, it makes more sense... Still, i'm not sure if that makes them counterparts on the same way that Mawile and Sableye (or Zangoose and Seviper) are.
Anyway, i don't mean i don't want a Mega Milotic, it would be awesome, i just don't see it as given. I'm more confident about Mega Gallade.

Alright, though Talonflame would probably need to switch in after a KO so it won't eat a STAB Water hit. How about the unlikely possibility of Mega Beedrill, with Adaptability with a spread of 65/130/70/45/80/105? Or Jynx with Refrigerate and a spread of 65/50/55/155/115/115? Neither were Hoenn native, but still...
I would LOVE a Mega Beedrill. Initially, i imagined it getting Steel, but Bug and Poison are important to Beedrill...
On a similar idea as Mega Kangaskhan, my brother gave me an idea: what if Mega Beedrill was a Hive full of Beedrills, or maybe a swarm? Parental Bond wouldn't make sense, but Skill Link could do the trick, or some other new ability.
Well, all very unlikely, but i love Beedrill, i hope it gets one on another generation. Probably Butterfree would also get one, but i don't really care :p

About Jynx, that's a possibility, if we consider that list of trademarks. maybe she's not Hoenn native, but Gamefreak already said that there are different Pokémons in Hoenn this time, what's most likely a hint to a updated Pokédex.
Jynx being in Hoenn, she's a candidate to Megas, I believe. I just think, personally, that if they're gonna give an ice Pokémon a Mega, it should be one introduced in RSE, like Glalie and Walrein. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Mycroft

HAAA!! I could hear the fan reaction now if Game Freak did that! Making Milotic " Ugly" in its Mega Evolution.

It is such a common theme in various Asian mythologies.. A beautiful exterior hiding a grotesque true form, and due to vanity or something similar the creatures choose to remain in their beautiful forms most of the time, which would fit with megavolutions since they're temporary.

Once again, this is of course speculation based on something that may or may not be used as inspiration. And if we go with Milotic being inspired by Mermaids or Sirens, distinctly European in origin (although there are a few variations of both found among Polynesian cultures), then it wouldn't really make sense for its megavolution to be inspired by Asian myths.

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
I would LOVE a Mega Beedrill. Initially, i imagined it getting Steel, but Bug and Poison are important to Beedrill...
On a similar idea as Mega Kangaskhan, my brother gave me an idea: what if Mega Beedrill was a Hive full of Beedrills, or maybe a swarm? Parental Bond wouldn't make sense, but Skill Link could do the trick, or some other new ability.
Well, all very unlikely, but i love Beedrill, i hope it gets one on another generation. Probably Butterfree would also get one, but i don't really care :p

Personally, I think the hive idea may be more fitting for Mega Vespiquen (if there is to be one that is)

Hasty

Moonside
Why? Magikarp and Feebas are both extremely week fish Pokemon. They then evolve into practically the opposite of each other (Gyarados is scary, Milotic is beautiful). They both have extremely similar base stats, but they have the special and physical stats swapped. They are also both used by the champion of the region IIRC (not too sure about that).

While they do have small differences, such as Feebas evolving in a unique way and Magikarp not learning any TM moves, they are pretty much counterparts in my eyes

That's what I mean, only because they are very similar doesn't make them "counterparts". Most of the Gen5 Pokemon are similar to Gen1 Pokemon. :p

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, maybe they do have too many differences to be concidered counterparts but.. I think it was Worth mentioning~ (The two of them have the same base stats as well, I think.)

BluePingu

That's what I mean, only because they are very similar doesn't make them "counterparts". Most of the Gen5 Pokemon are similar to Gen1 Pokemon. :p

While that is a good point, only aesthetically do the Gen V pokemon seem like other pokemon.

Tauros: 75/100/95/40/70/110
Bouffalant: 95/110/95/40/95/55

Muk: 105/105/75/65/100/50
Garbodor: 80/95/82/60/82/75

Notice how different the stats are?
Now look at Gyarados and Milotic. Their stats are EXACTLY THE SAME but only in a different order.

Gyarados: 95/125/79/60/100/81
Milotic: 95/60/79/100/125/81

However, the 2 Gen 5 I showed were not designed to be counterparts to their Gen 1 look-a-likes as far as I am aware.
So either way, you can't really compare Gyarados/Milotic to them...

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
I am pretty self-100% sure that Milotic to Gyarados is the same as Mawile to Sableye...

Where they have similar stat

Not to mention Mawile and Sableye has been called counterparts by practically everyone already...

What's to stop Milotic and Gyarados to be called counterparts?

Mawile: 50/85/85/55/55/50
Sableye: 50/75/75/65/65/50

Difference of Mawile got 10 more stat in Attack and defense
While Sableye got 10 more in Special Attack and Special Defence

Exactly the same scenario as to what we're comparing Milotic and Gyarados above...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I wiuld also love to see this with intimidate to top the change.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
About Jynx, that's a possibility, if we consider that list of trademarks. maybe she's not Hoenn native, but Gamefreak already said that there are different Pokémons in Hoenn this time, what's most likely a hint to a updated Pokédex.
Jynx being in Hoenn, she's a candidate to Megas, I believe. I just think, personally, that if they're gonna give an ice Pokémon a Mega, it should be one introduced in RSE, like Glalie and Walrein. But that's just my opinion.
I agree, so how about Glalie becomes part Dark, gets Technician to boost Ice Shard, Bite, Bulldoze, Hidden Power, Water Pulse, and most importantly Frost Breath. Drop it's defenses and supercharge it's offenses, with a spread like 80/140/60/140/60/100. Froslass could get one, too, maybe with a spread like 70/50/90/130/90/140 with Infiltrator. Walrein should definitely get a drop ind SPD with huge defensive buffs, something like 110/100/140/115/140/25 with Unaware. That, along with giving Slack Off through breeding, could make it an awesome specially offensive tank or the game's deadliest Curse user.

Gabry00023

Do you think it would be cool to have a Normal/Ghost Pokémon, even if it was a ME? I would like to see a (pseudo-)legendary having that type, but seeing as MEs can change type, we could have it now instead of waiting for another generation. Maybe a human corpse Pokémon...

EKZ1505

Just as an idea related to mega milotic being even more beautiful and having intimidate, how about instead it gets an ability related to intimidate that instead makes special attack drop a stage? Not sure what to call it but I think that could be cool

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well, Intimidate would also make sense if M-Milotic was even more beautiful.
Yeh i think intimidate is different in japanese so it could work. To enchance the trading beauty for power dheerforce could be considered.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Well, Intimidate would also make sense if M-Milotic was even more beautiful.
And have it learn Mean look too. :)

Mioltic becoming even "even more beautiful" in Mega form would definitely justify Intimidate and Mean Look. I approve!

Just as an idea related to mega milotic being even more beautiful and having intimidate, how about instead it gets an ability related to intimidate that instead makes special attack drop a stage? Not sure what to call it but I think that could be cool

It becomes Shy? Ick!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Mioltic becoming even "even more beautiful" in Mega form would definitely justify Intimidate and Mean Look. I approve!

Actually we were talking if Gamefreak went and made a Mega Milotic "Ugly" instead of more beautiful it would have Intimidate and Mean look. But I guess it could work the other way too.

XXD17

Draco rex
All this talk of Johto starter megas a while back got me thinking...

What if typhlosion got a mega with no guard? Perfect accuracy focus blast and inferno are nothing to laugh at...unless you are a chandelure...

Baby V Alex

I was thinking, what if we get Mega Evolutions for not Hoenn native pokémon? I mean we get MDiancie in OR/AS but we didn't get Diancie in OR/AS but in X/Y. What if it's the same to Jynx. I really hope we get it and it looks like any of this fake evolutions

http://thetopcut.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Jynx.jpg
http://www.j1studios.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/jynx_evolution_by_grimegan_bt-d642ui7.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/177/e/3/Frozeen_by_GreatMik.png
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/037/2/a/hyjynx__fake_jynx_evolution_by_phatmon66-d5u26y8.png

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
A lot of us having been clamoring for a Mega Jynx since it was found to be trademarked. I don't see why they couldn't just add in Jynx to the Hoenn dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.