• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I'm really excited for these two new megas! Altaria really needed it, and I'll be completely honest and say I would never have guessed a Lopunny mega!

Baby V Alex

Mega Altaria better have the Froufrou's ability!!!

Plus Britney (My Loppuny) is getting a mega I just can't I'm dead.

EDIT: just saw the main site, still happy

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
It's more of a 'hallelujah' with Mega Altaria and 'what the hell' with Mega Lopunny. I never expect the Pokemon Company to choose those two! Mega Altaria, OH HEAVENS YES! Mega Lopunny... I'm having mixed feelings with.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I think Mega Altaria would be a great fit for Diantha in x2y2/z. Diantha has a thing for dragons, fairies, and megas and Mega Altaria hits all three. Not to mention their designs are very similar.
It's more of a 'hallelujah' with Mega Altaria and 'what the hell' with Mega Lopunny. I never expect the Pokemon Company to choose those two! Mega Altaria, OH HEAVENS YES! Mega Lopunny... I'm having mixed feelings with.
My thoughts exactly.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Alteria has betrayed all Dragon-Types by becoming a Fairy. I will never use an Alteria again (I absolutely loathe Fairy-Types).

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
It makes so much sense now as to why Altaria got Moonblast! I was really surprised when I battled Drasna and found out that Altaria could learn it.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Alteria has betrayed all Dragon-Types by becoming a Fairy. I will never use an Alteria again (I absolutely loathe Fairy-Types).

I used to hate them, too. I warmed up a little. But if you were to give Altaria a mega, would you not give it fairy typing? It was born to be a fairy!

Ninfia-Fan

I don't see what GF were going for with releasing Mega Lopunny, but Mega Altaria was expected and I think it's great. A few people were hoping for Dragon/Fairy Altaria and thy got it. I can' tray I'm disappointed with either.

lavanda

Really feeling it
So dex expanded outside of cross-evolutions confirmed? Not really a discussion for here, though.

I must say, I like Mega Lopunny better than Mega Altaria... looks like it will keep being the forgettable Dragon for me. Just funny to see how some people's guesses were spot on. G̶F̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶s̶

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Mega Lopunny needed a mega or evolution. It was always bottom class but with a good move pool but mediocre stats. Plus i like how they took away from its weird playboy bunny esque pose and made her a fighter.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard

I think that regular Altaria is still Dragon/Flying. Feel free to continue use of regular Altaria. YOu seem like you don't buy into mega evolution anyways. I personally like it, but don't want to see it last.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
MegaLopunny looks good, and I do like that typing and ability for it. MegaAltaria on the other hand doesn't really appeal to me, though at least it'll be interesting to see a Dragon/Fairy in action, particularly with Pixilate Hyper Voice under its belt.

Ninfia-Fan

Mega Salamence.

image.jpg

This is awesome! It seems like it will get a boost to its speed judging from its design. So it loses it's arms and gets a throwback to Shelgon? That's interesting.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Mega altaria went full fairy...Ill swallow my words i do miss the flying type but i can ignore it coz ITS SO FLUFFY!!!! I guess its so FLUFFY it cant fly anymore.

I never expected megapunny. Gotta say i love the scrappy concept. We got ouself a diverse as hell mon thay can treathen ghost types and even bp out. Is this the first mega evo with acces to healing wish?

Also did megamence went full Pinsir crobat? Ugh AERILATE MENCE WOULD BE SCARY.

lavanda

Really feeling it
MegaLopunny looks good, and I do like that typing and ability for it. MegaAltaria on the other hand doesn't really appeal to me, though at least it'll be interesting to see a Dragon/Fairy in action, particularly with Pixilate Hyper Voice under its belt.
Lol, finally, I was getting a little desperate here. I'll take some time getting used to M-Altaria, it's just... odd.

Oh, look, Salamence.

Status
Not open for further replies.