• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I still hope to see Mega Illumise ad Mega Volbeat as Bug/Fairy types. I think Fairy type fits them quite well since they look like Little flying fairies. They also have access to various Fairy type moves like Dazzling Gleam and Moonlight. If Illumise could gain access to Tail Glow like Volbeat, I think that a Mega Evolution for them could be quite interesting.

NotABeginningTrainer

What makes it bad in doubles? I know it isn't the greatest, but it's better there than in singles. It doesn't have any weakness to common spread moves and can at least function.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What makes it bad in doubles? I know it isn't the greatest, but it's better there than in singles. It doesn't have any weakness to common spread moves and can at least function.

You give up a mega slot for lesser version of Aromatisse.
Do you really want to run that thing over Kang or Mawile?

Sprinter1988

One mega that I am really hoping to see in the future is Mega Kingler. My thinking was that Kingler could be given access to a few more steel type moves (maybe Bullet Punch and Iron Head) and then when it mega evolves it becomes water/steel. Its mega ability would be hyper cutter (avoiding intimidate is always nice) or sheer force (in order to take full advantage of Iron Head, Rock Slide etc) while its stat boosts should be to all except SpAt, with the biggest boost going to Attack and Defence.

Mardeon

Kalos King
One mega that I am really hoping to see in the future is Mega Kingler. My thinking was that Kingler could be given access to a few more steel type moves (maybe Bullet Punch and Iron Head) and then when it mega evolves it becomes water/steel. Its mega ability would be hyper cutter (avoiding intimidate is always nice) or sheer force (in order to take full advantage of Iron Head, Rock Slide etc) while its stat boosts should be to all except SpAt, with the biggest boost going to Attack and Defence.

It would be funny if it had an ability that boosts pinching moves, like Crabhammer and Vice Grip.

NotABeginningTrainer

You give up a mega slot for lesser version of Aromatisse.
Do you really want to run that thing over Kang or Mawile?

I thought I said that it wasn't the greatest. I'm not saying it's better than Kangaskhan or Mawile. I'm just saying it doesn't suck. Is it very viable due to other megas? No, but it's not useless.

I know this thread tends to go off track into speculation and ideas of future mega evolutions lol

My question is... is a thread on this site for speculation of future mega evolutions? (or even at least future games?)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I know this thread tends to go off track into speculation and ideas of future mega evolutions lol

My question is... is a thread on this site for speculation of future mega evolutions? (or even at least future games?)

No, there is no thread to speculate mega evolutions, future games and future generations of pokemon. It is not allowed on serebii forums.

Anyway, I think the best mega evolutions are those that have 700 bst and higher. The last one I use was Mega Rayquaza which I used against Zinnia.

Mefista

I hate fujoshi
I like Audino's mega,but I still want one for Raichu.Even if it's hideous.Even if it just puts a Pikachu tail on his face,and changes only speed.AKNOWLEDE MY FAV,PPL.

Sprinter1988

I like Audino's mega,but I still want one for Raichu.Even if it's hideous.Even if it just puts a Pikachu tail on his face,and changes only speed.AKNOWLEDE MY FAV,PPL.

Absolutely 100% agree! Give us Mega Raichu and make it's ability an exclusive called Rai's Revenge which means that any time it faces another electric type its attack and special attack increases to 1.5. It the electric type is a Pika-Clone (Emolga, Pachirisu etc) this increase is X2 and if the electric type is Pikachu itself, the boost is X10 (or X2.5 if I must be "reasonable")

IT IS TIME FOR RAICHU TO THROW OFF HIS SHACKLES, SMACK DOWN THE WANNABES AND SHOW PIKACHU ONCE AND FOR ALL WHO IS BOSS!

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
No, there is no thread to speculate mega evolutions, future games and future generations of pokemon. It is not allowed on serebii forums.

Anyway, I think the best mega evolutions are those that have 700 bst and higher. The last one I use was Mega Rayquaza which I used against Zinnia.

Which is terrible. The Pokémon forum with likely the highest activity outside of competitive sites like Smogon and there is absolutely nowhere for users to toss ideas around except for a single tucked away thread where barely any discussion of those ideas actually goes on because there isn't a "Mega creation/speculation thread" or "Future game speculation thread" just a "Have a creative thought you want to share? Dump it here." thread.

Anyway, I agree with Mefista, Raichu could really use a good Mega Evolution to step out of Pikachu's shadow.

fairyofblood

Which is terrible. The Pokémon forum with likely the highest activity outside of competitive sites like Smogon and there is absolutely nowhere for users to toss ideas around except for a single tucked away thread where barely any discussion of those ideas actually goes on because there isn't a "Mega creation/speculation thread" or "Future game speculation thread" just a "Have a creative thought you want to share? Dump it here." thread.

Anyway, I agree with Mefista, Raichu could really use a good Mega Evolution to step out of Pikachu's shadow.

ha there is a higher of pikachu getting new evolution then raichu getting a mega.

Akashin

ha there is a higher of pikachu getting new evolution then raichu getting a mega.

Care to walk us through this logic? Not that I think Raichu getting a Mega is all that likely (no more or less likely than any other non-popularity driven choice, at any rate), but I certainly think it's more likely than Pikachu getting a branch evolution.

Care to walk us through this logic? Not that I think Raichu getting a Mega is all that likely (no more or less likely than any other non-popularity driven choice, at any rate), but I certainly think it's more likely than Pikachu getting a branch evolution.

Even if Pikachu got a branch evolution, I still think original Pikachu would be more popular.

fairyofblood

ha really i would say raichu chances are 1 % while pikachu getting a new evolution is 20 %

Rio!

Composer

Yeah, the conversation keeps alternating between mega wishlist with hints of conversation that are actually on-topic.
I'm really enjoying using Mega Lopunny and Gyarados for Doubles. Crunch really helps out this guy since it actually has a STAB it can use. Other Dragons seem to be a problem though since they're resistant to both STABs *except Char-x*.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Yeah, the conversation keeps alternating between mega wishlist with hints of conversation that are actually on-topic.
I'm really enjoying using Mega Lopunny and Gyarados for Doubles. Crunch really helps out this guy since it actually has a STAB it can use. Other Dragons seem to be a problem though since they're resistant to both STABs *except Char-x*.

*Remembers Bite, and how it was utterly useless

Yeah Mega-Gya is a great poke. I actually haven't tried M-Lopunny yet, but I've found Mega Metagross to be extremely powerful in OU, even when running Hone Claws over Agility with Sticky Web Support.
I do want to test out Mega Gallade though.

Rio!

Composer
*Remembers Bite, and how it was utterly useless

Yeah Mega-Gya is a great poke. I actually haven't tried M-Lopunny yet, but I've found Mega Metagross to be extremely powerful in OU, even when running Hone Claws over Agility with Sticky Web Support.
I do want to test out Mega Gallade though.

Yeah that was seriously the dumbest thing; even Pokemon that didn't have their secondary STAB before this game *Mega Ampharos w/Dragon* at least got Dragon Pulse via level-up which was perfectly reasonable. I really saw no reason for Crunch to be left out in X/Y, when they full-well knew it was going to be part Dark-typing. I know I ranted about that forever when I saw it only had Bite/Payback. xD

M-Lopunny is really sweet, being able to switch out and potentially completely heal your next switch-is in is awesome. Not to mention that nothing is completely resistant to it either w/Fighting.
I have yet to try out Mega Metagross, it seems like an absolute beast whether you go for Hone-Claws or Agility. Seems nice to have that flexibility because of the nice Defense-boost.
I also still want to try out Metagross and Beedrill. I was excited for Pideotto at first, but its move-pool is so barren it leaves little to work with, I dunno. Might give it a shot later on.

Ooh have fun with Gallade, I bet he's be great in Doubles too, especially on the supportive side of things. ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.