• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

Did anyone remember in Emerald when Professor Birch gave you the Johto starters after completing the regional Pokedex? Maybe if they are given in tthis game, they will be holding mega stones similar to the Kanto starters in XY!

To be honest, I would much rather they be saved for pokemon Z/sequels to pokemon X and Y, like instead of the kanto starters we get the johto starters with the mega stones! but that's just wishful thinking. I do however wonder if Maxie and Archie are getting megas, if they do then mega camerupt and mega sharpedo?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
In due course, yes. But obviously parsed out over the next few generations.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Mega Sceptile and Swampert, but I don't think we'll be getting other megas in ORAS aside from those two, Diancie and the Latis. Maybe two or three more, tops, but it's foolish to get our hopes up. New games like this in midgen always introduce a new form or two. Now with mega evolution, we have the opportunity for more pokemon to get them, not just special legends. Still, let's not go overboard here and expect seven or eight new megas.

True, All I have been hoping for was Mega Swampert + Sceptile, Sableye, and Tropius. Not getting my hopes up, just would like to see it happen ^.^ And if Primeval Devolution is going to be another thing like Megas, then I would like to see more of them, they really interest me, since well I am interested in paleontology and the fossil Pokemon are usually some of my favorites ^.^

Firebrand

Indomitable
They kind of went back on their word with Mega Diancie then, eh?

Yeah, which is why Mega Diancie is the one thing about these leaks that gives me pause. It sets an odd (not sure if it's bad yet) precedent. Like, yeah, let's give a gen VI pokemon a mega, and let's make it an event legend who gets it. Like, really, I don't understand why it had to be a mega and not an alternate form.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Mega Flygon/Salamence
Flygon: Dragon/Bug
Salamence Dragon/Fire
Mega Regirock
Mega Registeel
Mega Regice -
Mega Shiftry - One of the Hoenn regions under appreciated guys.
Mega Metagross Psychic/Dragon
Mega Milotic - Water/Fairy - A simple No Brainer
To name a few

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Like, yeah, let's give a gen VI pokemon a mega, and let's make it an event legend who gets it. Like, really, I don't understand why it had to be a mega and not an alternate form.

Because Formes are so last Gen. (Seriously, they kind of went for broke with them in B2W2 - about half of Unova's Legendary population ended up with alternate forms, and then some of it inexplicably spilled over onto Xerneas.)

Although does this technically mean that we now have a Mega Carbink, in a way?

Last edited:

confuser987

How would you guys feel if any of the new mega evolutions go from 2 legs-> 4 leg (like abomasnow), or 4 leg -> 2 leg, or even 2 limbs -> 8 limbs? Like Mega Machamp getting an extra pair of arms. Or Mega Tropius getting an extra set of legs. Or Mega Machamp having all limbs on the ground.

shadowF

Seeing how Lysandre got a mega, yes. Was Maxie's ace a Camerupt though?

Yeah, it was also his main pokemon in pokemon adventures as well. Eighter they get new megas or they could just use groudon/kyogre instead.

bailey.gold

I will be disappointed playing these games if the following don't have a mega evolution
Shiftry
Ludicolo
Altaria
Flygon
Milotic
Camerupt
Sharpedo
Salamence
Metagross

Others I would like to see get a mega evolution are
Breloom
Exploud
Sableye
Slaking
Cacturne
Hariyama
Tropius
Seviper
Torkoal
Walrein
Huntail
Gorebyss
Gallade

Obviously I've listed a lot here, but it's perfectly plausible for gamefreak to add around 10-15 new mega evolutions in these games. With all the Pokemon we have now, 20-30 ME in each new generation and 10-15 in the follow up remake/sequel isn't that much considering they are introducing new Pokemon as well.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Yeah, it was also his main pokemon in pokemon adventures as well. Eighter they get new megas or they could just use groudon/kyogre instead.
Ah, alright.
Does anybody think that Birch will give us more starter Pokemon with new mega stones?

Ti4558

Ah, alright.
Does anybody think that Birch will give us more starter Pokemon with new mega stones?

Possibly, we may get mega jhoto starters but it probably wount happen.

Macabrelicious

-Milotic: (Water/Fairy) I mean come on... has more prospects of being a fairy type than a lot of ones that ARE right now. (Snubbull / Mr. Mime)

I know this is getting old to mention, but Granbull is the original Fairy Pokemon. :p
And besides, I like to think Granbull and Snubbull are the most ogre-like of the Fairy types, and thus the most akin to fairies of orginal folklore.

In an interview with one of the developers early in the release cycle (it may have been Iwata, but I can't remember for sure, so don't take my word on it), they said they weren't giving any mega evolutions at this point to Generations V and VI, and that they would let those pokemon stand on their own merit for a little while. Or something to the tune of that.

Are you sure Iwata/whoever mentioned Gen V, as well? My memory may just be leaking, but I thought the developer said only Gen VI Pokemon weren't getting megas.
I mean, it's false on all accounts, anyway.

Yeah, which is why Mega Diancie is the one thing about these leaks that gives me pause. It sets an odd (not sure if it's bad yet) precedent. Like, yeah, let's give a gen VI pokemon a mega, and let's make it an event legend who gets it. Like, really, I don't understand why it had to be a mega and not an alternate form.

Oh glob please no more forms
I thought we were done with forms
I mean Xerneas's form is just basically a palette swap with no real effect right

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Are you sure Iwata/whoever mentioned Gen V, as well? My memory may just be leaking, but I thought the developer said only Gen VI Pokemon weren't getting megas.
I mean, it's false on all accounts, anyway.

Indeed, they only said that Gen VI Pokémon would not be given Mega Evolutions.

Oh glob please no more forms
I thought we were done with forms
I mean Xerneas's form is just basically a palette swap with no real effect right

I don't mind alternate forms on regular Pokémon like Aegislash or Vivillon, but I am happy to see Legendary Pokémon break away from them a bit, if only to given them something a little more unique.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
honestly when they revealed the new megas I didn't think at all about the possibility of even more megas, until now that I saw people speculating on potential other ones, it hit me that we could get more. and I wouldn't mind. I would like to see megas from Unova although for the sake of continuity, they really really emphasized back in gen V how unova had lots of pokemon you can't find in the previous regions. I know they could just add them here and there and call it a day but continuity. haha I'm just being picky but I would love to see mega gothitelle and reuniclus as version exclusives as well as mega druddigon

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I know this is getting old to mention, but Granbull is the original Fairy Pokemon. :p
And besides, I like to think Granbull and Snubbull are the most ogre-like of the Fairy types, and thus the most akin to fairies of orginal folklore.

They're dogs, nothing ogre-like about that. And they shouldn't be fairy type, regardless of their classification, it just doesn't fit.
Qwilfish is classified as a Balloon pokemon, but he's not flying type like Drifloon (who is also classified as a Balloon pokemon) is.

I mean they can do whatever they want, just some things they do make no damn sense.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
They're dogs, nothing ogre-like about that. And they shouldn't be fairy type, regardless of their classification, it just doesn't fit.
Qwilfish is classified as a Balloon pokemon, but he's not flying type like Drifloon (who is also classified as a Balloon pokemon) is.

I mean they can do whatever they want, just some things they do make no damn sense.

if you associate fairy with tinkerbell-like things only then I understand but the original fairies were more akin to what snubull and granbull are than what tinkerbell is.

anyway speaking of qwilfish the damn thing needs a mega evo too. I love it but it's so useless IMO.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Please find me a link of these 'fairies' people keep going on about, because while I understand they might be ogre-like, again I say, they're dogs. So the relevance is still non-existent in my mind.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I kinda wish they'd been braver with mega Sceptile's design, it looks just a lil too similar to its normal form.... but it's still really cool, mostly because Sceptile's always been cool to begin with. Also I'm veeeeeery happy about the typing.

Not a fan of fat Swampert.

All in all, Blaziken is still the best of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.