• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
How can you evens see anything? The screenshot is so teeny!

OH, the blue thing? Isn't that the Alpha orb (probably taking over the role of the Blue Orb)?

I only use Fire starter in Generation 1 since I am not a fan of Fire/ Fighting combination in three consecutive generation. I used Grass starter in Ruby/ Sapphire and I will stick to that in ORAS.

Mega Sceptile does look boss but I have to go with the hulking Mega Swampert. I've always wanted to pick Mudkip anyways.

Aielyn

By bad I mean worse. And from your previous post I it looked like you agreed that Limber would have been way better than Lightning Rod.
Sure Glare might get a few more users, but I don't ever think it will be a common sight.

I would have prefered Unburden, that was an interesting ability. I would even prefer Overgrow over Lightning Rod.

I also would have liked a physical/mixed Mega Sceptile, I would be glad if Sceptile with Leaf Blade finally could be useful.
I don't think Limber is a better option. Limber prevents paralysis... but Lightningrod has more use, especially in double and triple battles. Mega Sceptile + Gyarados, for instance.

Unburden with a Mega Pokemon? That would be the worst ability ever as the Pokemon can't dispense of its item. Overgrow is risky though, as you can't predict what will happen, especially with a Pokemon with so many weaknesses.

I'm a bit ashamed now. Somehow I remembered that Mega-Evolving consumed the stone. Nevermind then. However I do think Overgrow would be better. It is a bit risky but you don't lose anything. With Lightning Rod you don't seem to gain anything either unless playing doubles.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Not much no, except some confidence that your opponent is unsafe using Electric-type attacks, but there are many alternatives. Electric is usually paired with Ice for the near-flawless coverage anyway, and this definitely isn't good news for Sceptile.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I can definitely see Swampert's defences being boosted at least 30 apiece, if not more. Good job it has no recovery item or moves, as otherwise I think it would be completely devastating. It's a shame Swift Swim sort of discourages Curse though......

Well, no one's saying you've got to use it on a rain team. I think having Swift Swim makes it more versatile, you can use it in different ways depending on circumstance.

billybobjoefizz

Call me nick. K? k.
Can we all agree that swampert looks like he could be an absolute WALL?

shadowF

so what dragon type moves will really help mega sceptile?

zhixun

so what dragon type moves will really help mega sceptile?

I guess Ryu No Hadou/ Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dive, Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail will be great for Jukain. It is quite difficult for me to choose two of them since these are quite awesome in my opinion.

Aielyn

I guess Ryu No Hadou/ Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dive, Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail will be great for Jukain. It is quite difficult for me to choose two of them since these are quite awesome in my opinion.
I just thought I'd note that "Dragon Dive" is "Dragon Rush" in English.

Anyway, I'd say that the natural ones would be Dragon Pulse and Dragon Tail, since Mega Sceptile's tail is clearly a major element of its body, and it would need a Special attack to make use of Lightningrod.

Curo

Water Trainer
I'm not a fan of mega Sceptile's looks. I didn't like Swamparts at first but it grew on me...I think that both have great abities.

NightShadow

I really hope they give Swampert the moves Bulk Up and Slack Off (As egg moves or normal level up, I don't care) Okay, Slack Off might be a little OP, but I would even settle for Aqua Ring over Rest :/

Last edited:

Curo

Water Trainer
Yea...if it doesn't have bulk up that just wouldn't seem right...it's mega evo is so freakin bulky...

Ayrafeneres

~Contest Master~
I don't know about you all, but, to me, Diancie's Mega Evo makes it look even more like a girl. The other Megas really don't look REALLY eye-catching. As always, the only ones worth anything are Blazikan, Charizard X, Mewtwo Y, Absol, and now Diancie. All others really are pretty boring, to me anyway. But the Prehistorics for Groudon and Kyogre look pretty cool.

~Ayra~;267;

Curo

Water Trainer
I don't like most of the megas either. Mega Blastoise looks the best to me...Mega Blaziken still looks the best of the hoenn starters

NightFire7

Well as far as I am concerned Mega swampert looks so much like a boss. I like all the mega evos, I don't think any of them are boring. But then again I am a lot less judgemental when it comes to pokemon designs nowadays. Hopefully some more megas will surface.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
The only mega I will use will be mega diancie ,forget the starters I'm just gonna box them up and enjoy mega Diancies beauty...nuff said

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I just thought I'd note that "Dragon Dive" is "Dragon Rush" in English.

Anyway, I'd say that the natural ones would be Dragon Pulse and Dragon Tail, since Mega Sceptile's tail is clearly a major element of its body, and it would need a Special attack to make use of Lightningrod.

Kind of wish they have used Dragon Dive instead of Dragon Rush. Dragon Dive sounds cool. on the topic of the Megas: I am surprised the first gen 6 mega we get was a Pokemon that hasn't even officially been given out let.

Groudon and Kyogre's Devolution don't look that impressive to me. They just added some glow unlike previous form-changing legendaries like Giratina and Kyurem. I have the feeling I'm the only one with this opinion though...

Thank God Mega Sceptile is Dragon/Grass (the first one if I recall) because Lightningrod doesn't really add much to it's versatility imo. It's design still kicks butt.
Mega Swampert is by far my favourite design wise. It just looks like a Tank ready to Rollout you to death lol. And Swift Swim made me chuckle a bit.
I am also looking forward to Mega Diancie's unknown ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.