• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
My biggest stumbling block for megamence is mostly just...how does it...fly

Like I know it shouldn't bug me because there's a number of flying pokemon that "fly" for no real reason (Garchomp!) but this is just so...weird.

It probably flies the same way Latios and Latias do, or at least like a spaceship based on those wings

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Flygon isn't necessarily Salamence's counterpart though.

Also having three dragons types (5 if you include Latias and Latios) all get megas in one generation may be one too many for gamefreak, though i really do hope Flygon gets a mega

My biggest stumbling block for megamence is mostly just...how does it...fly

Like I know it shouldn't bug me because there's a number of flying pokemon that "fly" for no real reason (Garchomp!) but this is just so...weird.

It almost looks like a glider, so it doesn't really make sense for it to levitate or fly. Perhaps the new "wings" have more mobility than we think, we'll properly get a better look when a trailer is shown and we can see a moving model of it

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
What's stranger still is that its in-game model in XY levitates... despite having wings...

To be fair, it's not the only one. Xatu, Skarmory, Swellow and other Flying types also don't move their wings at all for some reason, they just glide in place awkwardly.

Luthor

Mega Altaria is starting to remind me of Mega Ampharos. With all the added fluff I think it may be time for an end to Ampharos' reign as the mega evolution with the best hair..... But on a serious note, im only noticing that MegaMence has arms now and I must admit i like the design alittle better too. Im still not keen on the joined win boomerang part though.

they are quite hard to spot. It is going to be destructive. That leaves only Hydreigon, Goodra & Dragonite of the pseudo legendaries yet to get a megaevolution. So far.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
So guys, I was wondering is this our lot for this month, or could there potentially be more on the way in CoroCoro? Still hoping for Mega Flygon!

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I think Altaria was handled poorly stat wise but I love it's design.

Combined with Intimidate in it's base form it sounds like the defense boosted Mega-Salamence is going to have an easy time setting up Dragon Dance.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still like Mega Salamence, although not enough to actually want to use one frequently. I've warmed up to Mega Altaria as well, but I would've preferred Mega Milotic instead.

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
Nobody knows as of yet, but it get more unlikely there more as time goes on i guess

I'm sure more megas that don't make it into corocoro will make it into the games when they come out. I'm sure they want to save some surprises.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Been trying to figure out stats.

Lopunny---->Mega Lopunny
Hp: 65---->65
Att: 76---->126 or 136 (+50 or 60)
Def:84---->94(+10)
Sp.A:54---->54(+0)
Sp.D:96---->106(+10)
Spd:105---->135 or 125(+30 or 20)

Alteria---->Mega Alteria
HP:75---->75
Att:70---->105(+35)
Def:90---->95(+5)
Sp.A:70---->105(+35)
Sp.D:105---->110(+5)
Spd:80---->100(+20)

Salamence---->Mega Salamence
HP:95---->95
Att:135---->145(+10)
Def:80---->160(+80)
Sp.A:110---->120(+10)
Sp.D:80---->90(+10)
Spd:100---->90(-10)

urrutiap

No more mega evolutions. No more. Im tired of them. I keep getting butt kicked by people who use Mega Evolution Blazikens and Mewtwos etc.

ENOUGH already

shadowF

I guess we can leave out dragon/fairy for mega milotic since I doubt they would give it the same type as mega altaria, I guess that leaves water/dragon or water/fairy for mega milotic.

lavanda

Really feeling it
Lol it's interesting how people only laugh at realistic and grounded guesses, when no one even complained about Altaria being Fairy. Complete opposite if it was revealed to keep Dragon/Flying... Anyway it's typing is nice and unique but I'll take some time getting used to all that oomph in fluff and body.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
No more mega evolutions. No more. Im tired of them. I keep getting butt kicked by people who use Mega Evolution Blazikens and Mewtwos etc.

ENOUGH already

are you aware that you're capable of utilizing those mechanics yourself

Photonkrios95

I guess we can leave out dragon/fairy for mega milotic since I doubt they would give it the same type as mega altaria, I guess that leaves water/dragon or water/fairy for mega milotic.

Dragon/Fairy wouldn't have been an option.

BurningWhiteKyurem

It was more of a defensive pokemon then an offensive. Instead of improving on what it was they decided to do a 180 with it's purpose.

Not all mega evolutions play onto a Pokemon's purpose though. Some like Mewtwo X, Charizard X, and Garchomp provide new strategies, such as being physically oriented (when their original state was specially oriented), and being a mixed wallbreaker respectively.

If you ask me, Altaria definitely needs the boost considering its miserable offenses (and it has potential thanks to DDance, Earthquake, Return in its moveset).

Klay

Titan Tamer
Mega Salamance look threatening, that +100BSP... like some beast, you'll probably need a pkmn or tactic just to counter this mon!
M-Altaria... fans have bee asking it since it get Moonblast and have the Fairy like quality so good thing.
And I couldn't care less about M-Lopunny, THE KING Mega Venusaur can take care of it!
Iam still hoping for M-Magmortar

Status
Not open for further replies.