• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

Oh boy do I love waking up to news :D

Mega Altaria is what everyone would pretty much expect design wise, just add fluff. I'm sure Agnes will love it. I've always been an Altaria fan and I really like the type change. The only think that nerks be a little is the cloud them yet no link to Flying or Levitate. But if it gets too heavy to fly or something...idk. His ingame model is hard to see but it does look like it is grounded now so atleast there's that.

Mega Lopunny is really unexpected!! I've never really wanted to use a Lopunny before but I've always kind of liked it, but this thing is really going to appreciate the stat increase, 580 BST? Hell yes. The typing is really cool too and fairly unique (I can only think of Meloetta rn) and the ability will be fun. Its fun to know that the Hoenn Dex will be expanding more and it was always fairly big to begin with :)

Mega Salamence... looks insane, I love it! I love that its arms and legs have gotten skinnier and are almost redundant, makes perfect sense given his story :3 I love how his bone structure have formed around him to make him more aerodynamic and also look a bit like a missile or something. I'm glad his typing stayed the same (I was always going to) but still a relief. Ability wise this thing is going to slaaaay, I predict seeing way more Aggron/MAgrons.

Only downside is this was meant to be a ME scoop right?? Only 3... I should have learned by now to always go in with low expectations

Hatmaster15

Dunsparce Defender
While someone may of already mentioned this (sorry, I just don't feel like trawling through 240 pages D: ), does anyone else think mega salamence looks a bit like rayquaza, what with the four head spike things and the more streamlined appearance? Maybe it could mean that the bagon line is a descendant of Rayquaza via evolution closer to the kind we see irl. Maybe if they for some reason gave Salamence a primal devolution it would just turn into a Rayquaza :L

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
While someone may of already mentioned this (sorry, I just don't feel like trawling through 240 pages D: ), does anyone else think mega salamence looks a bit like rayquaza, what with the four head spike things and the more streamlined appearance? Maybe it could mean that the bagon line is a descendant of Rayquaza via evolution closer to the kind we see irl. Maybe if they for some reason gave Salamence a primal devolution it would just turn into a Rayquaza :L

Hm? Yeah I don't see it dude. Salamence looks a jet plane if you ask me. I really don't see Rayquaza anywhere in its design.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Only downside is this was meant to be a ME scoop right?? Only 3... I should have learned by now to always go in with low expectations

There is most likely a forth. The way its set out looking at the scans.

Altaria top left
Salamence top right
Lopunny bottom right

circle in the middle showing the basic form of each pokemon, pointing towards their respective megas. So there should be a forth in the bottom left, below Altaria.

Ajduk

C'mon last mega evolution! :D
Please be:
-Flygon
-Arcanine
-Milotic
-Tropius
-CROBAT

Last edited:

GDK

Not being 4x weak to ice makes mega altaria way better than he was as a defensive set up dragon, §I just hope he gets even better defenses.

norcali

Title Goes Here
Mega Salamence! YAY! Has always been my favorite dragon...sigh...happiness :).

Britney123

Well I am surprised at a Mega Loppuny... Does this kind of confirm dex expansion?

I'm hoping for Mega Ninetails now to be honest

Mega Altaria looks fantastic and I'm in love with Mega Slamence his design is very sleek fighter jet, supersonic speed and that sort of speed... I love the Hoenn dragon types I'm very excited to train one of those Salamence.

Is the Beldum event going to take place at the beginning of the games a la Torchic XY? If so mega Metagross by the league is exciting. One would presume it's no longer a gift pokemon.

Photonkrios95

Hasty

Moonside
Oh cool new Mega's.:)

I really like M-Lopunny, it's cute and interesting with that ability and type.
That art of M-Salamence looks strange... but also so out of space and cool! xD (Does it have arms? o-o)
M-Altaria looks meh...but interesting typing.

I hope there is/are (an)other Mega('s) in that leak. :D
Still hoping for M-Glalie and M-Jynx.. x_x

Last edited:

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I'm so happy about finally getting a Dragon/Fairy type Pokemon! I'm a little sad that it can only happen through Mega Evolution, but there is always time for them to create an amazing new line of them next gen (I can hope). Mega Altaria is seriously going to be a beast, though! I could see move sets like Hyper Voice, Draco Meteor, Steel Wing, and Earthquake being used a lot for coverage and sheer destructive power, with some other options like Flamethrower or Dragon Dance depending on what purpose you want it to serve. Honestly, I'd probably put Flamethrower on this puppy just to eliminate the threats of Skarmory and Ferrothorn.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now that Mega Lopunny's been confirmed, I'm REALLY hoping we'll be getting a Gen V mega evolution soon

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I kinda hope the potentially 4th unrevealed Mega isn't a Hoenn MegaEvolution. While I'd like for it to be a Unova Mega like Chandelure, that all seems to be wishful thinking at this point so maybe MegaFroslass would satisfy me to even out the revealed Megas so far. Or any other Sinnoh Pokémon.

That said the expanded Dex does give some light to this.

Last edited:

Rakurai

I'm not expecting any gen 5 megas until the third game, personally.

By then, the "new" factor will have worn off enough by the standards of the developers, as the games will be as old as D/P were when X/Y released.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I hope if there's still an unrevealed mega that it be Glalie. It's one of my top 5 favorites, and it's kinda stale now. Not amazing but definitely not bad. Just average stats all around. A Mega Evolution could turn it into a Mew/Celebi kind of Pokemon. Give it 20 in all its stats (except HP). Give it a good typing. I'm tempted to say Ice/Dark because it is very fitting, but it would have weaknesses to really common types like Fairy, Fighting, Bug and Fire. But 4 resistances (including 1 immunity) would be decent.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Flygon seriously needs a Mega now. It'd be a crime to deny Flygon a Mega and give one to all of Aagron, Meta, and Salemence. But the new Megas look epic.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Flygon seriously needs a Mega now. It'd be a crime to deny Flygon a Mega and give one to all of Aagron, Meta, and Salemence. But the new Megas look epic.

A lot of Pokemon need Megas more than Flygon (and admittedly, neither of the 3 you said needed Megas, but anyways), give a Mega to the unexpected. I'd love to see a Mega Cacturne for example, or a Mega Claydol. Obviously a Mega Flygon would be neat, but right now, some other Pokemon need it more, I feel.

And still no Mega Sharpedo/Camerupt

Status
Not open for further replies.