• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I would really like to see Shiftry getting a Mega Evolution, since he has always been one of my favorite Pokémon from Hoenn.

I also noticed Sydney's Shiftry using Leaf Blade, which it can't learn in any other Pokémon game. It's quite interesting to give him a much needed physical Grass-move.

Shiftry and Ludicolo, which are version exclusive could then have a Mega Evolution each, and perhaps have their Mega Stone in the opposite game, so you then would have to trade, just like the case with Houndoom and Manectric in Pokémon XY :)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I dont think shuckle should get a mega I mean the little guy is fine.

Gabry00023

MegaShuckle's stats could be: 20/147/145/147/145/1

Its ability could be a brand new one called "Initiative" that would always make it move first.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Perhaps it sounds a bit OP, but a Mega Shuckle with Solid Rock would be a nightmare to take Down...

gliscor&yanmega

My thoughts on some the Pokemon that are eligible for a Mega Evolution from Generation 3:

Mightyena-I would like it to get one. I don't think it has the best chance to get one but better odds than some others. I would imagine it would basically be an improved version of it, let it keep Moxie, give it a main boost in Speed and Attack, and whatever is left over gets split between the defenses. Something along the lines of Attack getting 30, Defense 10, Special Defense 20, and Speed 40, both Attack and Speed would be in top 100, and with Moxie it has a good way to boost its Attack even more.

Linoone-I don't really care if it were to get one. I don't really think it will get one. It's kind of in the same situation as Mightyena though(Both have the same bast stat total too). Attack and Speed getting the bigger boosts, and giving the rest to the defenses, although Speed could probably manage getting just 20, would make it in the top 30 in that case. Ability could use a change for something for convenient, such as Speed Boost.

Beautifly-Don't really care, but I think it may have a good shot. Again, boost in Speed and Special Attack, giving the defenses whatever is left. Ability change to something more useful.

Dustox-I would imagine if one were to get it the other would too, then again Dustox didn't get a +10 boost like Beautifly did so...who knows. I would imagine it would get main boosts in the defenses. Compound Eyes is kind of useless for it since most of its moves already have high Accuracy. Shield Dust could be fine on it but it could probably get a better defensive Ability, or maybe just get Prankster.

Ludicolo-I wouldn't mind it getting one. I think it has a good enough chance to get one. I could see Ludicolo just being improved on or being made to be used in a different way. I have a tough time seeing where exactly they would take it, keeping Swift Swim seems like the best option where it can ignore getting any boost there and let it go to other stats.

Shiftry-Again, if one gets it I think the other would too. And again, could see it improved or be used in a different way. It also has a Speed doubling Ability that it could just keep and let the Mega boost go to other stats.

Swellow-Wouldn't mind one, I could see it getting one too. It's Speed is already high, could let the boost go for its other stats, maybe it can lose a little in Speed and let it get more for its defenses, it seems better for it to just hit fast and hit hard though. Guts would be harder to use though, would be better off used in Double/Triple where you can use your other Pokemon to Burn it or whatever, so perhaps a different Ability, maybe Gale Wings.

Pelipper-Wouldn't mind one but don't really think it will happen. Seems better of being defensive, so improvement for it, increasing it's defenses and Special Attack, maybe even lose Speed to let it go to something more rewarding. Rain Dish should be fine on it for a defensive approach so it has more options to recover.

Masquerain-Would like one if it got back the Water typing other wise wouldn't really care. Don't really expect it to get one, and if it were to get one I don't think it would get the Water typing back. It has Quiver Dance so getting Mega boost in those stats would probably be the best. It would probably be better off with a different Ability, maybe Speed Boost.

Breloom-Don't really care but could see it getting one. I could see it getting an improvement or just get used differently. Technician stays or gets Iron Fist. Perhaps loss in Speed to let its defenses get more of a boost, and give Attack a little boost itself. Something along the lines of Attack getting 40, both defenses getting 40 each, and Speed drops 20, has Mach Punch benefit from either Ability and it's lack of Speed doesn't matter.

Continuing on:

Slaking-I kind of want one just to see what they'll do with it, I think it could get one too(I like the idea of Norman challenging us to a Mega Battle, and it would be better off if he were to use a Mega for his ace, which is Slaking). The only thing is, I really can't see it losing Truant, Slaking itself already has the highest base stat total of all non-Legendary and non-Mega Pokemon(And despite that, it still has a higher one then a handful of each, there are only 19 Pokemon with a higher base stat total). Mega Evolution means 100 boost in stats, so in the end, only Mega Mewtwo X/Y would have a higher base stat. Of course, there is always Skill Swap, as such I imagine Slaking would just get the boost. It's Special Defense may be neglected(+10 or if even that) so that it has some kind of drawback outside of Truant which wouldn't be much of a draw back onces it's switched with Skill Swap, maybe lose a little in Speed(I don't know why it has 100 in the first place...it's a lazy giant Sloth Gorilla thing...I'm surprised it even bothers picking its nose). They could possibly neglect it's Attack too and give it a big boost in Special Attack, that way it can be used more differently.

Ninjask-Would like to see it with one, not really expecting it unfortunately. If it keeps its Speed and Speed Boost then there's really no need to give it any boost(Other then to stick it to Deoxys Speed and get the title of highest Speed, which it only needs 21 to do). It could as such just get something simple as 20/30 boost in defenses and 40/60 in Attack. It could maybe lose some Speed and give defenses or Attack more of a boost, losing 20-40 while still having Speed Boost doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal especially if it gets more bulk or power, at 120 it'll be in top 30. Also, perhaps a change back to it's type as Nincada, it becoming a grounded Bug could explain it's Speed lost(Losing the ability to fly).

Shedinja-This is another I'm curious to see what they do with, but I don't really expect it to get one. Since apparently Megas can't get HP boosts, it would likely keep it's Ability and would hopefully get no change in defenses(If anything, loses defenses since they are basically useless for it). Speed and Attack better off getting the whole boost.

Exploud-Don't really care if it gets one, don't really see it getting one either. I would guess it would get a different Ability, not sure what, maybe Sheer Force. Maybe it gets no change in defenses and gets the boosts for the other stats.

Hariyama-I'd be fine with it getting one, and I could see it getting one. I think maybe just give it 20 each in defenses and 60 for Attack. Could keep Sheer Force or get something else to power up it's Attack or moves, perhaps Anger Point. With Critical Hits being more likely and less powerful, it's not as big of a risk as it would be before. In Doubles/Triples, Anger Point could be easily done with Storm Throw or Ice Breath.

ebevan91

I'm hoping they don't go too overboard with the Mega Evolutions. The only ones I want to see (that haven't been announced) are Mega Camerupt, Sharpedo, Milotic, and Salamence.

That's it. Then maybe some for 5th gen when they make the 3rd version "Z" or whatever it's called.

Blasting Toise

I would like to see mega Wailord and mega Tropius, maybe mega Altaria, but not really mega Milotic or mega Salamence... but that's just me. Sharpedo and Camerupt megas would be awesome- for Archie and Maxie respectively though :D

A bit off-topic, but how does Mega Shuckle sound to everyone?

No thank you- that would be something horrible to face in battle...

Mega Slaking would be nice but that would have slow start or something anyway XD

Last edited:

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
I dont think shuckle should get a mega I mean the little guy is fine.

We've had a lot of pokemon that are fine get Megas so far. It would be great if Megas were given out on a basis of needy-ness but that isn't the case.

Actually getting hyped for a possible Mega-lotic. If they're going with the counterpart aspect of Milotic it's possible that they'll give it Fairy. Psychic is also a lesser possibility for a secondary typing. I can see Megalotic getting pretty great boosts to her bulk...

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
My thoughts on some the Pokemon that are eligible for a Mega Evolution from Generation 3:

Swellow-Wouldn't mind one, I could see it getting one too. It's Speed is already high, could let the boost go for its other stats, maybe it can lose a little in Speed and let it get more for its defenses, it seems better for it to just hit fast and hit hard though. Guts would be harder to use though, would be better off used in Double/Triple where you can use your other Pokemon to Burn it or whatever, so perhaps a different Ability, maybe Gale Wings.

I'd rather have a mixed Mega Swellow with Scrappy and a boost to both attacks and speed (120 ATT, 110 SPA, 130 SPD) than your typical guts Swellow or with gale wings (Talonflame clone?). It'd play different, mainly abusing Boomburst to the pits of hell. Also it'd have the chance to ACTUALLY damage Steels & Rocks with Heat Wave/Hidden Power. My 2 cents.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I love your Mega Glalie idea! :) I would want that so badly.
Why thank you :) I've always liked Glalie, but his stats are too balanced, but a Mega would be the perfect fix.

Ti4558

Id like to see Mega Ludicolo, Shiftry, Swellow, Breloom, Altaria, Zangoose, Seviper, Flygon, Milotic, and Salamence .

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
And give Machamp more arms xD. Nah Mega Ludicolo with a new ability called absorbtion when you attack it with either a grass or water type move it heals Ludiclo M.

I also noticed Sydney's Shiftry using Leaf Blade, which it can't learn in any other Pokémon game. It's quite interesting to give him a much needed physical Grass-move.

Do you even seed bomb bruh.

No, but, seriously, as long as we're talking about version exclusives, I have to bring up zangoose and seviper again. Zangoose could be normal/fighting and seviper could be poison/dark. Give 'em both sheer force. Because talent. Actually, I could see mega zangoose with tough claws, but...we already have 3 tough claws megas (zard, aero, and now metagross). Justified could work, but it makes zangoose feel too much like the 'good guy,' y'know? Gamefreak has done a pretty good job of making them both look like jerks so far. Any thoughts?

Ti4558

Do you even seed bomb bruh.

No, but, seriously, as long as we're talking about version exclusives, I have to bring up zangoose and seviper again. Zangoose could be normal/fighting and seviper could be poison/dark. Give 'em both sheer force. Because talent. Actually, I could see mega zangoose with tough claws, but...we already have 3 tough claws megas (zard, aero, and now metagross). Justified could work, but it makes zangoose feel too much like the 'good guy,' y'know? Gamefreak has done a pretty good job of making them both look like jerks so far. Any thoughts?

I think even though 3 other mega shave tough claws zangoose still should get it since its claws are its best assets and that ability is very strong. And as for Seviper maybe strong jaw.

As for Zangoose no matter what this thing is gonna kill everything. Forget mega Metagross Zangoose has sword dance which just makes it even more powerful. You could run sword dance, close combat, return, and shadow claw. Even without tough claws with a good increase and speed and attack it will kill. And with tough claws it would just be insane since all the moves I just mentioned could utilize tough claws. So if Zangoose got a mega it could easily be the next Lucario and go to ubers.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
There is no way Mega Zangoose is getting anything other than Toxic Boost, it's his signature ability.

Now if only Mega Seviper can get one.

Baby V Alex

Somebody please think about Mega Gorebyss and Mega Huntail

Status
Not open for further replies.