• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I believe devolution it's something that happened many times in our world, but I can't say anything else, because I'm not an expert on this topic. XD
Yeah. And I don't want them to make more and more devolutions. Just like they spammed Mega Evolution.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Damn typo.

I am wondering what they will do with the term "evolve". Regular evolution in pokémon is more similar to metamorphosis in real life. However if pokémon devolve by going back to their ancestors it will be more similar to real evolution, which is something completely different. Then again Groudon and Kyogre are the same individuals as they ancient devolve into so its also kind of like real life demetomorphosis (which isn't a thing). Hmmm....

No, it's nothing wrong with that. I used the opportunity to express that it it is way more likely that he will have a Mega Metagross instead of Mega Aggron and to bash the anime.

Oh well that i agree with ahaha yeah it will be mega metagross (if it exists) over the already existing one ahahah promotion is key!

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Well, Mewtwo, Kyogre and Groudon have megas, so what's the prob with Diancie?

Because it's not even released yet, and that it's a Gen VI Pokémon.
We don't even know it's statistics, and yet it's getting a Mega, what's the point of this?

Well the prehistorical devolution seems completely weird. First evolving further. Now de-evolving?! What is going on GF?

It's more like atomic regression actually. Think of them as how they were back when they created Hoenn. Like that, maybe atomic regression causes it to get even more power.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Totally agreed. This Pokemon isnt released, and has no connection with Hoenn.

The only thing I could think of is that it's got something to do with the new Pokémon movie soon, but that's all. And the movie will be out of theaters in Japan by November. Or, something about that sundial in Anistar, weren't Diancie and the sundial related?

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
The only thing I could think of is that it's got something to do with the new Pokémon movie soon, but that's all. And the movie will be out of theaters in Japan by November. Or, something about that sundial in Anistar, weren't Diancie and the sundial related?
The movie and the sundial could be the only reasons. But if the sundial was the reason, why didn't they give it a Mega when ORAS wasnt announced and XY were there?

rocky505

The movie and the sundial could be the only reasons. But if the sundial was the reason, why didn't they give it a Mega when ORAS wasnt announced and XY were there?

Probably to give us a reason to get Diancie(Aside from adding it to our collection) as it might do something in ORAS to obtain it's Mega Stone, we already know the event one comes with a Normal Gem so it can't come with the stone.

interludes

Dark type trainer
Maybe the Diancie Mega is just a semi-imposition to purchase poke bank: you get the event soley in XY, the stone in ORAS, and you should trade Diancie via bank, if you don't have 2 3DS. :p

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
1. I don't think we'll be getting Gen 4 remakes this gen. Assuming a third version or second pair in Kalos, plus the expected new-region game, I think it would be too much to also add a Sinnoh game to the mix - we'd be talking about five distinct games (not counting paired titles) within the generation. I just don't see that happening.

Meanwhile, they like to include other generation legendaries in games other than the first in a generation. We were able to get one of the three Sinnoh legendary dragons in Johto. I could see an opportunity to get either Palkia or Dialga in Hoenn at some point. And if they're going to make the change in this generation, I'd expect it to happen in this game.

I do like the idea of Ho-oh and Lugia alternate forms, but I think it's harder to explain the alternate forms... unless they're megas.
Ah, sorry, I through you were considering buffed up alternate formes instead of redistributed BST Formes. I just went head straight, sorry.

Yeah, regular alternate formes for the rest of the Origin Trio within this generation would be likely I think if they end up being distributed.
I don't understand how people associate Steven with Aggron. Metagross is his highest leveled pokémon. He gives you a Beldum. You will probably not even see his Aggron in the double battle in Emerald. Metagross is his first pokémon in World Tournament (all trainers have their ace as the 1st pokémon).

Honestly the only time Aggron is his ace is in the anime. If that misleads people to think that it is his ace in the games aswell I got yet another reason to dislike the anime.

That's no the only time animé changed up the aces of the game characters, for example Alder's signature is Bouffalant in the animé and it is openly stated to be his strongest, even though the entire point of his hairstyle comes from Volcarona.

But yes, considering that Steven's bracelets have been moved from his elbows to near his wrists to imitate Metagross' feet, I think Mega Metagross is very likely. Unfortunately, because it is supposed to be surprise for us, I don't think that we will see it in the pre-release period(not to mention Metagross is not trademarked, so they are not planning to have much Mega Metagross merchandise right now).

Probably to give us a reason to get Diancie(Aside from adding it to our collection) as it might do something in ORAS to obtain it's Mega Stone, we already know the event one comes with a Normal Gem so it can't come with the stone.
Not to mention Diancinite currently simply does not exist within X/Y at all, period, to ensure people to transfer Diancie to obtain the Mega Stone and buy the new games to do so.

Maybe the Diancie Mega is just a semi-imposition to purchase poke bank: you get the event soley in XY, the stone in ORAS, and you should trade Diancie via bank, if you don't have 2 3DS. :p

To be honest, that would just show PokeBank's biggest flaw: you can't store/transfer items.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Primal Devolution Formes....

Lord Helix will rise from his abysmal chambers of UU and bring the fury of a thousand Cthulhus, smiting the competition and the abominable Dome Fossilers with wicked retribution and holy Hydro Pumps!!! He will cleanse the un-pure for their union with Flareon the Antichrist, liberating them from the shackles of their most vilest of slights against his perfect and most magnificent existence!!! All hail Lord Helix!!!!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
Well the prehistorical devolution seems completely weird. First evolving further. Now de-evolving?! What is going on GF?

Devolving is actually something in nature, so I can see why GF is deciding to use that.

interludes

Dark type trainer
To be honest, that would just show PokeBank's biggest flaw: you can store/transfer items.

Well, if you could store items, what's the point of collecting items around every new game, or battling for BP to get choice items?

I just don't know how they intend to manage the mega stone situation: every game will contain every megastone released, or they'll come up with another tool to transfer them (and only them for the reason stated at the beginning?)

Aielyn

Not to mention Diancinite currently simply does not exist within X/Y at all, period, to ensure people to transfer Diancie to obtain the Mega Stone and buy the new games to do so.
It is likely to be added via an update (data-wise), anyway, so it's just a matter of getting Diancite - and it's possible that the update will provide a location for it within X/Y, if you have Diancie in the game. Since the 3DS allows updates, it's unlikely that they'll leave X/Y incompatible with the new megas, items, etc. It'll probably be both a downloadable update and an update that can be obtained via connecting with ORAS or updated X/Y, much as the Berry Glitch update for R/S could be obtained from various sources.

Devolving is actually something in nature
Say what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devolution_(biology)

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It is likely to be added via an update (data-wise), anyway, so it's just a matter of getting Diancite - and it's possible that the update will provide a location for it within X/Y, if you have Diancie in the game. Since the 3DS allows updates, it's unlikely that they'll leave X/Y incompatible with the new megas, items, etc. It'll probably be both a downloadable update and an update that can be obtained via connecting with ORAS or updated X/Y, much as the Berry Glitch update for R/S could be obtained from various sources.
Oh, I like this. I like this a lot.

Well, if you could store items, what's the point of collecting items around every new game, or battling for BP to get choice items?

I just don't know how they intend to manage the mega stone situation: every game will contain every megastone released, or they'll come up with another tool to transfer them (and only them for the reason stated at the beginning?)
Well both of them are plausible, and happened before. We got exclusive transfers for the event Beasts and Celebi, and we just recently saw Kalos get crammed with NPCs that have access to the event items you need. In addition, some of the Mega Stones have been purchasable, and the sundial's mechanic will likely not return for later iterations in different forms('cause its pretty stupid).

Mind you, I despise this, but we have to accept it alongside other traditions like Tutors and new alternate formes in each new intergenerational game. Besides, Mega Evolutions will be the hip thing for only this generation. We will see more alternate forme variations in future generations(maybe not in the seventh, but definitely in eight), because it is easier (and for this franchise in particular, better) to capitilize on past successes instead of creating even more new concepts and neglecting the old.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

Give this person an Oscar! Why is it so hard for people to realize this? If you've connected to Wi-Fi in the last 8 months, you know that XY carts are updatable because of the Lumoise City glitch, etc. Theoretically this gen is futureproof, as far as "add-on content" is concerned.

/discussion

Ajduk

Sceptile seems cool, but utterly useless.
The ability is such a miss...oh God...and before you start bashing me, Sceptile IS my favorite 3rd gen starter and
I am honestly disappointed.

Swampert...oh God...swift swim and DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Sceptile seems cool, but utterly useless.
The ability is such a miss...oh God...and before you start bashing me, Sceptile IS my favorite 3rd gen starter and
I am honestly disappointed.
You think it's bad? Immunity to Paralysis makes him maintain his speed. And against Electric Types if you have a water or flying type up you can easily switch out into Sceptile.

You think it's bad? Immunity to Paralysis makes him maintain his speed. And against Electric Types if you have a water or flying type up you can easily switch out into Sceptile.
The thing is that you could easily switch into Mega Sceptile against an Electric pokémon anyway. Besides, Limber is a better ability to deal with paralysis.

Aurath8

I am wondering what they will do with the term "evolve". Regular evolution in pokémon is more similar to metamorphosis in real life. However if pokémon devolve by going back to their ancestors it will be more similar to real evolution, which is something completely different. Then again Groudon and Kyogre are the same individuals as they ancient devolve into so its also kind of like real life demetomorphosis (which isn't a thing). Hmmm....

Actually de-metamorphosis sort of does occur. There is a species of jellyfish out there that can revert to a younger stage in its life cycle. This essentially makes it biologically immortal. Of course, Prehistoric Groudon/Kyogre will change forms faster than this in-game though.

That said, biological immortality is good way of explaining how potentially Groudon/Kyogre have survived since the birth of Hoenn itself thousands of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.