• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Mega Salamence kinda looks like a spaceship and the fact that Mega Altaria is Dragon/Fairy is kinda a fantasy come true, because I imagined a Pokemon with that type combination. With Metagross and Salamence getting a Mega Evolutions, won't that make them too powerful? Aren't they powerful enough? I don't know, I don't follow the metagame.

That's seems to be a rule. Already powerful Pokémon get a boost. M-Blaziken, M-Mewtwo, etc.

Ilan

Also confirmed M-Luppuny is getting HJK! which means it would be devasting! also happy the rumor of getting higher sp.attack was false she doesn't even have good special attacks.. she needs to have -20 special attack and add those points to attack and speed it needs to have 176 attack(+100) and 125 speed(+20) to be any relevant since she doesn't have swords dance.. :(

If M-Altaria gets big boosts to both offenses then it will be a wall with hyper voice/flamethrower/toxic or refresh or dragon pulse(for fire types)/roost or a set up sweeper return/earthquake/roost/dragon dance.

M-Salamence is getting to ubers for sure. till then? mamoswine will be a must on every team to check him. having a base 240 attack with base 130+ attack is ridiculus.

Last edited:

Rhonder

Raise in attack and sp ATK for altaria makes me a sad panda. I wanted it to get all the defenses in the world so I could use a perish song set.

Oman, I'm completely the opposite. I'm super glad those are where it's stat growths are focused so that Altaria can transcend from just okay/mediocre attack stats to something that can potentially wreck face with pixilate. I understand why it would be nice as a defensive poke, but i personally prefer offensive ones xD

Aerialate + more defense for Salamence actually seems really neat. Might very well over write Char X for my go to dragon mega now xD A little speed would be lovely tho, even 10 points. It looks really streamlined so hopefully!

Lopunny is borderline the best thing they announced imo. Mostly just because it officially opens up the possibility for out of generation in game megas (So like, not counting diancie since it'll be an event mega). Now I can officially hope for all sorts of things, like mega crobat for example, despite being a gen 2 pokemon. That aside, Lopunny itself is fun just because I used it in my original Pearl team back when those games were out. Will give me a reason to go revisit the mon. Scrappy's not the ideal ability i'd like it to have (only useful in certain limited situations) but it's not bad either.

Definitely a good news day :D

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
So Mega Alteria's getting a boost to Attack and Special Attack. The question is, will it be an even boost or will one outdo the other. And where will the other points go.

Ilan

So Mega Alteria's getting a boost to Attack and Special Attack. The question is, will it be an even boost or will one outdo the other. And where will the other points go.
If it's even and it gets only offensive boost I hope it get boosted more on physical attack so it can go sweeper easily.. but it looks more like it will be more special attack as it's fluffy.
it might get a defense boost as well.. which is nice since we need a physical fairy wall.
Mega Salamence kinda looks like a spaceship and the fact that Mega Altaria is Dragon/Fairy is kinda a fantasy come true, because I imagined a Pokemon with that type combination. With Metagross and Salamence getting a Mega Evolutions, won't that make them too powerful? Aren't they powerful enough? I don't know, I don't follow the metagame.

Actually those 2 got out of the OU metagame.. they needed a boost to stay relevant.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
I dunno, I think Scrappy is a pretty neat ability for Lopunny because now her STAB combination can't be completely resisted by anything.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Probably has been said but BIG SCOOP or wtv it was called means only 3 mega evos? I was expecting like 5 or 6.

Anyway thye look good nice that they arent all 3rd gen.

Last edited:

Ezzy

Dark Type Gym Leader
Mega Salamence with D-Dance Outrage Double-Edge Earthquake/D-Claw......nothing is living. Also what is he actually supposed to be, a spaceship? A kite? xD

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It's also been said that there're more pages to be leaked.

People say this every month for a while now and most of the times we get nothing else, I dont think it makes much sense for the leaker to only scan part of the info and if he did he would probably tell us about the rest I guess.

Hopefully Masuda shows a new one at Gamescon(I believe he will be there).

Luthor

I think it's unlikely for Lati@s to be in that corner along with regular Pokémon. But there might not be a fourth Mega at all, that quarter of the circle might be a explanation of mega evolution mechanics or something.

I think it's unlikely as well(given that would be 4 dragons in one issue) but i think being prepared for something like that is a good precaution.

Ilan

I dunno, I think Scrappy is a pretty neat ability for Lopunny because now her STAB combination can't be completely resisted by anything.
Nobody said it's a bad ability,it's a great ability, it just needs a lot of attack to compensate for the lack of item and it will be perfect.. add rapid spin so it can be the best rapid spinner in the game :p.

Probably has been said but BIG SCOOP or wtv it was called means only 3 mega evos? I was expecting like 5 or 6
I predict there will be actually 6.. there might be other pages I guess the mega below altaria and another page with mega camerupt and mega sharpedo.

R_N

It's also been said that there're more pages to be leaked.

And those pages are likely for the anime & Tcg, as per the usual.

Last month we also had 4 pages, there's no reason to expect more here.

People say this every month for a while now and most of the times we get nothing else, I dont think it makes much sense for the leaker to only scan part of the info and if he did he would probably tell us about the rest I guess.

Hopefully Masuda shows a new one at Gamescon(I believe he will be there).

While I'm not hyped for more pages, that pretty much is what he did. iirc, the source of this also deleted them all of his twitter shortly after posting them

Zoldakin

where are all those fairy type mega altaria skeptics now hue hue hue. jk lol

I like the new megas announced. I think salamence was a given and altaria is nice. Lopunny is great because it hints towards an expanded dex that includes more than cross gen evos as well as non gen 3 megas. Between the megas and contests info, I'm pretty satisfied with this month's scans.

Mega Altaria is starting to remind me of Mega Ampharos. With all the added fluff I think it may be time for an end to Ampharos' reign as the mega evolution with the best hair..... But on a serious note, im only noticing that MegaMence has arms now and I must admit i like the design alittle better too. Im still not keen on the joined wing boomerang part though.

Last edited:

R_N

My biggest stumbling block for megamence is mostly just...how does it...fly

Like I know it shouldn't bug me because there's a number of flying pokemon that "fly" for no real reason (Garchomp!) but this is just so...weird.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Like I know it shouldn't bug me because there's a number of flying pokemon that "fly" for no real reason (Garchomp!) but this is just so...weird.

What's stranger still is that its in-game model in XY levitates... despite having wings...

Yea and the fact its arms look like arms as opposed to legs make me feel like it will be bipedal rather than quadruped. The wing(s) is an interesting yet odd addition and dont seem to aid flight in any way. But this is Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega

So Altaria's attacks get the bigger boost, not defenses? Surprised by that. Could still get some boost for them. But I guess for now, I imagine it looking something like 75/100(30)/100(10)/100(30)/115(10)/100(20). Doesn't have anything to boost it's Special stats(I would have assumed it had Calm Mind but no).

Salamence's Defense sounds like it'll get a big boost. I still think it'll get some for all its stats. Something like 95/140(5)/130(50)/130(20)/85(5)/120(20)

Status
Not open for further replies.