• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I have a question about the -ate abilities like aerilate and pixilate, do they give STAB and then the additional boost? or is that boost supposed to take the place of STAB since they're not actually the same type?

Raikou_fan

Kinda disappointed in Salamence. Aerilate is definitely nice for it, but I hate the way it looks. I don't think I could make myself use it just because it looks so ridiculous.

Altaria looks awesome. IT'S SO FLUFFY!!! I love it. Dragon/Fairy is really an interesting type. It definitely gives it a niche over the other dragons. It's stats will determine whether it's worth using in the Mega slot, though. I hope so, I'd love to use it.

Lopunny was... Unexpected, anyway. I don't care for its design, but normal/fighting with scrappy has a lot of potential. Again, I want to see its stats.

So... Now where's the rest of them? There has to be more than just 3. Where is Mega Milotic???

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Ahhhh Mega Salamence looks weird.

Gah it's between Altaria and Salamence for my team. x_x

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have a question about the -ate abilities like aerilate and pixilate, do they give STAB and then the additional boost? or is that boost supposed to take the place of STAB since they're not actually the same type?

Both STAB and the -ate boost are applied, so the total multiplier is 1.95.

KKS-Lapras

i am in love with mega altaria & lopunny but i am dying of laughter from mega salamence. what is even happening there

also i like how the mega evolution scoop was...3 megas.

Dude, you read my mind, on every point you made, lol.

I'm really surprised about Mega-Lopunny, not only with the Gen 4 inclusion, but also at how good it actually looks. But Mega-Altaria is my favorite Mega, period, thus far, out of all the ones we know to exist.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I can't believe that people don't like Mega Salamence. In my opinion it ranks in the top five coolest Mega Evolutions.

KKS-Lapras

So... Now where's the rest of them? There has to be more than just 3. Where is Mega Milotic???

That's my best guess for the most likely remaining to get one as well. Question is, when will we see it?

TheEliteEmpoleon

The normal type move will recieve a 30% boost, along with any additional modifiers (including STAB). So, both.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Mega Lopunny... wouldn't that imply they're expanding the Hoenn dex past just the new evolutions of G3 mons?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
How can you say Mega Salamence looks like a frisbee when it's not even a full disk? I've never seen a crescent-shaped frisbee before.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Mega Lopunny... wouldn't that imply they're expanding the Hoenn dex past just the new evolutions of G3 mons?

Hopefully; Mega Blaziken at least had the excuse of being an event for not including Torchic in the Dex.

Though, some of the Mega Evolutions revealed before XY's release were post-game, so I wouldn't take it as confirmed just yet.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
How can you say Mega Salamence looks like a frisbee when it's not even a full disk? I've never seen a crescent-shaped frisbee before.

Maybe a boomerang?

Baby V Alex

It looks like but the agaun we got MBlaziken it X/Y... waut for it... SINNOH CONFIRMEDDD

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Hopefully; Mega Blaziken at least had the excuse of being an event for not including Torchic in the Dex.

Though, some of the Mega Evolutions revealed before XY's release were post-game, so I wouldn't take it as confirmed just yet.

Yeah, that's a good thing to keep in mind.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It resembles a boomerang more than a frisbee imo. Either way, I actually like its design. It looks more aerodynamic now.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Oh and @Excitable boy I love your sig. The regis need a godamn boost. Give them megas for crying out loud. I am tired of them being neglected. Regigigas needs a primal.

KKS-Lapras

It looks like but the agaun we got MBlaziken it X/Y... waut for it... SINNOH CONFIRMEDDD

I so would laugh if they did somehow put Sinnoh in there, for some personal reasons, it would be vindication to what others told me is impossible.

Mega-Salamance isn't a bad design, it's just hard to make out the design in general from that picture, like Mega-Megagross was last month.

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
My thoughts:
1. Altaria - Look pretty good although I would've liked it more if it kept its sky blue color. It's definitely grabbed a spot on my future AS team!

2. Lopunny - Uh... totally wasn't expecting this one. Not too happy with the design... doesn't really appeal to me at all. I like the original design better imo

3. Salamence - ...urgh

Status
Not open for further replies.