• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFire7

Stall players are going to have a field day. Normal/fairy is actually a very annoying typing because it only has two weaknesses to uncommon attacking moves (poison and steel) and it has two immunities to ghost and dragon which are two strong attacking types. And with mega slowbro with it probably getting increased defenses and if it actually ends up getting a special attack boost then it may turn into a very scary bulky calm minder.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I like mega audino's design, reminds me of the tokos from ni no kuni.

Mega slowbro I'm not sure, on one hand he looks comical and makes me smile, on another I think regenerator would still outclass shell armor, but being immune to crits is nice too.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Stall players are going to have a field day. Normal/fairy is actually a very annoying typing because it only has two weaknesses to uncommon attacking moves (poison and steel) and it has two immunities to ghost and dragon which are two strong attacking types. And with mega slowbro with it probably getting increased defenses and if it actually ends up getting a special attack boost then it may turn into a very scary bulky calm minder.

Clear Smog Amoonguss will definitely see some use, and maybe even Haze? Though I doubt it, it might become a niche on certain mons.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I can't help it but I can't believe that Mega Slowbro & Mega Audino are real. They both just look like mediocre fan art to me, or at least mega evolutions designed by pokeluka from deviantart

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I personally think Unaware would have been better on Slowbro, and Audino kept Regenerator.

I really have to question the legitimacy of these Pokemon. Since they both look kinda fanmade, and the abilities seems like horrible gimmicks in my opinion. Sure critical hits are annoying (and Shell Armor makes stall a b***h). But to me Shell Armor is just a bad gimmick.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
So Slowbro has Shell Armor.. That seems not a good ability. What If he got Simple?!

There is a reason why Pokemon with Simple and Pokemon who learn Simple Beam are rare or have low BSTs. I suspect it's because of how powerful an Ability it really is.

Kakarotkills

TheOnlyPorygon2
Design wise, it looks like to me Shellder is really the one mega evolving here.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I personally think Unaware would have been better on Slowbro, and Audino kept Regenerator.

I really have to question the legitimacy of these Pokemon. Since they both look kinda fanmade, and the abilities seems like horrible gimmicks in my opinion. Sure critical hits are annoying (and Shell Armor makes stall a b***h). But to me Shell Armor is just a bad gimmick.

Well depending on the stat boosts, it might not get used at all. Seeing the FE Kingdra sets, I can see avoiding crits as a very useful strat.
I do have to admit, M-Slowbro is a bit derpy, but I like it :D

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am sure this has been said already but Whoops! Anyways big suprise for us:

1. I really hope this was suppose to be a surprise revel and not one of the things at Gamescom. I hope we get something else at Gamescom.
2. Slowbro- Another Unexpected one. Come on! Where is Mega Arcanine. Please Gamefreak. Anyways I think Mega Slowbro looks hilarious. Did you notice you can still see shellder's eyes. And For once they made a ability that totally make sense. After all Slowbro now wears his shell as armor so why not the Shell Armor ability:).
3. Audino- Odd choice there Gamefreak. I don't know about anyone else but I just use Audino for Grinding. I am really not sure how good it is to raise and use in battle? Normal/Fairy makes sense. Isn't healer one its normal Abilities?

edit.

4. @ Mr. Muchlax- I get what your saying and I agree they do look Fanarty. But Serebii is usually pretty good about only post real stuff to the main site. He never did post anything about Mega Drapion did he and that was a really good fake in my opinion. Not saying he can't make a mistake but he is careful what he puts on the site so these are properly real.

Last edited:

Thure

So, noone seems to think from MAudino as Final Fantasy White Mage? :D

So Slowbro has Shell Armor.. That seems not a good ability. What If he got Simple?!

It's a really good ability! Especially against many pokemon with high crit rates.

I can't help it but I can't believe that Mega Slowbro & Mega Audino are real. They both just look like mediocre fan art to me, or at least mega evolutions designed by pokeluka from deviantart

It's from an official page...

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Why gets Slowbro a Mega-Evolution and not Slowking..? It's weird, I think.

no weirder than Gardevoir getting one and not Gallade - though both where original 'level up' evolutions prior to their counterpart being introduced in another gen

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
I am actually glad Audino got a mega evolution, I always used to use it in my Black and White play throughs and it always managed to be a pretty reliable and fun pokemon to use. Plus i love the mega design

NightFire7

Healer is a useless ability in singles, but what would be interesting to see is whether Audino gets an offensive boost when it mega evolves so it can also be used as an attacker. Because regular Audinos attacking stats are pathetic (Assault Vest Audino anyone?) so it would be interesting to see a mega evolution thats even bulkier and can actually hit other pokemon hard rather than just stalling and wish passing.

GDK

Iron barbs would have been cool for mega slowbro, but shell armor is okay.
Especially with boosted defense.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Why gets Slowbro a Mega-Evolution and not Slowking..? It's weird, I think.
Not really. It's no different than how Gardevoir got a mega evolution and Gallade didn't

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
...Has any clarification been made on why MegaDino suddenly fights Combusken instead of Blaziken in some of those photos...?

Because, My Holy God, a Fairy-Type Move that temporarily DEVOLVES Pokémon until a switch would throw a wrench in the game as massive as Stealth Rock.

In all seriousness though, it's most likely some footage that wasn't intended for public release. Plus the coloring binding both teams' standing plates is different (red bands in some, blue for others), meaning it was probably two different battles. When taken at face value, it really does look bizarre.

Last edited:

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
While there are a bunch of Gen. 5 Pokemon I would have liked to see gets megas before Audino, I'm just glad that a Gen. 5 Pokemon finally got one. This debunks what people were saying about Unova Pokemon being "too new" to get mega evolutions in this generation. I really hope there's more.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
While there are a bunch of Gen. 5 Pokemon I would have liked to see gets megas before Audino, I'm just glad that a Gen. 5 Pokemon finally got one. This debunks what people were saying about Unova Pokemon being "too new" to get mega evolutions in this generation. I really hope there's more.

Hey yeah! your right.. Gen 5 now has a Mega. Now it is open for other too in that Gen. Come Mega Golurk.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro? Don't know how to feel about those yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.