• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
That wouldn't work though, because you can't switch in a Mega, it needs another turn to Mega Evolve.

Yeah true, but I was thinking along the lines of having it ME and force something out (having it come in safely and do so of course) and then having it in the back to screw with the opponents head. "Do I want to T-Bolt?" Mind games and such.

Ezzy

Dark Type Gym Leader
That wouldn't work though, because you can't switch in a Mega, it needs another turn to Mega Evolve. Lightningrod on Mega Sceptile is near useless because the opponent can predict you're going to run Mega Sceptile ahead of time and they wouldn't dare use an Electric type move on it, the only situation I can see it being useful is in Double Battles.
That's why you Mega Evolve it near the beginning of the battle.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
That's actually viable as well but camo is definitely a bit more splotchy all over the place and the way it's patterned seems to "show off" the fur underneath (or that would be if he was wearing leggings).

Cammo wear is different depending on the enviroment this is more of a street or red soil cammo design with strees points in the juncts to evoke shadows from human structures. I also think its is street camo given that he is in a battle stance used both in savate and submission battle styles often reffered as barricade. Wich allos quick feework without losing travk of your gravity center. I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT ANIMATED TO just to see if this bunny brawler keeps the legs on the move and balances its shouldrrs and arms accordingly. TLDR loppuny looks like a mixed martial artist wearing clothes used for urban enviroment. I liked the work they did on this guy ears to keep it sonewhat girly, but this pose means serious bussines for anyone that has practiced mixed martial arts AND IM LOVING IT. Cant wait to breed a male one with high jump kick and nickname it lievre du mer honoring one of the greatest savate figthers of the past century.

Last edited:

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
On the other hand, Mega Swampert should work very nicely in a rain-centric amphibian takeover...

I never actually noticed how much Mega Lopunny looks like a savate fighter until you mentioned that...
That's why you Mega Evolve it near the beginning of the battle.

At that point they know exactly what you're trying to pull and simply wouldn't use electric attacks until Megatile is KO'ed.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
At that point they know exactly what you're trying to pull and simply wouldn't use electric attacks until Megatile is KO'ed.

Exactly. The second you even send Sceptile out, they're going to anticipate Mega Sceptile. And because you have to send him out first before Mega Evolving him, there's no way you can surprise them with it. I think in general, abilities like Lightingrod don't work well with the entire concept of Mega Evolutions, they both having conflicting purposes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The more I look at Mega Lopunny, the more it seems to resemble a balloon animal imo. Anyway, thus far the only OR/AS Mega that I plan to use regularly is Mega Swampert.

I really like the designs of mega swampert and mega sceptile, but their abilities ruined it. Swift swim only activates in rain. Rain got nerfed this so swift swim will be preety useless. Also lightning rod is useless because who would be stupid enough to use electric type moves against sceptile? Sorry to those who dissagree with me.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
TLDR loppuny looks like a mixed martial artist wearing clothes used for urban enviroment.

Oh I was def thinking about it being MMA related (Fighting type again) but I don't know much about MMA to consider it.

Plus, I assumed people used leggings in MMA. <_<

The more I look at Mega Lopunny, the more it seems to resemble a balloon animal imo.

It's that damn "hair".

skgameboy

Im predicting megas for shiftry and dusknoir, just because they went through the trouble of introducing them along with sidney and phoebe. i think each elite four member plus steven will get a mega for one of their pokemon...and maybe that weird aarune lady's flygon

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Oh I was def thinking about it being MMA related (Fighting type again) but I don't know much about MMA to consider it.

Plus, I assumed people used leggings in MMA. <_<

Trust me we dont. It wiuld give an unfair advantage to use leggings due to them being somewhat slippy.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
M-Lopunny looks nice and I love Scrappy as an ability.

WOW, predictions were on point! Dragon/Fairy M-Altaria, reminds me of the DKC3 Banana Bird Queen lol, kinda uglee. And so is M-Salamence. They got pretty amazing abilites, though.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I'm actually liking the new Megas, I mean if they're gonna give all the Pseudo Legends A Mega we might as well accept it (Where is my Mega Hydreigon GF?) Mega Mence isn't the best looking but I think they could've done so much worse, Aerialate opens Salamence up to new sets so I'm all for it

Mega Lopunny is definitely something interesting, I see it playing a similar role as Mega Heracross useful but under utilized

And the MVP, Mega Altaria, I see this thing getting instant OU/UU status off typing alone, Stab Draco and Moonblast is nothing to laugh at, Plus DD and Cotton Guard, this thing checks Both Mega Charizards, which is pretty good

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.

Ilan

Game freak made what could have been amazing megas into ok megas. Mega sceptile has a nice design but they gave it lightning rod, which is useless. Who would be stupid enough to use electric type moves against sceptile? And since rain got nerfed, swampert's swift swim is useless. Also, I find rain teams bad even in gen 5. Rain lowers the power of fire type moves and rain teams rely on water types and and water types are weak against grass types and the best counter against grass types are fire types. I will probably choose torchic for my team. Have a look at my team for pokemon alpha sapphire by clicking this link.View attachment 13212
Nobody is gonna use electric moves agaisnt sceptile but he is gonna switch into one also in doubles it discourages thunder wave..

"fire is the best counter to grass types" I disagree.. grass has more weaknesses than fire.. it's weak to ice,flying and bug aswell as grass types have other weaknesses based on the secoundary type.

Ti4558

Wow Mega Mence, Taria, and surprising M Bunny are confirmed plus contests! So ready for this game! I was really suprised to see mega lobonny that came out of no where. Winona looks way cooler and I wonder if Altaria will be flying/Dragon or fairy/dragon what are your thoughts guys!

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I don't think I could ever properly put into words how deeply I love Mega Altaria. She's been my favorite pokemon ever since I first saw her in my Ruby game when I was 12 and now... now she's even more gorgeous than before <3

I'm also excited about the new possibilities for battling, of course. The dragon/fairy type is a much better combo than the previous dragon/flying, and the new ability can also be used pretty effectively...
Also by the looks of it, I'm willing to bet she'll get a boost in her defenses. She's always been more "defensive" than most dragons, especially after a cotton guard. I can't wait to use her.

I don't mind Lopunny, it only makes me wonder how far GF is capable of going when hinting at... well, naughtyness. Now you can't even pretend she's being painted that way by fans, I mean they gave her ripped black tights for crying out loud XD

And Mega Salamence is just so unexpected and weird it's impossible not to love xDDD

Also, I've just realized that Mega Metagross totally looks like Cave Story's final boss. Ever since he was revealed I knew he remined me of something I'd seen before. And this morning in bed it just finally hit me.
Just thought I'd share this with someone...

Last edited:

Ti4558

Wow Mega Altaria is Dragon/Fairy with Pixialte this is exactly what I wanted I love you GF! Plus Normal/fighting (Scrappy) Lobunny and Aerilate Salamence! These things will kill everything! Forget X and Y Megas.

Last edited:

lavanda

Really feeling it
Wait, what does sock-pants have to do with sexualization? Is that a fetish somewhere? I have always seen them as a formal wear, unless they're ragged. In fact regular Lopunny looks way more suggesting than the Mega form. Also I never noticed the ears look like a balloon animal, haha. It was probably not intended to look like one.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Wait, what does sock-pants have to do with sexualization? Is that a fetish somewhere? I have always seen them as a formal wear, unless they're ragged. In fact regular Lopunny looks way more suggesting than the Mega form. Also I never noticed the ears look like a balloon animal, haha. It was probably not intended to look like one.

As somebody else mentioned, they are most likely based on ripped leggings, which are innocent enough: http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/223980/david-lerner-ripped-leggings-profile.jpg

Ripped pantyhose, on the other hand, do tend to get fetishized, at least over here in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.