• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
Didn't know about the flying/Fight hype. I just want it to be useable, not some joke of a mega. Maybe with... Huge Power? (as if we need anymore of those pokes :p
And Move tutors. I hate how all the Kalos pokemon have around 1-5 egg moves, when all the other gens had around 10-15 egg moves for each on average.

Yeah I was a huge youtube freak leading up to x/y and as soon as mega's were revealed it went Farfetch'd crazy! There's a lot of pretty decent artwork out there for the fighting/flying combo version. As soon as hawluncha was revealed it died down :(

Kalos egg move limits.....tbh I've yet to do serious breeding with 6th gen pokes and I never noticed that! Pretty disappointing, so yeah move tutors are the way forward for Kalos for the time being, unless they change eggs move for ORAS, which if I believe to be correct has happened before in past gens (when releasing a new game for the Gen)

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
It fits thematically, but losing STAB on earthquake would hurt, plus I don't think it could even learn anything to capitalize on bug typing

Very true, as this would be where the move tutors come into effect :) although thinking about it I'm not sure if bug type gain would be beneficial, it just fits the design so well and it would be a typing combo we have yet to see.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Bug is such a bad typing right now. Pinsir/Scizor rely on their other STAB or even coverage moves, only Scolipede uses it's bug STAB often. I don't think that way Flygon would reach it's "true potential".

Macabrelicious

Considering the large amount of Pokemon that need a single megavolution and yet haven't received one (so far) like Beedrill/Spinda/Delcatty/Wormadam/Seviper/Magcargo/Butterfree/Dustox/I could go on forever, giving any Pokemon more than one megavolution is unfortunately a waste. But I actually like the idea of keeping people on their toes when battling in regards of having multiple potential megavolutions and adding a layer of unpredictability to the battling scene (not necessarily competitive, either) so I guess I'm neutral SO LONG AS the dual megavolutions don't go to Pokemon who clearly don't need them (coughMewtwocough).

Nobody likes Meganium? ;~; #representgrassstarters

And I'm all for Jynx. And there's a list of copyrighted mega Pokemon names? ...That kind of discourages me, to be honest, because there's less room for speculation now...

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Considering the large amount of Pokemon that need a single megavolution and yet haven't received one (so far) like Beedrill/Spinda/Delcatty/Wormadam/Seviper/Magcargo/Butterfree/Dustox/I could go on forever, giving any Pokemon more than one megavolution is unfortunately a waste. But I actually like the idea of keeping people on their toes when battling in regards of having multiple potential megavolutions and adding a layer of unpredictability to the battling scene (not necessarily competitive, either) so I guess I'm neutral SO LONG AS the dual megavolutions don't go to Pokemon who clearly don't need them (coughMewtwocough).

Nobody likes Meganium? ;~; #representgrassstarters

And I'm all for Jynx. And there's a list of copyrighted mega Pokemon names? ...That kind of discourages me, to be honest, because there's less room for speculation now...

There is such list, but it didn't have Metagross, Diancie nor Sableye (I think) on it yet here they are. Don't feel discouraged.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Sceptile is one, and the only one, that should to get another ME.

Would be great if it gets a physical-based ME with Tough Claws to better utilize its large physical movepool.

*Sigh* How about not? It would make sense, and it would benefit him for sure, but come on. Every Mega and its mother is getting Tough Claws nowadays. Let's have some variety.

boisechris

The Strategist
Whoa, how didn't anyone think of this before? I'm interested now.

People have, it's just not original. Gen one has two of them. (So does gen six)

Jynx was on the trademarked list of megas so it might not be that unlikely but the fact that it was the only non gen 3 mon on the list that didn't get a mega in xy might indicate something
This. Just made my day! Jynx needs some love, it's not her fault for the controversies surrounding her!

I'd take that with a grain of salt if I were you.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
*Sigh* How about not? It would make sense, and it would benefit him for sure, but come on. Every Mega and its mother is getting Tough Claws nowadays. Let's have some variety.

Actually, I don't mind another ability :p
Justified, Moxie, Defiant, Super Luck, heck even Natural Cure or Regenerator can work for Sceptile and is okay for me.

Tough Claws was just the first thing in my mind for a physical M-Sceppy.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

It's fitting though isn't it? Sceptile has what looks like some pretty sharp claws. Though it's very, very doubtful with 3 megas having it :x

Though I feel if he gets a Physically based ME, it should have something like Moxie.

Ilan

Don't know why people didn't think about it but multiscale would fit milotic well with a defense and sp.attack boots iyt would have a good ou potential.. For.status you can have a cleric or status absorber (like gliscor or silveon.) with recover it would work well imagen a sleep talk milotic with
STAB dragon tail and scald could be a better crocune l. This way milotic will be also resistant to statuses. The downside is the lack of leftovers but of she gets+ 30 to defenses ot would make for it. Supporting water/dragon milotic and giving crunch to gyarados!

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Don't know why people didn't think about it but multiscale would fit milotic well with a defense and sp.attack boots iyt would have a good ou potential.. For.status you can have a cleric or status absorber (like gliscor or silveon.) with recover it would work well imagen a sleep talk milotic with
STAB dragon tail and scald could be a better crocune l. This way milotic will be also resistant to statuses. The downside is the lack of leftovers but of she gets+ 30 to defenses ot would make for it.

Indeed with multiscale actually, Sleep Talk mega Milotic could get OP. Also, it's current Sp. Attack is fine with Base 100. So I guess yeah, Mega-MS Milotic could be something that would be viable for OU.

Serlli09

The set rest talker is pretty OP in Milotic in UU, and if you get a mega will be more bulky and type could be Water / Fairy as it pertains to egg group Hada and was rumored to entreda Type Fairy was going to have that second kind.
Although best Water / Dragon to have fewer weaknesses

XXD17

Draco rex
It fits thematically, but losing STAB on earthquake would hurt, plus I don't think it could even learn anything to capitalize on bug typing.

It's got u-turn...the move that made it famous in UU back in fifth gen and currently, it's still the only dragon that can use it most effectively giving it the niche as a physical dragon scout...if given dragon/ bug and enough attack, it's U-turn can potentially be as powerful as scizor's...give it enough speed to outspeed garchomp and it will have quite a niche for itself...kind of like a physical noivern scout that doesn't need a choice item and can actually do damage with U-turn...and without ground, it won't be scared of ice shard OKOing....plus, it still gets EQ and fire punch for coverage over its weaknesses...

Last edited:

Luthor

It's fitting though isn't it? Sceptile has what looks like some pretty sharp claws. Though it's very, very doubtful with 3 megas having it :x

Though I feel if he gets a Physically based ME, it should have something like Moxie.

how about something like super luck or sniper it'd gel with leaf blade and night slash well. They'd probably add slash,shadow claw and psycho cut as options to go with that mega (possibly even cross poison) which could be interesting

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I dont understand why people want to gibe a pojemon a mega so it goes OU...UU mons can be used at OU. And OU is determined by usage.Just look at pinsir nowadays either he goes for Mpinsir or a subpar Choice set. It cant be played effectively in OU without its mega...Why would you want a good uu mon to be pushed into a tier where it will be medicre at best. OU isnt a synonim of power it is about usage..,

Ilan

I dont understand why people want to gibe a pojemon a mega so it goes OU...UU mons can be used at OU. And OU is determined by usage.Just look at pinsir nowadays either he goes for Mpinsir or a subpar Choice set. It cant be played effectively in OU without its mega...Why would you want a good uu mon to be pushed into a tier where it will be medicre at best. OU isnt a synonim of power it is about usage..,

mediocre??? did you see that monster? one SD and the game is practically over all you need to do is get rid of rotom-W,talonflame and balloon steel types (or bronzong but he isn't used in OU).

Last edited:

Akashin

I don't think it really needs to be explained why one would want their favorite Pokemon to be stronger. That said, I do agree that not every Mega under the sun needs to be OU material.

Status
Not open for further replies.