• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skgameboy

Really, the Tao Trio only really needs one more forme change, and that's the Original Dragon, AKA Kyurem fused with both Reshiram and Zekrom. They're a good way there, as Black/White Kyurem are only missing the opposite Dragon from the Tao Trio, but I really can only see the most fitting ultimate forme for the Tao Trio being the Original Dragon, after all they were all the same Pokemon at a time. Prehaps keep Kyurem's Ice/Dragon type and give it a Ability that gives it Pseudo-Fire and Electric STAB, but I'm getting off topic here.

I completely agree, but what if instead of combining all 3 dragons we just used the dna splicers to combine reshiram and zekrom? i mean they are the two halfs of the whole. what would be interesting is the movepool and typing, maybe a new dragon move like "origin blast" or something like that, and give it access to all three of the dragons movepools with a dragon/? typing. Ability and the second type are the only things i cant figure out

SiLeNtDeViL609

High Five The Sky!!!
Isn't it's Spef Def high enough? I dread to see how high it could go in Mega form.

Well, M-Goodra's ability could increase the speed or def when hit by a psy instead. It could be called something like Psyblock

Rampharos

I completely agree, but what if instead of combining all 3 dragons we just used the dna splicers to combine reshiram and zekrom? i mean they are the two halfs of the whole. what would be interesting is the movepool and typing, maybe a new dragon move like "origin blast" or something like that, and give it access to all three of the dragons movepools with a dragon/? typing. Ability and the second type are the only things i cant figure out

If they were gonna do something like this to me it would make more sense to have it as pure dragon defensively and then offensively fire/ice/electric through the use of an ability to give it STAB in these three. Keeping the ice and dragon typing for the "original dragon" doesn't make sense for this trio's story and it obviously can't be four types at once.
I could also see this original dragon's stats being really balanced.

Well, M-Goodra's ability could increase the speed or def when hit by a psy instead. It could be called something like Psyblock

I don't get why people want Goodra to have a psychic-counter ability. Is there something in its Pokedex entries or something like that that has to do with this?

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
Because Goodra is Gooy... and looks like it belongs to the Muk-categories, which is mainly made up of poison type pokemon that's weak to psychic.

Goodra here is a Pure Dragon.

However I think some people wants Mega Goodra to be type change to Poison/Dragon.
Yeah, like its an ability similar to Goodra's Gooey or Sharpedo's Rough Skin.

Speaking of Goodra, I think it should get a Mega. It'll turn to a Poison/Dragon with an ability like Sap Sipper but with psychic-type moves
from page 205... 25 pages ago, lol

my post of reply to that ^

LOL @ Mega Goodra, it sounds like the spawn of Goodra+Muk.

As for Psychic-type absorb, "Mind Control"? :p

cause it sounds awesome.

Something like

Game's Text
: "Special Defense rises if hit with a Psychic-type attack"
In-Depth: "Special Defense is raised by one stage when the Pokemon is hit by a Psychic-type move, User receives no damage from Psychic-type attacks"

But Psyblock sounds better

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Oh. My. God.

I'm so happy. Lopunny

BufkQNDIUAAk72T.jpg:large

BufkQBbIUAAHbN3.jpg:large

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Well, looking from the images, it seems to be a double page spread and these are only a two quarters of it, so there is more to come!

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
Yes! YES! YEEEEEEEES! My favorite draconic Pokemon gets a MEGA! Now I know who's going to be my Dragon/Flying/Fairy (mega only) type maestro! :D

Last edited:

NightFire7

Mega Altaria and Mega Lopunny? Wow ok I can honestly say I wasn't expecting that. I don't know if its just me but those seem like the two most random pokemon to give mega evos to. Well ok since they got mega evos apparently then I guess its anyone's guess what else will get a mega evo. I like them, they look cool.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, looks like the leaks have started. Interesting designs, typings and abilities on Mega Altaria and Lopunny, but I'm not much of a fan of either. Hoping that there's a Mega Claydol hiding among these pages. Also Salamence, it deserves a Mega so much right now if Altaria is getting one.

aerial_ace

Woho loving the look of mega altaria so glorious. I think everyone expected dragon fairy although I am a little disapointed. Its literally a bird with clouds instead of wings so I would imagine it would keep flying.
Lopoony is so random dont think anyone expexted that. Considering its typing scrappy is a great ability spam those high jump kicks lopoony :)

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Mega Altaria, who is Dragon/Fairy with Pixilate and Mega Lopunny who is Normal/Fighting with Scrappy.

Obvious but very great secondary typings!

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Seems like a lot of people got their wish with Mega Altaria. It's got a neat design. I can't help but wonder why Mega Lopunny? Why? Why now? I don't have anything against those who like Diancie and Lopunny and the new megas, I just want the focus to be Hoenn!

Status
Not open for further replies.