• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I dont understand why people want to gibe a pojemon a mega so it goes OU...UU mons can be used at OU. And OU is determined by usage.Just look at pinsir nowadays either he goes for Mpinsir or a subpar Choice set. It cant be played effectively in OU without its mega...Why would you want a good uu mon to be pushed into a tier where it will be medicre at best. OU isnt a synonim of power it is about usage..,

When a Pokémon is overused then it has to be strong enough to sustain that usage. Obviously a Pokémon is underused when it lacks something compared to the others.

The stats, moveset, ability and typing justify it and that's why a Mega evolution can help a UU Pokémon. That's all they meant.

XXD17

Draco rex
mediocre??? did you see that monster? one SD and the game is practically over all you need to do is get rid of rotom-W,talonflame and balloon steel types (or bronzong but he isn't used in OU).

I think he's referring to regular pinsir being mediocre...not mega pinsir...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
mediocre??? did you see that monster? one SD and the game is practically over all you need to do is get rid of rotom-W,talonflame and balloon steel types (or bronzong but he isn't used in OU).

Dude im talking about regular pinsir. Regular pinsir and its Mevo are OU leaving normal pinsir preetty much useless unless he mega evolves. If regular pinsir would be UU he would work as a fearsome force and answer to sone stuff running rampant on that enviroment. Do you want your fave mon to be cursed with being only usable if it eats the megaslot? Thats the question i tried to make but apparently failed to.

Ilan

Dude im talking about regular pinsir. Regular pinsir and its Mevo are OU leaving normal pinsir preetty much useless unless he mega evolves. If regular pinsir would be UU he would work as a fearsome force and answer to sone stuff running rampant on that enviroment. Do you want your fave mon to be cursed with being only usable if it eats the megaslot? Thats the question i tried to make but apparently failed to.

in lower tiers I don't find strong enough mega evos there is overcentralization of them.. in UU what we got? absol and blastoise?

I have no real favs as there are over 700 by now.. how can you even have a favorite in all that lol.. I am ok with it.. it's not like charizard was even used before except noobs who took redws team in low OU ladder.

XXD17

Draco rex

I never knew regular pinsir was OU. I thought it was like lucario, gengar, and kangaskhan where the regular and megas are in different tiers...well, the more you know...on a more positive note though, with aegislash gone, mega pinsir can run close combat again! :D

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
Do you want your fave mon to be cursed with being only usable if it eats the megaslot? Thats the question i tried to make but apparently failed to

This. Before the whole mega evo was released with every new gen there are great hopes for a further evo or possibly a new form for our fav pokes. If mega evos didn't exist then the discussion would be back to that but as the meg evos have been playing into our wishes
(Pinsir getting some love, I've heard many calls for this over the years) then it's the logical route people are going to take. With the limits of megas on a team though your going to have to pick one of the favs to stick too (if the other favs are not OU worthy)

Luthor

Given we already have a mega scizor i'm hoping he other metal coat pokemon get's a mega as well. Mega steelix would be interesting. They could pick from a lot of abilities from something like solid rock or something unexpected like water absorb. I think it'd maintain it's typing though.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Given we already have a mega scizor i'm hoping he other metal coat pokemon get's a mega as well. Mega steelix would be interesting. They could pick from a lot of abilities from something like solid rock or something unexpected like water absorb. I think it'd maintain it's typing though.

Mega Steelix! How did I not think about this before?

I want it, Game Freak!!!

CanadianGuyEh

Mega Steelix! How did I not think about this before?

I want it, Game Freak!!!

With Levitate as it's ability... Time to troll!

Mega Steelix uses Earthquake, foes can't use ground moves back = win.

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Honestly, we need Pokemon from Gen V to get Megas, the fact that an entire Generation doesn't have a single Pokemon among it's ranks annoys me. Really, that's what I want in a nutshell, Megas from Gen V, no more from Kanto as they already got the most representation in X/Y when it came to Megas, so if they do give more to Gen 1 Mons, I hope they don't go overboard with it. There's been this idea in my head for awhile now, Flying/Fighting Mega Braviary? Anyone? No? Okay...

Last edited:
Maybe this 'Mega-Evolution scoop' we're supposed to get this month is going to be a whole bunch of Gen 5 megas? :D

If so, please MSamurott and MHydreigon, Gamefreak!

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Only Jynx should get a Mega Evo from Gen I and I hope they give it to her now and then 1 from Gen V as well followed by an equal number for Gen V in X2Y2.

sheerioxo

I know it's unlikely, but I just REALLY want a Mega Golduck. le sigh

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I know it's unlikely, but I just REALLY want a Mega Golduck. le sigh

I share the same feelings somewhat, as I think it is a pretty cool Pokémon.
Water/Psychic Mega Golduck, anyone?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I'm roughly a week we'll be getting leaks of the mega evolutions from coro coro. so I'm excited for that, don't wanna throw any guesses as to who will get megas but I mean it's already likely that camerupt and sharpedo will be getting some and I think those are two cool hoenn pokemon that can use the boosts.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Gen V Mega?

I want to see how are they going to handle Pokemon with alternate form that is change-able in a battle, so I wish Meloetta gets a Mega :p

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Gen V Mega?

I want to see how are they going to handle Pokemon with alternate form that is change-able in a battle, so I wish Meloetta gets a Mega :p

Perhaps there will be a different Mega form for each individual Form, both using the same mega stone.
That is, assuming that such a pokémon even receives a Mega.

ShadowMaster666

Lord of Darkness
One Mega I'd love to see is Mega Archeops that loses Defeatist for something else but that would be terribly op'd unless it had something like Truant to counter its monstrous Atk and Spd combination.

-Nator-

I don't see any other fossils gaining a Mega. Aerodactyl was the exception to the rule because it's the ONLY fossil without a counterpart.

I can't wait for the next CoroCoro scans to pop up and give us some new ME's, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.