• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sable-Xeno

Almighty Idiot
Well, I'm a little iffy on Lopunny's mega...Though, all things considered, it's awesome...I should definitely think about using it in-game, assuming we get Diamond/Pearl remakes some 5 years or so from now.

Mega Altaria is possibly the fluffiest Pokemon in existence, no contest.

And mega Salamence...finally, that perpetual floating animation from X/Y will make infinitely more sense. He actually looks kinda like Lati@s now.

KKS-Lapras

Mega Altaria is possibly the fluffiest Pokemon in existence, no contest.

This, just this!

Anyways, I'm still hoping that the Gen 2 starters get their Mega's via these games.

Ajduk

it's entirely possible that I missed it; the Internet is vast

link me to where that specifically was said

Will try,the internet it vast,but I clearly remembsr that it was said that the issue coming on the 13th this month will feature all megas.

In Japan,masturbation material does not upgrade...IT MEGA EVOLVES!!!!!

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
It is said that THIS is the issue that will reveal all megas...or did u miss that?
F#####g mega lopunny,c'mon! :/

They said there would be a Mega Evolution scoop, not that they were revealing all the Mega's from ORAS.

--

The fact that Lucia basically promotes Altaria and possibly Mega Altaria (depending if Mega's are involved in Contests which I doubt but still), I'm definitely thinking there will be a Mega Flygon.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Wow, new Megas. Sa-weet.

First and foremost, I have to ask: what are people talking about in reguards to this CoroCoro "revealing all the new Megas we haven't seen so far"? Did I miss a message somewhere? This isn't the complete list of Megas for ORAS, is it? Pretty weak, if it is. That'd be, what, 8? Plus the three Legendary megas, I suppose, but those were kind of like attaching frickin' lazers to a shark's head.

As for the Megas themselves:
Mega Salamence looks BEAST. Like, wow, I love the design. And Aerilate as an ability? Not bad, GameFreak, not bad at all. Very excited for this puppy.

Mega Altaria looks...fluffy? Someone needs a haircut, bro. If only the shiny version had black cotton, then i could at least nickname mine Black Dynamite. Yes, I'm aware that's too long for a nickname, just roll with it.

Mega Lopunny certainly looks intriguing. Biggest problem I see is surviving the transformation. Fake-Out will help, and Scrappy will abate those pesky Ghost switch-ins, but the real question will be whether it's new Mega stats will be worth the effort

Mega Milotic looks so rad! It's....wait, they didn't reveal a Mega Milotic? Oh, well....

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
I really love Mega Altarias typing, but why the Pixilate ability? I would have preferred levitate to keep it's ground type immunity.

Also, I absolutely love Salamance and think it will be an absolute beast in battle. I can see it really dominating after switching in and getting a moxie boost beforehand, but the mega design is by far one of the worst yet IMO. It looks like it is wearing a back brace and has it's arms amputated.

KKS-Lapras

Do not! DO NOT! DOOOO NOOOOOOOOT! Give that Pokemon I feared back at Sapphire and Emerald a mega evolution!

To me at least, it seems like one of 3 remaining Pokemon that make sense to gain a Mega-Evolution.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Haha, I don't know why, but I didn't see M-Salamence's wings at all at first, and thought it was just this little "tube" of a dragon. I was like, ok, that's a weird design. But then someone mentioned the wings and ahh, now I see them. Much better! I don't really see how I could have missed them haha!

I'm loving these new ME's. Is this all from this month's issue?

Rakurai

I suddenly like Mega Salamence more after realizing the resemblance its silhouette has to the Rebel insignia from Star Wars.

KKS-Lapras

I suddenly like Mega Salamence more after realizing the resemblance its silhouette has to the Rebel insignia from Star Wars.

Genius, I hadn't noticed the similarities til now.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
lol the first time I saw these new ones I was like wtf, but now they don't seem too bad, I'm going to wait on some fan-art now, they always make the megas look a lot better :p

I'm lovin' all three megas.
Mega Salamence with Aerilate is gonna be painful.
For some reason, I think we have one more mega to be revealed...
Has the leaker stated that that is all for this issue?

XXD17

Draco rex
Lopunny looks GORGEOUS!!! Now my Lopunny, Holly, doesn't have to simply resort to switcheroo tactics anymore! I'm not saying it will be super viable but I like being able to use lopunny as an attacker rather than just support....

Mega Salamence though...why did they turn it into a giant boomerang? I can't say that I like it at all...I definitely prefer the design of regular salamence...and with aerilate...are there any moves it can abuse with that besides return? But I guess a dragon dance + return can hurt a lot...too bad it doesn't get priority...which will still make it kind of inferior to dragonite...

As for altaria...all you dragon/ fairy doubters, I will gladly collect your tears now...>:D

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Huh, it really does, even if that's unintentional, that's still pretty cool

Mega Salamence though...why did they turn it into a giant boomerang? I can't say that I like it at all...I definitely prefer the design of regular salamence...and with aerilate...are there any moves it can abuse with that besides return? But I guess a dragon dance + return can hurt a lot...to bad it doesn't get priority...which will stay make it kind of inferior to dragonite...

Hyper Voice, Thrash and Double Edge.

confuser987

I really love Mega Altarias typing, but why the Pixilate ability? I would have preferred levitate to keep it's ground type immunity.

Also, I absolutely love Salamance and think it will be an absolute beast in battle. I can see it really dominating after switching in and getting a moxie boost beforehand, but the mega design is by far one of the worst yet IMO. It looks like it is wearing a back brace and has it's arms amputated.

While it loses its ground type immunity, it does reduces its 4x weakness to ice to 2x.

Do you think/hope that the old gen exclusive move tutors will come back? I mean moves like mega kick and double-edge. That way pokemon with pixalate, areilate, and refrigerate will have a bigger move pool.

I am glad that Salamence can learn double edge through level up(by heart scale), but I am planning on using facade instead.

Last edited:

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Mega Altaria!!! Seriously Dragon/Fairy as I wanted it. :D (Even though it looks the same as the regular just with the added fluff.)

Mega Lopunny. Now who saw that coming? Seriously its more exciting getting revealed tbh..

Now if Gallade, Milotic, Ninetales, Jumpluff and Masquerain gets ME I'll be forever a pokefan =]

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Well i woke up to this nice surprise

M-Altaria- Design is really cool, i like it and as a user of M-Gardevoir and Hyper Voice that combo is destructive at times. I guess M-Altaria is kinda a counter to M-Salamence if you can get cotton guard up in time

M-Salamence- I did laugh at it's design at first but after seeing it's getting Aerilate it is going to be a monster in competitive play, i bet Smogon are already drawing up the ban list for the OR/AS and this thing is top of the list

M-Lopunny- Kinda came out of left field for me (and i guess most of the community), Scrappy is a nice ability turns it into a ghost hunter of sorts, hopefully it will gain access to High Jump Kick but i think it will have to stick to Drain Punch which would be beneficial due to Lopunny's poor HP

All around i'm happy with these three, kinda expected M-Salamence to be a thing but the other two weren't on my list. My only hope now is that in that small bottom left part we haven't seen yet is a cosy little spot for M-Flygon (Preferably with Tinted Lens as it's new ability)

Lopunny looks GORGEOUS!!! Now my Lopunny, Holly, doesn't have to simply resort to switcheroo tactics anymore! I'm not saying it will be super viable but I like being able to use lopunny as an attacker rather than just support....

Mega Salamence though...why did they turn it into a giant boomerang? I can't say that I like it at all...I definitely prefer the design of regular salamence...and with aerilate...are there any moves it can abuse with that besides return? But I guess a dragon dance + return can hurt a lot...too bad it doesn't get priority...which will still make it kind of inferior to dragonite...

As for altaria...all you dragon/ fairy doubters, I would gladly collect your tears now...>:D

Double edge basically becomes Brave Bird, while Thrash becomes a flying type Outrage of sorts, it's going to be a monster

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.