• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh i know ahahah it's my fave dragon so to hear it described as 'the worst dragon' for years made me sad. So i will take great pleasure in moonblasting them into oblivion ahahah ;)

You are an evil, evil person...

R_N

If there's a mega under altaria i'm hoping for delcatty to see if they managed to do something

anything

anything at all

to make it useful.

Also because Buneary/Skitty were paired in BW2 for some reason

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I think Salamence-M is based on the Wu-Tang Clan logo

[img200]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1163524012/wu.jpg[/img200]

So Mega Altaria's Dragon Dance with Return, Earthquake, and Outrage?

drop Outrage for Cotton Guard for maximum new meta

Blesstoise

Squirtle Squad
1- Mega Altaria: Looks nice, good design like everyone expected.
2- Mega Lopunny: Ok i guess but it doesn't really screams out 'Mega' to me.
3- Mega Salamence: Can't really give an opinion untill i see the in game model.

Bit disappointed with the 'scoop' and don't really care for the pikachus.

tictactucrac

What the **** did they just do to Salamence... Worst Mega Evolution so far, by far. Anyway, i don't care, Salamence already looks stupid in its normal state.

Still waiting for mega Flygon, Camerupt and Sharpedo. PLEASE Game Freak make it hapen i beg you.

TheEliteEmpoleon

There's gotta be a mega under altaria!!! I NEED IT. Delcatty would be interesting to see, but I don't think there's much hope for it at all, evwn if they do give it a mega.

Raikou_fan

from Pokebeach

- Altaria-M has +Atk
- Lopunny-M has +Atk & +SpA
- Salamence-M has +Def

Dang, I wanted pixilate/Hyper voice Altaria... I guess it still works, but it's kind of disappointing. Looking at them side-by-side it almost looks like Lopunny got Altaria's stat boosts.

Rakurai

Mega Salamence getting Aerilate scares me.

If it gets a noticeable speed increase from its mega, I imagine the thing is going to have a big impact on the metagame.

In any case, I really hope Mega Hydreigon ends up being a total beast, considering how good Mega Metagross and Salamence are compared to Tyranitar and Garchomp, who were known to be considerably better then those two competitively prior to getting megas.

Last edited:

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
Dang, I wanted pixilate/Hyper voice Altaria... I guess it still works, but it's kind of disappointing. Looking at them side-by-side it almost looks like Lopunny got Altaria's stat boosts.

I think that either Pokebeach mixed up the stat boosts of Megas Altaria and Lopunny or both of those Pokemon have become more versatile in their fighting arsenal.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
You are an evil, evil person...

True but i have great hair so it's ok ;) , I have slowly been developing my Adorable Army for years and now it has finally come together Mwahahaha Fly my fairies FLY!

No but seriously i am soo pumped for Mega Buns and Mega Taria that i can't wait

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
True but i have great hair so it's ok ;) , I have slowly been developing my Adorable Army for years and now it has finally come together Mwahahaha Fly my fairies FLY!

No but seriously i am soo pumped for Mega Buns and Mega Taria that i can't wait

You just confirmed every convoluted conspiracy theory about Fairy-Types that I've made up over the past year. They want to take over the world!

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
from Pokebeach

- Altaria-M has +Atk
- Lopunny-M has +Atk & +SpA
- Salamence-M has +Def

Aside from Lopunny, those boosts seem a bit odd as the two Pokémon play differently from what those stats provide, but it could be useful to both as Salamence wouldn't mind the Def boost (particularly since with Intimidate, it increases its bulk even more) while Altaria would love having a stronger Return/Double-Edge.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
You just confirmed every convoluted conspiracy theory about Fairy-Types that I've made up over the past year. They want to take over the world!

Yes and to do it we will blow up the moon! .... wait what do you mean that's where we draw our power from? Why did nobody tell me this sooner? ... ok so how about we just murder a couple of dragons and call it a day ...... running an evil empire is hard

Aetius

I'm really loving these mega evos.

M.Altaria: adorable design and cool secondary typing, which suits it considering its cutesy appearance, so no surprise here.
We all kinda expected for it to come sooner or later.

M.Lopunny: Didn't see this one coming....
At least his types combination is a new one and its ability is good.

M.Salamence: While he looks a bit strange, I'm loving this draconic creature.
His new ability is awesome and it will finally give it a way to hit hard with flying type moves. :D

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yes and to do it we will blow up the moon! .... wait what do you mean that's where we draw our power from? Why did nobody tell me this sooner? ... ok so how about we just murder a couple of dragons and call it a day ...... running an evil empire is hard

Are such theories common on the internet? I thought that I came up with them all myself, but you're just repeating everything I've come up with.

Rakurai

Mega Salamence strikes me as a dragon Fairy types are not going to want to mess with if it's packing a Dragon Dance boost.

The fact that it can make use of Aerilate boosted Return means it actually has a strong offensive option against them now, and I don't think any of them aside from Intimidate Granbull and Mega Mawile can really threaten it in that state.

Last edited:

R_N

Mega Salamence strikes me as a dragon Fairy types are not going to want to mess with if it's packing a Dragon Dance boost.

The fact that it can make use of Aerilate boosted Return now means it actually has a strong offensive option against them now, and I don't think any of them aside from Intimidate Granbull and Mega Mawile can really threaten it in that state.

Aerilate Double Edge seems interesting if suicidal

Status
Not open for further replies.