• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_SGG

As much as I love Groudon and Kyogre's respective designs, they really didn't change anything for the "primal/prehistoric' forms other than light up their eyes and parts of their bodies. Seems like a lot of potential wasted.

Anyways, now that Groudon and Kyogre have these new "devolutions" I wonder if Rayquaza will have something similar, or even if other legendary Pokemon such as Zygarde (we all know that he will get a new forme/evolution at some point)

While that's true i think they can make an exception for Eeevee because Eevee is just a different Pokemon than the rest. It has multiple evo's al with stones/items/status so i can see them doing a Eeveenite.
It's not something i expect but man i would love it.

A Mega evolved Eevee would be the worst eevolution (maybe not Flareon or Glaceon bad) just because it wouldn't have an item choice

The Mustache

While that's true i think they can make an exception for Eeevee because Eevee is just a different Pokemon than the rest. It has multiple evo's al with stones/items/status so i can see them doing a Eeveenite.
It's not something i expect but man i would love it.

I want a mega milotic... but a beautifull creature. It doesn't have to look badass. Mega serperior woul be great but I'm not exepecting it at least in this gen. I love snake pokemon

Castform07

The only Hoenn pokemon not available in-game in X and Y (other than legends) were the starters, Slaking, Claydol, Milotic. The starters have had their megas. I think the other 3 might also be the ones to get megas. Dunno, just a feeling.

Erm, don't forget Castform too....I could see it getting a mega cause its quite a big part of the game..

zhixun

Erm, don't forget Castform too....I could see it getting a mega cause its quite a big part of the game..

Although I would not want Powalen to mega evolve but I think it is better than Eievui. Also its base power is quite low for mega evolution in my opinion.

So here's a weird thought. Eevee is the Evolution pokemon. I think that Eevee should get a mega evolution and NOT hie evolutions. He needs to evolve in every possible way.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
I want Swellow to have one. With aerialite!

That would be cool, I love abilities like that

On the topic of early game pokemon I would love a Mega Mightyena. Maybe make it bipedal as a reference to the Beast of Gévaudan?

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So here's a weird thought. Eevee is the Evolution pokemon. I think that Eevee should get a mega evolution and NOT hie evolutions. He needs to evolve in every possible way.
That does make sense, though right now it seems impossible since Eevee's a basic pokémon ans the only pokémon we've seen can mega evolve so far are ones that are fully evolved or only have one form

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Mega's that have Abilities that can turn Normal moves into Rock, Water, and Ghost type moves would be cool.

A faster MegaLudicolo with this Water move Ability would be cool.

Akashin

As much as I love Groudon and Kyogre's respective designs, they really didn't change anything for the "primal/prehistoric' forms other than light up their eyes and parts of their bodies. Seems like a lot of potential wasted.

I got the feeling that the lack of change was justified in this case. They aren't changing formes or Evolving; they're devolving to their previous selves, which by all accounts have no reason to look significantly different than their present selves. Maintaining the same shape but looking more detailed and powerful fits with what they are, I thought.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Seriously, do they need to grow a pair of wings and sprout giant horns and whatever to make them look more primal/prehistoric?

In this case it's about their primal/prehistoric power, nothing else.

Blesstoise

Squirtle Squad

Yeah that's what i stated last page, in my opinion it would make sense for eevee to get one. He is by all means the only first stage pokemon to be in the running for a mega. Just to counter with the other eeveelutions like a normal type eeveelution would do.

Lugar

I love the idea though with a base stat total of 325 it would be pretty useless with the usual +100,he would need something like huge power but that doubles all stat(except hp of course since it's a Mega).

zhixun

I love the idea though with a base stat total of 325 it would be pretty useless with the usual +100,he would need something like huge power but that doubles all stat(except hp of course since it's a Mega).

If it is not a fully evolved Pokémon with mega evolution then I guess it can have an increase of 200 base stats. Otherwise that Pokémon looks weak even after mega evolution in my opinion.

Sableye is one of the many pokemon i like to put in the loved because it doesn't evolve club. However out of everyone in the club he is the only one that i can see who is actually viable in battle.)

Sableye is a beast. I'll go into detail for anyone who doesn't know or wants to know.

Sableye @ focus sash/leftovers
Prankster
Bold or Calm. I will talk ab Bold
252hp/252def/6spD
-Taunt
-Recover
-Will-O-Wisp
-Foul play

Great lead to taunt and prevent set ups. Or switch into a physical attacker and wow. Foul play also allows you to use their great attacking stat against them and usually your defenses will be better (nature, Evs).

Sableye can easily handle Mega Khangaskhan this way. Kanga cannot use it's STAB Normal move so it's next best option is EQ. Eq does 47%-58% damage. So switch in Sableye , take the Eq , WoW , then recover off the damage as Kanga and her baby smolders. A little more graphic than I intended lol.

Last edited:

zhixun

I really want that concept to make a return, X/Y didn't utilize it to its full aspect.

Hey, how about this? Mega Rayquaza OR/ Mega Rayquaza AS

What do you think?

If you give Rayquaza variations then I think Groudon and Kaiorga should be given as well. Since they are part of the weather trio and there is no reason to make Rayquaza stand out in my opinion.

If you give Rayquaza variations then I think Groudon and Kaiorga should be given as well. Since they are part of the weather trio and there is no reason to make Rayquaza stand out in my opinion.

I don't think it would have been that strange to give Rayquaza two Primals, and Kyogre and Groudon only one. After all, Rayquaza has always been the internal trio leader with higher BST and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.