• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

How great of a typing is Dragon/Fairy? Seems pretty OP to me. Though I don't know exactly everything it's weak/strong against.

Still weak to Ice and fairy and gains Fairies weakness to steel and poison.

It gains a resistance vs. electric and loses half resistance to grass. Probably can get by ground types now? Loses rock weakness and half of ice weakness. Can't think of the rest at the moment.

Gains weakness to poison and steel of course.

1×-Normal, Flying, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Psychic
2×-Poison, Steel, Ice, Fairy
0×-Dragon
½×-Fighting, Bug, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Dark

Normal, Flying, Ghost, Psychic, Fairy, Fighting, Bug, Fire, and Water don't change at all.

It switches immunities from Ground to Dragon(I believe it is the only Dragon type to be immune to Dragon attacks as such).

It has two more resistances now and still has four weakness.

Overall, 10 types that can potentially do a lot of damage depending on various of factors. Wouldn't say the type itself is over powered, would depend on how Mega Altaria works.

This always confuses me, but how hard is it to point your camera at some sheets of paper, and upload it to the internet?

Really, I'd even settle for proof then text leaks until we can get the actual thing.

Unless I'm missing something, why is it so difficult?

I think it has to do with the fact that it's probably more risky to leak everything apposed to a few things. I think you can get in trouble for leaking(Although it probably is more of a problem if making money from it is involved).

I see this with everything really, maybe everyone just sucks at taking pictures.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
No idea. It must be hard though because think about how bad the scans or pictures tend to be sometimes. You can barely even tell what they are sometimes let alone read anything. So there must be something to it that is hard considering we get some bad scans sometimes.

There's nothing hard about it. They've been baiting the community for years. Interest wains and the website owners know this as much as the creators do. So they start each news leak entry with poor scans followed up by clearer scans and accurate information a day or two later.

Pure click bait.

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
I really like these new megas. They all look good and their typing and abilities are cool too. Mega Lopunnny is a really big surprise. Maybe this means you will be able to get Buneary in the wild in the game?

More than anything I like Salamences focus to fly. And not just fly but become an Ace pilot.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
This always confuses me, but how hard is it to point your camera at some sheets of paper, and upload it to the internet?

Really, I'd even settle for proof then text leaks until we can get the actual thing.

Unless I'm missing something, why is it so difficult?

Apparently the guy didn't want to be known (most likely because he might get introuble) but then Bulbapedia, Marrilland and a few other fansites named him so naturally people began to tweet him etc. so he stopped posting scans. Or at least that's what I heard.

Honestly though, I'm not holding out for any others now, unless scans come from a different source.

No idea. It must be hard though because think about how bad the scans or pictures tend to be sometimes. You can barely even tell what they are sometimes let alone read anything. So there must be something to it that is hard considering we get some bad scans sometimes.

I think its that they get a quick chance to see the magazine, and use what little chance they get to snap cellphone photos of the pages, that is unless they are releasing the scans with permission, sneaky promotion, they know people will want to see the full thing so they tease a bit. Sort of what Nintendo is doing with each of these reveals in a smaller scale, we get teases of things in game so we want the full thing more

PokeMaster366

Unless we're living in a world where the popularity of Lopunny surpasses the likes of the Nidos and Crobat (among others; I'd vouch for several others, too), I'm not sure how this confirms Poisons being ignored.

Poison types are basically the de facto lower class of the Pokemon world. Up to now, there has never been a legendary Pokemon who is a natural Poison type (meaning Arceus doesn't count!). Even Fairy got a Legendary Pokemon before Poison, which has been on the waiting list for years. There are also no Mega Evolutions whose primary typing is Poison, so it makes sense that it would be neglected.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Altaria's going to have a mean Dragon Dance set in Return, Earthquake, DD, & Roost/Heal Bell/etc. As a matter of fact, I'd forgoe Return for Facade on it due to the prevalence of burn this gen. Sadly, neither Cloud 9, nor Natural Cure are going to really benefit it before Mevoing. Fairy/Ground has near perfect coverage, and Pixilate is all it needed to turn it's offense from zero to hero. All of the other tools were there to begin with. Good call GF!

Ilan

Poison types are basically the de facto lower class of the Pokemon world. Up to now, there has never been a legendary Pokemon who is a natural Poison type (meaning Arceus doesn't count!). Even Fairy got a Legendary Pokemon before Poison, which has been on the waiting list for years. There are also no Mega Evolutions whose primary typing is Poison, so it makes sense that it would be neglected.

Zygarde might get a retype in pokemon "Z" since he should be the counter to the other 2 in the trio but he is actually gettign countered (on purpose) I guess he is gonna get changed to poison/electric to counter both in the trio instead of being weak to them by some way.. he is kyurem all over again..

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
and suddently 15 pages of text... lol

not gonna read though all those, people talk fast when an update comes.

Anyways, my views (hope I didn't miss anything in that 15 pages)

Mega Lopunny... did not see that coming, no one even talked about it at all... but it looks like Japan people likes them bunny girls (even if they're males) LOL

OMG, Mega Alteria is like 1000% more fluffy. so cute, want a Plush NOW

Mega Salamence looks like it's based on one of those old anime Fighter Jets (the wings are to emphasis the "speed" of the Jets)
Also, it doesn't matter if there are "arms" or not, if anything arms would just provide wind resistance and thus reducing the stream-line speed look.

Shiny Mega Metagross... lol, the color scheme is the same, except the X is blue instead of gold.

Also, looks like Cosplay-Pikachu isn't exclusive to Pokemon-Amie, being we see screenshots of it battling while in outfits, so cute.
But I wonder if this is still Pikachu only tho...

GDK

I'm hoping there is more. It would be dumb for them to say this month would be a Mega Evolution scoop and then only give us three...

Well it's a scoop related to mega evolution.

They never said it would be a megaton, it's a scoop, meaning a thing you didn't know, and guess what, nobody knew about these megas also they got the info exclusively so they didn't lie.

Actually I was only expecting 2 megas (camerupt and sharpedo but still not there).

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
...Are there really only four Megas being released this month?

CoroCoro worded itself as if we'd get a slew of Mega-related news in their next issue. What has been shown so far has only been about 50% relevant (I never was much of a Contest fan). Still, what they did with Pikachu, although gimmicky, is still pretty great in concept.

Last edited:

DasManiac

...Is there really only just four Megas being released this month?

CoroCoro worded itself as if we'd get a slew of Mega-related news in their next issue. What has been shown so far has oky been about 50% relevant (I never was much of a Contest fan). Still, what they did with Pikachu, although gimmicky, is still pretty great in concept.

There are still more pages to be revealed. You can tell because the big rainbow text forms a circle and we only see a portion of it. Looks like there could four more pages to come.

lavanda

Really feeling it
Anyways, my views (hope I didn't miss anything in that 15 pages)

Mega Lopunny... did not see that coming, no one even talked about it at all... but it looks like Japan people likes them bunny girls (even if they're males) LOL
Then you missed something. It's my favorite new Mega. I just hope not many people become wet about it to the point of becoming the new Gardevoir and starting fanservice rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.