• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajduk

Idk about the ability but that gem will sure absorb some damage.
Wonderguard would be just broken so...hmm...

interludes

Dark type trainer
what if Mega Sableye got a new ability? The trailer shows him megaevolving and then the ruby/shiled appears. What if his ability is some sort of a free Substitute, with no healt loss, that lasts 5 turns or something similar? would be pretty cool uh? (maybe a little OP & Noivern everywhere!)

askaloso

Not Sableye getting a huge defence and sp. defence boost. L'slayy

I'm still betting my chips on Sableye will get an ability that allow him to be invincible as long as he stays behind his gem. As broken as it may seems, it fit the profile. " It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!" I'm guessing as long other pokemons can only attack it in a turn where sableye is using attacking move...

Even if it's not an automatic ability, I assume it will be like stance change, maybe 'Shelter' which bring along a signature move for sableye like withdraw which make sableye hide behind his gem until he attacks. Maybe he will get two signature attack, like an defensive and attacking moves revolving around the gem.

Other than that.. Hm.. I think the ability will boost priority move such as sucker punch base power. Sableye will get a passive defensive boost from stat and an ability that raise the base power of priority moves..

sheld999

what if Mega Sableye got a new ability? The trailer shows him megaevolving and then the ruby/shiled appears. What if his ability is some sort of a free Substitute, with no healt loss, that lasts 5 turns or something similar? would be pretty cool uh? (maybe a little OP & Noivern everywhere!)

the ruby is from his tummy the gem extends and gets bigger

dansm

Don't know if this was mentioned, but it could be stance change or something very similar as Sableye's ability

tictactucrac

Don't know if this was mentioned, but it could be stance change or something very similar as Sableye's ability

Except we've seen in the trailer that it won't be anything like stance change. It won't have any "stance".

Right now only Prankster and Wonderguard make sense.

I don't think they'll create any new ability for this remake.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Sableye would be really strong with wonder guard.....maybe it should stick with prankster even though the description makes it seem it has some kind of defensive kind of ability

5221A

Except we've seen in the trailer that it won't be anything like stance change. It won't have any "stance".

Right now only Prankster and Wonderguard make sense.

I don't think they'll create any new ability for this remake.
Wonder Guard is impossible. Stance change is very likely, unless you tell me why we won't get it it's what I think will happen.

Aielyn

That is not confirmed for mega evolutions except for starters/ Diancie/ Latias/ Latios since we are not sure that the leader will use 323 Bakuuda or 319 Samehader. But I do agree there will be at least ten new mega Pokémon introduced in ORAS.
Can I make a suggestion? If you type in the number with semicolons ( ; ) on either side, it'll make a smiley of the pokemon, so it'll be nice and clear who you're talking about. Since you clearly don't mind putting the numbers in, it'll just make things easier (I'm assuming you only know them by their Japanese names, thus why you write like that). So you'd go ;323; Bakuuda, for instance - ( ; 323 ; ), without the spaces around the number.

Anyway, I'm pleased that Sableye is getting a mega evolution. For the ability, I think a natural choice in concept would be Filter... but it would suck if they actually chose it, since it would only affect Fairy type moves (unless Mega Sableye's type changes, which is unlikely given that it's basically just Sableye with a big gem). If I were going to give it an ability for battle purposes (while still being thematically appropriate), I'd probably go with either Adaptability, Magic Guard, Sturdy, or Technician.

Personally, I'd like it to get Technician. It has a fairly nice set of appropriate moves - Incinerate, Aerial Ace, Feint Attack, Hidden Power, Thief, Power Up Punch, and if given by Move Tutors (or transferred from previous Gens), Water Pulse, Shock Wave, and Ominous Wind. And I could see it also being given access to a few more appropriate moves, like Shadow Punch, Ancientpower*, Silver Wind, and Swift.

I could also see it being given Draining Kiss, if only to round out its moveset. Anyway, with an appropriate power boost, it could make for a good setup.

* How does it not already have Ancientpower?

EDIT:
Wonder Guard is impossible. Stance change is very likely, unless you tell me why we won't get it it's what I think will happen.
Wonder Guard is impossible... unless it gets a type change. For instance, Dark/Fairy would be weak to Poison, Steel, and Fairy. Ghost/Rock (think of the big gem as a rock, same as Carbink's Fairy/Rock) would be weak to Water, Grass, Ground, Ghost, Dark, and Steel. I don't think it'll happen, but it's by no means impossible.

Last edited:
I'd be VERY surprised if they gave M-Sableye Wonder Guard. the only Pokemon with that ability now has the crucial, unique balancing factor of 1 HP (in addition to its 5 weaknesses)...giving that ability to a Pokemon with considerably more HP and only 1 weakness would be a huge leap.

of course, it COULD happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Aielyn

I'd be VERY surprised if they gave M-Sableye Wonder Guard. the only Pokemon with that ability now has the crucial, unique balancing factor of 1 HP (in addition to its 5 weaknesses)...giving that ability to a Pokemon with considerably more HP and only 1 weakness would be a huge leap.

of course, it COULD happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
It's the only pokemon that gets it as a normal ability, but it's able to be Traced, so Mega Alakazam, Porygon, Porygon2, Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir can all get it.

BorrelnootjeNL

OR they do give Sableye Wonder Guard, but with lowered defenses and being a pure dark type, meaning it has three weaknesses.

Or maybe a different kind of wonder guard, which holds until damage IS dealt by a super effective move, or status, after which the shield bursts/disappears.

Elchar

I am wondering what will Sableye's Mega stone be called. Sableyenite seems a bit mouthfull to me. Maybe Sablenite?

5221A

-snip
* How does it not already have Ancientpower?

EDIT:

Wonder Guard is impossible... unless it gets a type change. For instance, Dark/Fairy would be weak to Poison, Steel, and Fairy. Ghost/Rock (think of the big gem as a rock, same as Carbink's Fairy/Rock) would be weak to Water, Grass, Ground, Ghost, Dark, and Steel. I don't think it'll happen, but it's by no means impossible.

It has Power Gem(I'm almost certain), which is better than Ancient Power.

I agree with you, only having one type that can hit you is messed up. That means you have to have [at least] one Pokemon on your team just to take out Sableye. Which is new, I mean M-Kangaskan, Blazakin, ect. 2-3 Pokemon can probable take them out without troubles, but you only have ONE Pokemon to take out another is messed up, and having to run 2+ Pokemon will kill the game.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Don't know why some people are so dead set on Stance Change when it very clearly did not do anything like Stance Change when it attacked in the trailer. It hardly came out from behind the gem! It could happen, of course, but since we've seen it attack and it didn't change form or anything, I don't think it's very likely. I actually think a new ability (or it'll keep Prankster) is what's going to happen since nothing we currently have seems to fit too well.

Aielyn

It has Power Gem(I'm almost certain), which is better than Ancient Power.

I agree with you, only having one type that can hit you is messed up. That means you have to have [at least] one Pokemon on your team just to take out Sableye. Which is new, I mean M-Kangaskan, Blazakin, ect. 2-3 Pokemon can probable take them out without troubles, but you only have ONE Pokemon to take out another is messed up, and having to run 2+ Pokemon will kill the game.
Ancientpower with Technician would be more powerful than Power Gem by 10.

EDIT:
Don't know why some people are so dead set on Stance Change when it very clearly did not do anything like Stance Change when it attacked in the trailer. It hardly came out from behind the gem! It could happen, of course, but since we've seen it attack and it didn't change form or anything, I don't think it's very likely. I actually think a new ability (or it'll keep Prankster) is what's going to happen since nothing we currently have seems to fit too well.
You're assuming that we were seeing the Defense stance before it attacked. We didn't see Sableye use any status moves, so it's possible that it actually does something like, say, absorb itself into the gem to protect itself during a defensive move.

Last edited:

BorrelnootjeNL

I just realised, that when Slaking does get a mega-form with an abilitychange that is not negative but the mega slightly alters your stats negatively, you could actually wreck at full power the first turn, and mega-evolve the second...

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just realised, that when Slaking does get a mega-form with an abilitychange that is not negative but the mega slightly alters your stats negatively, you could actually wreck at full power the first turn, and mega-evolve the second...

Negative stats wouldn't be worth the mega.
Choice Banded Slaking would still be surperior because hit and run is better than a nerfed Slaking.

Grey Wind

Personally, I'd like it to get Technician. It has a fairly nice set of appropriate moves - Incinerate, Aerial Ace, Feint Attack, Hidden Power, Thief, Power Up Punch, and if given by Move Tutors (or transferred from previous Gens), Water Pulse, Shock Wave, and Ominous Wind. And I could see it also being given access to a few more appropriate moves, like Shadow Punch, Ancientpower*, Silver Wind, and Swift.
Technician would actually be pretty cool, but they seem to be going the defensive route with Mega Sableye (in contrast to Mawile's focus on offense) so I dunno if they'd give it an ability that's only really useful on an offensive Sableye. I think it's likely to keep Prankster, or maybe get something else to help with its role as a defensive Pokemon.

Not directed at you, but I don't see why Wonder Guard is even being considered. That would be the most broken thing ever.

You're assuming that we were seeing the Defense stance before it attacked. We didn't see Sableye use any status moves, so it's possible that it actually does something like, say, absorb itself into the gem to protect itself during a defensive move.
Eh... I don't see it as likely. Stance Change is what came to my mind first (god that would be so cool), but the description says that it "shelters behind the jewel", so I doubt it has an even more offensive stance (I don't see it going from super defensive stance to regular defensive stance; its offensive position would probably be something more... offensive). It'd also have to learn King's Shield.

At the above posts, I doubt Slaking will get a mega because then its BST will be beaten only by Mega Mewtwo (and possibly on par with Primal Groudon and Kyogre).

Status
Not open for further replies.