• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ѕhiny Missingno

I predict we'll see Seviper and Zangoose in the upcoming Mega Scoop. As well as... Tentacruel or Crobat. Simply because there needs to be more non-Hoenn-national-dex-pokemon? (Pokemon originally from other regions in Hoenn, e.g., Tentacool, Zubat) Megas in Hoenn.
It's weird that Hoenn already has the second most Megas in X and Y and now we're getting even more. I'm hoping that some of them come from other gens but are still Hoenn-relevan pokés. Crobat and Tentacruel are good examples but others could be Dusknoir, Gallade, Probopass, Froslass (alongside Glalie), Magnezone (please GF) and Roserade since 4th gen hasn't had that much Mega-love and most of these are evolutions for Hoenn pokémon.

As for predictions, I'm going with Mega Flygon, Mega Hariyama and Mega Gallade.

ebevan91

I do hope they don't go overboard with the mega evolutions for Hoenn. I'd rather there be a balanced number between gens.

But right now with the megas it is #TeamKanto vs. #TeamHoenn.

Last edited:

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
I do hope they don't go overboard with the mega evolutions. I'd rather there be a balanced number between gens.

They should totally have that as one of the Battle Competitions, LOL

Mega-Kanto vs Mega-Hoenn

Penguin888

a t l a n t i s
Rumour has it, there is an image of M-Flygon going around somewhere.

Last edited:

Akashin

Rumour has it, there is an image of M-Flygon going around somewhere.

I'm sure that if you looked, you would find a lot of (fake) M-Flygon images. More recently, the rumor you're hearing is probably about the fake video posted to Cheezburger (I think?) a couple days ago.

That "fake" was just a rickroll though with just a regular flygon in the thumbnail.

...Yes, that's why I called it fake.

Last edited:

GDK

I'm sure that if you looked, you would find a lot of (fake) M-Flygon images. More recently, the rumor you're hearing is probably about the fake video posted to Cheezburger (I think?) a couple days ago.

That "fake" was just a rickroll though with just a regular flygon in the thumbnail.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm on board with a Tentacruel Mevo. As for ability, Adaptability would fit it PERFECTLY. Since we no longer have permanent rain for Rain Dish, let's make him an offensive monster. Either that or Regenerator for battle longevity.

Bring back the terror anti-meta 'mon of OU!

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I'm on board with a Tentacruel Mevo. As for ability, Adaptability would fit it PERFECTLY. Since we no longer have permanent rain for Rain Dish, let's make him an offensive monster. Either that or Regenerator for battle longevity.

Bring back the terror anti-meta 'mon of OU!

I could defiantly get behind a regenerator Mega Tentacruel, if it did come to fruition i'd defianlty use it on my team

TheEliteEmpoleon

I would love Mega Tentacruel! One that I was just thinking would be cool was Mega Golem. I think that Golem could be somewhat viable if he got a mevo. Anyone else? I guess the pokémon that I mainly want megas for right now are Tentacruel, Golem, Masquerain, and Flygon.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Regenerator Mega Tentacruel sounds perfect for it.
RegenMT-Cruel, however, might be a bit difficult to faint, but it might raised usage for GothiTag.

MegaFlygon, if it ever happens, should be a specially oriented Ground/Dragon. We already have one in the form of Garchomp, and it would be really boring with two physical Dragon/Ground megas.
M-Flygon with a Expert Belt ability.

Torpoleon

It's weird that Hoenn already has the second most Megas in X and Y and now we're getting even more. I'm hoping that some of them come from other gens but are still Hoenn-relevan pokés. Crobat and Tentacruel are good examples but others could be Dusknoir, Gallade, Probopass, Froslass (alongside Glalie), Magnezone (please GF) and Roserade since 4th gen hasn't had that much Mega-love and most of these are evolutions for Hoenn pokémon.

As for predictions, I'm going with Mega Flygon, Mega Hariyama and Mega Gallade.
I'm not surprised at all that Kanto & Hoenn have the most megas. I'm hopeful that Flygon gets a Mega and I could see Gallade getting one. Maybe Wally will even use it.

With any luck we will probably get the big news tomorrow or Saturday.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Regenerator Mega Tentacruel sounds perfect for it.
RegenMT-Cruel, however, might be a bit difficult to faint, but it might raised usage for GothiTag.

MegaFlygon, if it ever happens, should be a specially oriented Ground/Dragon. We already have one in the form of Garchomp, and it would be really boring with two physical Dragon/Ground megas.
M-Flygon with a Expert Belt ability.

This would be amazing imo, although i would give M-Flygon tinted lens, although that might be a sure fire way to get it banned

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I do hope they don't go overboard with the mega evolutions for Hoenn. I'd rather there be a balanced number between gens.

They got the biggest contingent of megas in X and Y and are getting a crapload of them now, I agree I hope we get other gen megas specially, IV and V since V has none and IV doesn't have many.

R_N

They got the biggest contingent of megas in X and Y and are getting a crapload of them now, I agree I hope we get other gen megas specially, IV and V since V has none and IV doesn't have many.

I would be incredibly surprised if we didn't get a single gen 4 mega considering the gen 4 evos are being added in.
If this corocoro also goes into detail about additions of the dex (whether its just gen 4 evos or more) I bet they also show some non-gen3 megas to match

Luthor

I think any mega heatmor could do with gaining an additional typing, do you agree and if so what typing?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Hmm all I could think of is Ground.

I agree. If we're going solely on its basis as an anteater, Ground is definitely the best option. It may upgrade that weakness to Water to 4x but losing the Rock weakness helps a bunch and drops its weaknesses to just Water and Ground. Plus, an Electric immunity is pretty helpful.
I say we give it White Smoke and raise its speed and defenses 30 each with the extra 10 in attack.
Just my take on it.

I mostly just want a MegaHeatmor because that would essentially mean a Mega for Durant, which happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.