• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Not exactly too pleased with the new hoenn starter megas. Swampert looks a bit 'meh' to me. Will likely be one heck of a tank though, which some nice physical attack to boot. Bet 'cha its gonna be slow though. And as for Sceptile, while I have seen better fan art of Mega Sceptile, its okay.

So now the Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters get Mega Evolutions. When is it time for the other starters?

Uh. Kalos starters are getting megas? Since when?

Still hoping for a Mega Beartic. If anything needs one, its good ol' Beartic.

pimpditto

Mega Sceptile looks like how I imagined, so neat. But it's typing makes it useless against Ice Types, so that's lame.

Mega Swampurt looks like some kind of ball, don't like it. But same typing? It should've been Water/Fighting, but this is alright if it's got bulky stats.

I don't know why people complain about Mega Sceptile's weakness to ice so much. I mean, we have tons and tons of flying/dragon and ground/dragons, and are very much reliable competitively.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I'm so happy with this announcement! MEGA SCEPTILE IS SO COOL AND NOW I GET TO REUSE TREECKO LIKE I DID IM EMERALD

But I love the fact that people still don't know what mega evolution is!

Also this means it is still possible for more megas! :O fingers crossed for mega plusle and minun!

DANdotW

Previously Iota
As the design looks so bulky, one would expect MegaSwampert to be a bulky Pokémon. Now his ability is revealed as Swift Swim...does that change anything? Also, Lightning Rod for MegaSceptile? Odd, lol. Diancie's ability is hidden.

Not necessarily on topic, but as we all expected, Steven Stone will be researching Mega Evolution; I wonder if this means he won't be the champion, but will fight us afterward like Red before him.

AtomKyogre and AtomGroudon...Atomic Regression sounds like more of a form change than Mega Evolution. The term "Atomic Regression" makes it sound like their bodies are changing backwards, not forwards, as if they're turning into more feral, archaic versions of themselves, perhaps before they "evolved" over millenniums.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Hehe I knew that GF won't forget the other two and I was right :D, surprised at seeing diance though since its a new pokemon, wasn't expecting it to get a mega.

I think I'll choose sceptille now, its mega and typing are awesome, I already raised a blaziken in X/Y so sceptile is going to be my confirmed choice now :D

zhixun

I don't know why people complain about Mega Sceptile's weakness to ice so much. I mean, we have tons and tons of flying/dragon and ground/dragons, and are very much reliable competitively.

I totally agree with you. Although Juakin has double weakness against Ice but it also got double resistances against both Water and Grass types. As well as neutralising the Fire type attacks which is quite common in the games.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Mega Sceptile looks really awesome. And its typing is just the cherry on top of the cake!
I really think Mega Swampert is cool. I mean look at it! It's all so... cuddly! And just looking at it makes me shiver at the bulk it might have. Wow!
As for the Mega Kyogre and Groudon, they look absolutely incredible. And strong, too! Kyogre's new style is really fitting!

pimpditto

Mega Sceptile got Lightning Rod? Whattttt? Why does GF keep doing this to my favourite starter? *cries in a corner*

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Wondering what the ability of M-Sceptile et M-Swampert will be, if for the later is Sap-Suppier since many have wished for, he will be a powerfull Tank/Wall.

Check the website again. It now says Mega Sceptile is Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert is Swift Swim.

shadowj0

Casual Veteran
Do the scans actually say they're megas? Not that I'm doubting it, but it seems strange that they don't have the "mega" prefix. Atom is cool and all but are we certain they aren't just form changes? It's hardly as dynamic a change as the other megas... and GF has used mega evolutions to really overdesign other pokemon forms. This kind of restraint seems out of character for them.

When they remake HG&SS for the 3DS.

Just kidding. When they remake DPPt for the 3DS, they might as well gift Gen 2 starters like Prof. Sycamore did in Gen 6, early in the game.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Mega Diancie looks more fabulous. I really expect Grass/Dragon would be Mega Sceptile's typing though it's ability is kind of lame but I see the point of having that, the tail I guess. Mega Swampert seems tank-ish and nice ability especially for a rain team.

SmartD

Mega Swampert looks bulky and Mega Sceptile looks a bit cool. I have a feeling Mega Diancie will appear in the new movie.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Holy Arceus! Mega Swapert is a real tank!! Already can't wait until the games come out :)

Ilan

lightning rod.. he resists electric *4 so there goes an *4 resistance oh well at least he is immune to thunder wave! and stun spore! which means exept body slam he can't be paralized that's actually quite awesome!
swift swim is good I guess wanted sap sipper but oh well if he gets some additional speed he might be broken.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
For some reason I'm most interested in Mega Diancie :D Anyone else?

Me too! She's absolutely gorgeous!
Swift Swim for Mega Swampert ? God, if played well in battles, this could be dangerous and hard to beat! I mean this thing looks so bulky and physically strong; adding Speed to it might be really hard to counter!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
even though it is now 4x weak to ice, most pokemon that carry ice type attacks, as far as I've seen, are either water Pokémon or Pokémon who are weak to grass/dragon, so its not like mega Sceptile can't fight back. If Lightning Rod is what it gets, I'll be intrigued, since it doesn't seem like an ability that fits. Swift Swim for Swampert seems odd to, seeing as how it looks so bulky I can't imagine it's going to get a speed boost via mega evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.