1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Hydrohs, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrottingMinccino

TrottingMinccino Victory Star!

Well, I for one think that Mega-Audino is just adorable! If that's a problem for you, too bad!

Slowbro makes me laugh, it's as if the shellder finally took over as the dominant being. It's just using the slowpoke for sustenance...

That said, it still won't change my views on Mega-Evolution as a whole...too many of them have been just caters to fan service and given to pokemon that are already powerful! I'm glad they are giving others a chance, though. Slowbro doesn't need it though...now look what's happened!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I wonder if Pokemon getting regular evolutions added to their lines is a dead trend now? Or maybe Unova and Kalos are just taking breaks? Because Eevee was the only one to get a new evolution added to its line. I don’t mind Mega Evolution but I really hope they just don’t up and quit adding straight-up evolutions. I was happy to see Togepi’s line get Togekiss for example and there are others I’d rather got evolutions than Mega Evolutions like Dunsparce, Mr. Mime and Spinda.

3. *PKMN Trainer Paddy*

*PKMN Trainer Paddy* #HORSEPOWER

Yeah I have to agree with you on Audino. It is a great design, but it really does look like a different Pokemon rather than a Mega, but im fine with that. Im seriously beginning to think Audino and possibly Slowbro could get Hit Point increases, if its ever gonna happen.

4. PKMN KING

PKMN KING Ozymandias

Audino should had at least 1 real evolution (like Blissey) before jumping on the mega train.

5. Bakphoon™

Bakphoon™ Heated Fury

Mega Slowbro and Audino.. Why nintendo why..

Mega Audino looks WAY to weird to me.

Slowbro looks interesting. Seems like the better one from the both.

6. redroses

redroses Well-Known Member

I think it is interesting that Slowbro is the first pokemon that gets a mega evolution, but can still evolve.
    I guess that is a good sign for people that want permanent evos for Absol and Mawile etc. one day, as mega evolution doesn't have to be for the end stage of the pokemon it seems.

7. saPower1000

saPower1000 FLIP ALL THE TABLES

When you say:
    I'm pretty sure that's a comparison as to how one is better than the other.

Also. like I said, thinking outside the box. Thick Fat + Milk Drink actually makes it quite tanky, and if you want, you can even go the Herbivore route, which makes it the only pokemon with an instant recovery move with immunity to Grass, which is a lot more common now with M-Venasaur. Klefki gets priority Screens, Safeguard, T-Wave, Toxic, etc. So yes, really. Don't see how it's hard to see them as defensive, as Miltank used to run SR, and Klefki is literally around just to help the team (I've yet to see an offensive Klefki).

Gonna be looking forward to testing out both Megas, especially Hitmonbro lol :p

Slowbro is at the end of Evolution. King's Rock + Slowpoke yields Slowking, a separate end Evolution. Otherwise, we'd have eviolite Slowbro everywhere.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  8. Valdoom

Valdoom Team Armageddon

Slowpoke evolves into Slowking whilst holding the kings rock, not Slowbro.

9. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

Slowbro is a final evolutionary form like the rest. I think you have it confused with slowpoke.

10. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

Slowpoke can evolve into either Slowbro or Slowking... Slowbro doesn't evolve into Slowking. And one of the main points of mega evolution is furthering the potential of pokémon who can't permanently evolve any further.

11. shac

shac Well-Known Member

Slowbro does not evolve. Slowpoke evolves either into Slowbro or Slowking. There is no mega evolution for pokemon that has not finished evolving all the way.

12. redroses

redroses Well-Known Member

Oh my god, in all these years I always overlooked that fact, what the hell. Well, now I feel weird lmao.

13. *PKMN Trainer Paddy*

*PKMN Trainer Paddy* #HORSEPOWER

With all the expected Megas in the form of Camerupt, Sharpedo etc., Id say it's totally possible that we could actually get more Megas than we did in X/Y, as we have so many at this stage. Does anyone think some Pokemon will get the Charizard/Mewtwo treatment this time? I personally think Blaziken will get a second Mega evo revealed (NOT THAT IT NEEDS ONE) but just to keep it in favour like Swampert and Sceptile.

14. cybermew

cybermew A la lune!

Did nobody else notice the massive mistake with these images?

image.jpg

Look closely at Audino's health bar. No M-Evo symbol.

15. Valdoom

Valdoom Team Armageddon

I hope not, whilst both Charizard X and Y are cool and have their own uses. Charizard didn't need 2, neither did Mewtwo and neither does any other Pokemon. Mega Blaziken is powerful as it is, it doesn't need another just to keep it in favour. Many people will still pick Torchic are their starter.

16. thetamale

thetamale Well-Known Member

Another mega form that needed to be an evolution. Is nintendo scared they have too many pokemon so just want temporaries now? Also M-Slowbro looks like bad fanart I'm surprised it's real.

17. spiller

spiller Well-Known Member

i agree i want new evolutions not just mega evolutions. i think mega mawile should have been a mawile evolution rather than a mega. hopefully we will get new evolution of older pokemon next gen.

18. saPower1000

saPower1000 FLIP ALL THE TABLES

This is interesting. But why would it be posted on the official site then?

19. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

Many of those Mega's look really unaesthetic imo. M-Slowbro looks really cool, but why did they left out its legs? There are holes in the shell for arms but no legs, and it is standing on its tail... o_o
    With legs it would look much better, like some goofy knight in armor. :D

Now we need Mega Slowking with the Shellder growing on the top part of its body, where you can only see the Slowking-legs. :)

Maybe that's just a bug.

20. devilmonkey

devilmonkey ROWROWFightDaPOWAH

this is big

I will laugh SO HARD if this is a hoax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.