• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
I think Mega Vileplume could go two ways:

1. He becomes really shiny and beautiful like Liligant.

2. He becomes really scary, with a depressed face and poison dropping from his flower.

Both of these would be really cool.

Rakurai

If they ever end up making a Mega Flygon, I think I'd want to have Tinted Lens as its ability, for the sake of giving it unresisted STAB on nearly everything.

Tell that to the bunch that has been forcing defensive Ice-types down our throats for nearly two decades... :p

At least they finally managed make a decent one in the form of Avalugg.

The only way I'd accept a tanky Mega Hydreigon is if they decided to make it a Dragon/Steel type like they had been planning to with its original design.

Last edited:

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

2. He becomes really scary, with a depressed face and poison dropping from his flower.

Hmmm... I actually don't know which of those I like more... The latter reminds me of his prevo, Gloom, which might be neat, seeing him kinda revert back to that sappy gloomy lil flower guy... But then I like the idea of him "blooming" as well.. (yea Im aware his entire head is a bloom) but maybe make it more.... bloomy lol

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I think we'll get Mega Dragonite and Mega Hydreigon either this game or the next. Part of me believes there will be another 10 or so Megas they haven't announced yet for this game. Best bet is they'll come with XY2/Z since we got two pseudos in XY and two pseudos (so far) for ORAS, but you never know.
I hope we don't get type changes for either, partially because I see a pattern with the pseudos not changing types, but also because I like a good upgrade rather than a change. Sometimes it's good, but I don't believe these Pokemon are so bad with 4x weaknesses that they NEED a type change.

gamers4all

Poke-Poke

*why not both.meme*

Mega Vileplume Omega
Mega Vileplume Alpha

YEAAAAAA~~~~!!!

no?... ok... *sad face.meme*

mykalriley

I think we'll get Mega Dragonite and Mega Hydreigon either this game or the next. Part of me believes there will be another 10 or so Megas they haven't announced yet for this game. Best bet is they'll come with XY2/Z since we got two pseudos in XY and two pseudos (so far) for ORAS, but you never know.
I hope we don't get type changes for either, partially because I see a pattern with the pseudos not changing types, but also because I like a good upgrade rather than a change. Sometimes it's good, but I don't believe these Pokemon are so bad with 4x weaknesses that they NEED a type change.

I can definitely see a Mega Dragonite... I imagine it's design reverting back to Dragonair.... I see him slimmed out, with longer wings, and the side-of-the-head-wings on Dragonair returning.. with a longer tail as well... Maybe an additional set of wings...

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I can definitely see a Mega Dragonite... I imagine it's design reverting back to Dragonair.... I see him slimmed out, with longer wings, and the side-of-the-head-wings on Dragonair returning.. with a longer tail as well... Maybe an additional set of wings...

I'd like that. Maybe some blue. Not full blue body, just blue accents.

mykalriley

I'd like that. Maybe some blue. Not full blue body, just blue accents.

For me, Dragonair was always the highlight of his evolutionary line. I just love how sleek and graceful it looks! I agree, I think some blue would be great ( I never understood how he became orange to begin with lol) Maybe his chest piece (that looks like armor) could be a light blue... Maybe put that little ball on dragonairs design on the tip of his tail

ShadowMaster666

Lord of Darkness

Hmmm... I actually don't know which of those I like more... The latter reminds me of his prevo, Gloom, which might be neat, seeing him kinda revert back to that sappy gloomy lil flower guy... But then I like the idea of him "blooming" as well.. (yea Im aware his entire head is a bloom) but maybe make it more.... bloomy lol

I can imagine them giving a Mega Vileplume Stench as its ability purely based on the fact its based on one of the foulest smelling flowers... in the world.
Honestly quite surprised Gloom and Vileplume don't have it already.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I can imagine them giving a Mega Vileplume Stench as its ability purely based on the fact its based on one of the foulest smelling flowers... in the world.
Honestly quite surprised Gloom and Vileplume don't have it already.
Gloom does have it as a HA, but I agree that Vileplume should have it. I mean, its name contains the word "vile" after all. Maybe that would be good for its Mega, should it get one.

Another idea I haven't seen, probably because no one wants it: Mega Eeveelutions.
All of them. Upgrade the heck out of them. Just because.

Last edited:

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader

^ I always thought Dragonair should evolve into something that looks like a Hydra. Maybe a Dragonair with 3-4 heads/necks, and have a body with legs. But now we have Hydreigon and it's pretty much a Hydra, so I doubt a Primal/Mega would look like a Hydra. Anyway I really like this idea for Dragonite. I am hoping for something like that. I also figured a Mega Dragonite would be Dragon/Fairy, but now Altaria has that typing, so that may not happen.

I only read a few pages back, but I would like to have a Mega Flygon. I'm sure the design would look even better than the original. And I agree with most people that a Mega Milotic would've been a great addition.

I wonder if any Pokémon will have a Primal form other than Kyogre and Groudon? I would love to see some Pokémon like Lapras, Tropius, Mamoswine, and some of the Fossil Pokémon get Primal forms.

HunterxLuffy

^ I always thought Dragonair should evolve into something that looks like a Hydra. Maybe a Dragonair with 3-4 heads/necks, and have a body with legs. But now we have Hydreigon and it's pretty much a Hydra, so I doubt a Primal/Mega would look like a Hydra. Anyway I really like this idea for Dragonite. I am hoping for something like that. I also figured a Mega Dragonite would be Dragon/Fairy, but now Altaria has that typing, so that may not happen.

I only read a few pages back, but I would like to have a Mega Flygon. I'm sure the design would look even better than the original. And I agree with most people that a Mega Milotic would've been a great addition.

I wonder if any Pokémon will have a Primal form other than Kyogre and Groudon? I would love to see some Pokémon like Lapras, Tropius, Mamoswine, and some of the Fossil Pokémon get Primal forms.

I agree, Mega Flygon would be an awesome addition to Pokemon with mega evolutions. I've also had the same thought about primal reversion and other Pokemon having it, but I feel as though it may be limited to Groudon and Kyogre.

mykalriley

I second the motion for a Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon.. They would be great. As for a Mega Dragonites typing, I kind of think the typing should stay the same..

Speaking of...

What typing combinations have NOT been done? Moreso, what typing combinations haven't been done with Megas yet?

HunterxLuffy

I second the motion for a Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon.. They would be great. As for a Mega Dragonites typing, I kind of think the typing should stay the same..

Speaking of...

What typing combinations have NOT been done? Moreso, what typing combinations haven't been done with Megas yet?

Fire/ice type haven't been done, nor fighting/ghost type...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3

Speaking of...

We havent gotten Dragon/Steel (excluding the legenday poke Dialga). A typing would be good for Mega Hydreigon. Not only it would give him a chance against faries that completely destroy Hydreigon, but it was supposed to be Hydreigon's original typing.. Speaking of which, I want a Grass/Fairy Lilligant and a Water/Steel Mega Samurott...really Gamefreak, Gen 5 Pokes need megas

Last edited:

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
We havent gotten Dragon/Steel.

Dialga? I'm not gonna mention Fairies, as they have quite a bit of missing Type Combinations, which makes sense, they were only just recently introduced. Anyway, here's the Ice Combinations: Ice/Electric, Ice/Fire, Ice/Fighting, Ice/Steel, Ice/Poison, Ice/Bug, and Ice/Normal. These are the types Ice are missing combination-wise.

Here's some other missing combinations. I won't be repeating already mentioned combinations, as such, stuff like the aforementioned Ice/Fighting type won't appear in the Fighting Section.

Fire: Fire/Poison, Fire/Water, Fire/Grass

Water: Save for the aforementioned Fire/Water, none.

Fighting: Fighting/Ghost, Fighting/Electric, Fighting/Dragon, Fighting/Ground.

Last edited:

mykalriley

We havent gotten Dragon/Steel. A typing would be good for Mega Hydreigon. Not only it would give him a chance against faries that completely destroy Hydreigon, but it was supposed to be Hydreigon's original typing.. Speaking of which, I want a Grass/Fairy Lilligant and a Water/Steel Mega Samurott...really Gamefreak, Gen 5 Pokes need megas

As much as I would LOVE a Mega Lilligant..... Vileplume comes first.... :p The design for a Mega Lilligant would be fantastic!!! She's always reminded me of the princess from Mario. Grass has always been my favorite type, and I'm quite liking the fairy typing so far..

Dialga? I'm not gonna mention Fairies, as they have quite a bit of missing Type Combinations, which makes sense, they were only just recently introduced. Anyway, here's the Ice Combinations: Ice/Electric, Ice/Fire, Ice/Fighting, Ice/Steel, Ice/Poison, Ice/Bug, and Ice/Normal. These are the types Ice are missing combination-wise.

Ooooh... I didn't realize so many ice type combos were missing 0_o
Ice/Electric and Ice/Poison... Yes...Yes.... (if I suggested a Mega Jynx with the typing Ice/Poison, would I be slain)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.