• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasty

Moonside
Imo Mega Salamence looks really cool, it reminds me of a space battleship. The only thing I really hate about it are its arms inbetween his "metal-suit". That part looks like a 2-year-old came up with that idea. :S

Lacking art, I hope it looks better ingame.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Poison could use a Mega. Poor type never got a legendary. Make a Mega Weezing, give it a secondary steel typing, since it's based on navel mines, let it keep levitate, and watch the fairies cry.

We have Mega Gengar, actually. But yeah, I'd be down for another Poison type Mega. I'd be down for something like Mega Crobat or Mega Drapion.

roserade the warrior

Game freak made what could have been amazing megas into ok megas. Mega sceptile has a nice design but they gave it lightning rod, which is useless. Who would be stupid enough to use electric type moves against sceptile? And since rain got nerfed, swampert's swift swim is useless. Also, I find rain teams bad even in gen 5. Rain lowers the power of fire type moves and rain teams rely on water types and and water types are weak against grass types and the best counter against grass types are fire types. I will probably choose torchic for my team. Have a look at my team for pokemon alpha sapphire by clicking this link.View attachment 13212

Actually, Lighningrod is very good. It gives the pokemon an inmunity, it can protect allies in double and triple, a boost in Sp. Attack if it gets attacked by an electric move, and the most cool thing: It cannot be paralyzed by any electric moves, which means he can only be paralyzed by glare (which is only learned by serpentine-like pokemon,), body slam (this one is a problem though) and any other move I might be forgetting.
About M-Swampert swift swim... well it is not a bad ability, is just odd in M-Swampert.
But talking about weather, actually Rain was one of the best, you could use water pokemon, grass pokemon or any other pokemon weak to fire, and you would only care for electric types and thunder users (grass types have too many weaknesses to be a real threat: bug, flying, fire, poison and ice), which you only needed a ground pokémon (the best options are Swampert and Quagsire, specially because they are only weak to grass type). Now that I think of it, M-Swampert is gonna have Swift Swim, which means he will get a boost in speed (even if they are only 10 points it will still be a lot) or not be touched at all, which means he will outspeed very easily a lot of grass pokemon during rain (even Normal-Sceptile WITHOUT Choice Scarf), and thanks to the fact that he learns Ice punch thats not a real problem.
But anyway, yeah, they could have probably thought of something better, like Iron fist for M-Swampert (with those fist...), and some kind of ability similar to Unburden to M-Sceptile, or Adaptability. But thats just the past.

skgameboy

Maybe Blaziken. I know it sounds crazy but Charizard got two Megas because it is the most popular Kanto starter, and Blaziken is the most popular Hoenn starter IMO. Plus they might want to make Blaziken relevent again since NO ONE will pick Blaziken because his Mega isn't new. Giving him a new one might fix that problem.

But umm...no ones mega is new at this point...and I think blaziken is too OP already to add another mega. I think this is all were gonna see from the hoenn starters for now

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
The devastation a mega salamence could cause with extreme speed would be insane. I doubt GF are crazy enough to do it.

I dunno, it's not like they haven't trolled us before :p

It's getting a primary boost in Defense. Defense.

Either way, that wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about its utterly laughable design.
I have to agree with this one. Looks like a giant glider. And what's with the Latios like arms?

Snivy18

Well, there's a Mega Salamence, hopefully it can gain a boost on Attack and Sp. Atk. It can make Salamence a better striking Pokemon.

daljack

Metagross Man
I love how everyone is hating on Salamence's design, but is okay with Altaria's for some reason.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I love how everyone is hating on Salamence's design, but is okay with Altaria's for some reason.
Because Altaria's actually makes sense while Salamence's is just... I dunno, strange.

Penguin888

a t l a n t i s
When are we getting the rest of the leaks?

Penguin888

a t l a n t i s
Leaks dont operate on a strict time schedule so whenever someone both gets the magazine early and then also decides to post pictures

I understand this, just didn't know if any Japanese twitter user like Chisa_Suiran was talking about it.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I may be the only one that thinks this... but M-Altaria reminds me of a Peacock. Just the way the clouds on it look I guess.

I just hope I get my Mega Tropius in this game...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I literally laughed when I saw Mega Salamence and I still laugh when looking at it! I can't take the design seriously at all. I mean, the wings are cool, but what happened to its body?! It's head is almost as big!
Personally, I think Mega Salamence looks like a rip-off of Latios & Latias mixed with aspects of spaceships & fighter jets

Last edited:

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
Poison could use a Mega. Poor type never got a legendary. Make a Mega Weezing, give it a secondary steel typing, since it's based on navel mines, let it keep levitate, and watch the fairies cry.

I really like your idea, just add Recover via Eggmove and voilà.

Also I'd like to see Mega-Seviper and Mega-Zangoose they could be exclusive to the versions it make sense to me.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Actually, Lighningrod is very good. It gives the pokemon an inmunity, it can protect allies in double and triple, a boost in Sp. Attack if it gets attacked by an electric move, and the most cool thing: It cannot be paralyzed by any electric moves, which means he can only be paralyzed by glare (which is only learned by serpentine-like pokemon,), body slam (this one is a problem though) and any other move I might be forgetting.
About M-Swampert swift swim... well it is not a bad ability, is just odd in M-Swampert.
But talking about weather, actually Rain was one of the best, you could use water pokemon, grass pokemon or any other pokemon weak to fire, and you would only care for electric types and thunder users (grass types have too many weaknesses to be a real threat: bug, flying, fire, poison and ice), which you only needed a ground pokémon (the best options are Swampert and Quagsire, specially because they are only weak to grass type). Now that I think of it, M-Swampert is gonna have Swift Swim, which means he will get a boost in speed (even if they are only 10 points it will still be a lot) or not be touched at all, which means he will outspeed very easily a lot of grass pokemon during rain (even Normal-Sceptile WITHOUT Choice Scarf), and thanks to the fact that he learns Ice punch thats not a real problem.
But anyway, yeah, they could have probably thought of something better, like Iron fist for M-Swampert (with those fist...), and some kind of ability similar to Unburden to M-Sceptile, or Adaptability. But thats just the past.
You gorgot cyclone Specially offensive flying types enjoy the rainfest while having almost ne resistance in OU.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
It's getting a primary boost in Defense. Defense.

Either way, that wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about its utterly laughable design.
When has Mega gotten boost in only one stat? It'll probably get at least 10 more points in Attack and/or Speed. And I definitely agree about the design, in fact the very first thing I did when I saw it was laugh.
Altaria's design actually looks good, though. Salamence's looks goofy with the single wing (how does that even work? Does it just glide now?) and what looks to me like a disproportionately small body and disproportionately long neck (or its head just too big for everything else). MegaAltaria just has a longer tail and more fluff, nothing too different from normal Altaria.

Floette

Fennekin
Extremely pleased with M-Altaria. The design is great, makes sense, just perfect. The re-typing is great too. Exactly what I hoped for! M-Lopunny looks nice but I think it would be 10x better with shorter (or just more well-designed) ears. I like M-Salamence's design because its obviously focusing on flight due to his shape. Looks like he is about to be travelling at lightening speed. It is going to be so overpowered that I just can't see it anywhere but Ubers tbh. Either way the only one I'll use from these on my team is probably Altaria. I've loved Swablu & Altaria since I first played Hoenn but their 4x weakness to ice bothered me too much.

I'm hoping we get a 4th Mega revealed but I'm satisfied enough with the perfection of Altaria's design not to complain if we don't :p

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
Someone told me Mega Altaria looked like a Santa...

PS: Is that Mega Lopunny going to be for both genders?

They should really make one for male version...

Like X Y stones, 2 different mega evolves, one for female, one for males? LOL

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I saw a picture of an awesome looking fanart Mega Glalie (that surprisingly looked a loot like Zurg from Toy Story...). It looked kind of like a robot with Glalie's head and then a huge body (with Glalie's face on the front) and arms and legs. It looked freaking awesome which makes me want a Steel/Ice Mega Glalie to happen. Even though it would have horrendous 4x weaknesses to Fire and Fighting (2 of the most common attacking types), it would still be so cool, maybe with a decrease in Speed of like 20 stat points to give 120 to add in other stats would be cool. Maybe something like 80 - 120 (40) - 100 (20) - 120 (40) - 100 (20) - 60 (-20), or maybe a bigger focus in Defense and Sp Defense to make it tankier but still a good attacking threat.

If Ice/Steel didn't work, I could also see Ice/Ghost or Ice/Dark, though these typings also have flaws defensively. Man, Ice type sucks defensively :/

Status
Not open for further replies.