• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Do you think that with these new megas (specially Groundon and Kyogre) we'll get an ANIME special? OR EVEN A BRAND NEW MOVIE??? :D

Well, they'll appear in some form. We can't say how or when.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Okay, thoughts on the new reveal:

Mega Sceptile actually looks pretty cool. I think I might go with Treecko this go around because wow, yeah, I'm really liking the look of that and I haven't used a Sceptile in a while. Mega Swampert is... cool I guess, but not really what I was expecting. Looks like it's bulk increases a lot, and I'm wondering how much it's attack is going to be buffed. Also, I hope it gets a good mega ability, it could really use one after the disappointment that is Damp.

Swampert's ability is Swift Swim.

Freeze-Dry, Also, Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, Entrainment, Skill Swap etc.

That actually sounds like confirmation that Sap Sipper Mega Swampert would be OP.

Always forget about that. Swift Swim doubles speed though, which means Swampert effectively has base 160-something speed when its ability activates. 60 is more than enough base speed to start off with. Besides, I like tanky Mega evolutions.
Oh, it can still be tanky with more Speed. It will just be a faster tank. Kinda like an armored freight train.

Skobby

Fairy Slayer
Mega Sceptile, my life is complete.

Ilan

Megas can't get a higher hp stat as they mega evolve from a pokemon in battle so the base HP can't rise I hope sceptile gets just +10 speed and +30 in the offenses and a bit more defense that's all he needs. BUt I think they will jkust mage sceptile a speed demon with less offenses than the rest of the megas.

Ѕhiny Missingno

How do you order the stats? I guess the last one is Speed but I am not sure about the rest.
The commonly used order is HP, Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence and Speed. The same order as in the stat screen.

I don't see MegaSwampert getting any extra speed, especially with the addition of Swift Swim. 120 HP, 60 Spd and then that looks about right.
Well, Mawile got an Attack boost alongside Huge Power so it could go any way. And by the way, Mega Evolution NEVER adds HP. Or never has done that but I don't see that becoming a new thing anyway.

Personally, I want to see clearer pictures but based on the small pictures the art style will be quite similar to X and Y which is not surprising at all.

Mega Diancie looks intriguing. Kalos pokémon already getting Megas, I see? I don't think many of them will receive ones, however, since one of the points of giving Megas to pokémon is to make older pokémon on par with more recent ones. Kalos pokémon are not that old and in Diancie's case we technically shouldn't even know much about Diancie anyways. I wonder if she'll Mega Evolve in the movie. Doubt it'll happen, though.

Mega Sceptile has quite fierce eyes to say the least. I guess it'll be using its tail as a Lightning Rod. Looks like it'll fit. The choice of ability is weird but I can't imagine much better and it's still cool since it helps in some situations and Dragon type is already awesome.

Mega Swampert is pretty awesome. I'm getting some serious Chesnaught vibes here. Similar style, I guess. Looks are cool but the ability is meh. Not too interested about weather. Funnily Swampert and Blaziken both get abilities to boost their speed to compete with Sceptile who instead got an ability which gives immunity and more attack power.

The Mustache

They could introduce a new battle style. the MEGA BATTLE! (LOL) Seriosly. now that megas are growing there could be a battle type where all allowed pokemon had to hold their mega stone and It was allowed more then one mega evolution

zhixun

They could introduce a new battle style. the MEGA BATTLE! (LOL) Seriosly. now that megas are growing there could be a battle type where all allowed pokemon had to hold their mega stone and It was allowed more then one mega evolution

One mega Pokémon per battle is enough in my opinion. But I see the possibility of mega double/ triple/ rotation battles in ORAS.

Ilan

All the abilities of the mega hoenn starters are about speed sceptile's one is about not getting paralized only glare and body slam can paralyze him now! that's great another counter to swagkey :/

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So ancient devolution? Does anyone think it works the exact same way as mega evolutions?

In-game, probably yes.

In-lore, obviously not. They have to be independent of a trainer's influence when "devolving" to actually be mascot legendaries, like Black Kyurem/White Kyurem/Origin Giratina in Distortion World.

KartDriver3412

Trying for Success
Yeah, I know many people have already stated this, but I freakin' love Sceptile's Mega! I'm so glad that the Treecko line will get some love with his new ability and typing (I personally find the new typing amazing!).

However, Swampert's Mega seems very... unappealing to me. :( I mean, I still love the Mudkip line and will probably remain my favorite overall, just wished his design was so tankish.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I find it interesting that unlike Blaziken, Swampert and Sceptile get completely new abilities that aren't useless on them. This should be enough to get Sceptile out of NU, that will be nice.

MegaSceptile and MegaSwampert look nice, better then MegaBlaziken imo but MegaDiancie is one of the most beautiful designs I've seen. Sorry Hoenn starters but you can't compare to Diancie's fab dress.

Kindly get out.

In-game, probably yes.

In-lore, obviously not. They have to be independent of a trainer's influence when "devolving" to actually be mascot legendaries, like Black Kyurem/White Kyurem/Origin Giratina in Distortion World.

I was going say something about that, but this is pretty much what I think about the situation.

Confirmed, or just trolling?

Serebii confirmed.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
amazing news about the mega's cant wait to see if anymore get released in the future!! - also I bet/hope this is a kick in the face to certain people on this forum who think they know everything spamming one argument about how GF will not be adding new mega's because they are not in the XY data...

cant wait to see how Mega Sceptile (lightning rod seems random for a grass/dragon - thunder lizard perhaps?) and Mega Swampert play out - looks like im breeding a speed invested Swampert now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.