• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
There was already a mega aggron yet they created mega metagross. Just because one trainer has one pokemon capable of mega evolution doesn't mean they can't create another.

That's because Metagross is Steven's ace. Aggron was just one of his pawns I guess you could say. But why give Shiftry or Cacturne a M-Evo when Sidney's Ace Pokemon already has a M-Evo? It wouldn't make much sense.

Firebrand

Indomitable
This would be a good point if not for the fact that we're still getting megas during the main story

Honestly, it's pretty likely that Beldum Steven will likely still give us in the postgame will be holding the mega stone, ala Diantha's Ralts. I suppose if someone really wanted to use the Iron Eyesore in game they could just play through the game, trade the Beldum over and restart, because that's probably the only way to do it.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Honestly, it's pretty likely that Beldum Steven will likely still give us in the postgame will be holding the mega stone, ala Diantha's Ralts. I suppose if someone really wanted to use the Iron Eyesore in game they could just play through the game, trade the Beldum over and restart, because that's probably the only way to do it.

What about PokeBank though? Can't it be transferred through that process?

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
As far as MegaGross sure, but I meant as far as having a regular Metagross before post game.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
This would be a good point if not for the fact that we're still getting megas during the main story

But that's my point R_N. Once you get a MEvo in-game, it's just gg. Megagross, Charizard, Blaziken, doesn't matter they all just squash whatever's in your way at one point. I'd rather get the MEvos post-game for comp, completion, etc.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Pokebank doesn't allow items.

Precisely, and...

As far as MegaGross sure, but I meant as far as having a regular Metagross before post game.

Yes, but I'm reasonably sure that the conversation is centering around having the Iron Eyesore to steamroll through the game with.

But that's my point R_N. Once you get a MEvo in-game, it's just gg. Megagross, Charizard, Blaziken, doesn't matter they all just squash whatever's in your way at one point. I'd rather get the MEvos post-game for comp, completion, etc.

Honestly, I didn't use any megas until I went up against Diantha (mostly because I thought they were consumable items until about Anistar City and then realized that was stupid, and then just because I didn't need to mega evolve). Honestly I just kind of wanted to have a mega of my own go up against Mega Gardevoir, I don't really think I needed to use it.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Yes, but I'm reasonably sure that the conversation is centering around having the Iron Eyesore to steamroll through the game with.

I see your point there. I do think you're on point with receiving the mega stone along with Beldum from Steven, it makes the most sense.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's because Metagross is Steven's ace. Aggron was just one of his pawns I guess you could say. But why give Shiftry or Cacturne a M-Evo when Sidney's Ace Pokemon already has a M-Evo? It wouldn't make much sense.

Maybe GameFreak just wants to showcase a new Mega Pokemon? Not that I'm entirely convinced that Shiftry will get a Mega in OR/AS.

Pilpulp

美的
The in-battle screenshot makes Megagross look even cooler. It's a shame some of us won't get a Beldum until postgame.
Even if we trade a Beldum over to ORAS, we might not get the Metagrossite until postgame as well.

Now, I shall wait for Mega Salamence.

Yeah... It wouldn't quite make sense for Mega Metagross's big reveal in-game to be matched by you sending out your Mega Metagross too...

I'm seeing a Diantha Ralts situation happen.

R_N

Well then it wouldn't matter if Metagross was given during the main game, would it? One nuke, 2 nukes, its all nukes

Besides not like anyone is forcing you to use the megas.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Not getting a beldum until post game (or not getting it's Mega-Stone until then) is something I'm worried about happening. I agree, Mega-Metagross looks too cool to wait to use until after beating the Elite 4.
I'm still going to hold on to the hope of beldum being available in the wild, or transferring one form X/Y (assuming I caught one on those games).

I'm not saying that obtaining Beldum is the problem; it's getting the Metagrossite.
Who knows what changes are made that could hell us obtain Beldum and the Metagrossite pre-E4.

Yeah... It wouldn't quite make sense for Mega Metagross's big reveal in-game to be matched by you sending out your Mega Metagross too...

I'm seeing a Diantha Ralts situation happen.

I'd really appreciate it if the Metagrossite was actually obtainable in, idunno, Mossdeep City, or even Meteor Falls.
Well, now to think of it, if Mega Salamence is ever made or revealed, I'd see the Salamencite in Meteor Falls seeing as you catch Bagon there.

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
I'm wondering if Seviper and/or Zangoose will get megas.

I don't think I would be surprised if every single pokemon obtained a mega evolution at some point.

Last edited:

rhynosaurus

I like that Mega Metagross looks like an amalgam of it's evolutionary line. While some of the Megas pull some features from pre-evolutions, M-Metagross and M-Tyranitar look like really cool fusions of their line. It makes me wonder how insane a Mega Magnezone could be!

I'm hoping Altaria gets a Mega. With it having some Fairy-type moves, I'm hopeful for a retyping, but I'd just be pleased with some stat boosts. I think Dragon/Fairy with Levitate would be amazing.

Mega Torkoal, Mega Wailord, Mega Kekleon, Mega Milotic, and Mega Roserade would be welcome. <3

Chaos Rush

While I don't have a problem with Mega Metagross in and of itself, I'm actually pretty disappointed that they've basically just spoiled the final boss for us. It would have been a pleasant surprise, like how they kept Mega Gardevoir under wraps in X & Y. But seriously, you don't just freaking spoil the final boss of the game months before release, that's just plain wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.