• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
why does mega sabeleye remind me of Oshawott?

Machomacho

Mega Sabeleye... I'm less than impressed. Still, I suppose that it's fitting in that Mawile is an offensive beast while it appears Sabeleye is getting a major buff to its defenses.

I feel the same way. The gem thing is a nice aspect, but I wish it changed into something else like in mawile's case. Longer body, more devious looking would have definetely made it better.

Also I'm wondering if Ora's will recieve as many new mega evolutions as X and Y did. Would that make sense or do you guys think they would make more or less.

Gabry00023

I think they are not going to make OR&As and so they are trying to kill us with an overload of information. If you give me Flygon tomorrow, then GF consider me dead.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
why does mega sabeleye remind me of Oshawott?

Uh? I have no idea. Maybe because it has a item that it holds. Honestly I can't see any similarities between Mega Sableye and Oshawott expect you know being Pokemon.

true that could happen - im still thinking Blaziken may get another Mega Evo though as it has been out a year already before the games you actually get the Blazikenite (non-event) and it would give people a reason to use it again (other than it being your fave as it will be overshadowed by Mega Scep/Swamp)

I don't think Mega Blaziken will be that overshadowed. As you said it already had a year to shine, and there are still many who haven't had their hands on it because it is event'only.
If Blaziken got yet another Mega, now that would be overshadowing.

Last edited:

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
I wanted an evolution for Sableye, but DAMN I LOVE THIS.

I think that most changes will come of its stats. Probably keeps his awful HP and boost either both its attack or both its defenses.

Thing about this is the win-win situation:If it keeps Prankster would be cool because it's an awesome ability. But if it gains a new one you can actually take adavantge of both!! It's awesome.

I'm trembling with excitement. <3

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Also I'm wondering if Ora's will recieve as many new mega evolutions as X and Y did. Would that make sense or do you guys think they would make more or less.

That would imply roughly 30 Megas for ORAS, which I really don't see happening, XY was the game to introduce Mega Evolution so it gave a good launch roster, I'd say around 15 is the absolute max for ORAS, and that's a stretch. I'm not opposed to them adding as many Megas as XY, I just Really don't see it happening.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Mega sableye is red gemmed like a RUBY maybe that is Sableyenite Omega! And that we will get a attacker Sabeleye with the use of Sableyenite Alpha? It isn't like other pokemon haven't had two megas before :O

DragonMasterX34

if sableye doesnt get a different ability when it mega evolves, it will be absolutely game breaking.

prankster will o wisp or toxic+an increased defense+prankster recover stall?

its ridiculous. every wifi battle would take nearly an hour to finish just because of sableye. its ridiculous.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
something tells me that Sableye doesn't have the marketability that Mewtwo and Charizard do

I'm guessing the gem it's holding is red because red is a color

DANdotW

Previously Iota
^Lol, that'd be interesting actually. Then the Alpha would have it taller and with blue gem claws. Higher defence with Omega, higher attack with Alpha, lol.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
something tells me that Sableye doesn't have the marketability that Mewtwo and Charizard do

I'm guessing the gem it's holding is red because red is a color

I'm 95% sure that shield gem is red because it's actually its chest gem "Mega evolved".

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Loving Mega Sableye. I was really hoping for this because y'know Mawile, and I actually really like the design. The gem/rupee really appeals to my inner Zelda fan, and Sableye was already scary when you faced one competitively. I'm really interested to see the ability. Someone mentioned stance change, and I actually think that that one would be perfect. In defense mode he could use the rupee as a shield, and in attack mode he could use it as a weapon, after all, it does look quite sharp.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
Erm, I think the reason the gem is red is because it's the gem from inside it's stomach?

Oops, never mind - someone has already stated that. Hehe.

tictactucrac

It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!

It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!

Am i the only one thinking about Wonder Guard ? That would be so amazing. Not even game breaking because there's fairy weakness now.

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
if sableye doesnt get a different ability when it mega evolves, it will be absolutely game breaking.
prankster will o wisp or toxic+an increased defense+prankster recover stall?
its ridiculous. every wifi battle would take nearly an hour to finish just because of sableye. its ridiculous.
Game-Breaking is good, changing the metagame is healthy.

Besides, it will be break if changes as well :D

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Status
Not open for further replies.